• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bmw M3 Or Mercedes C55 Amg?

madmax

Question

Hi Guys,

If you were to pick between an BMW M3 (E46 model) or a Mercedes C55 AMG (W203 model) which one would you pick considering it will be a daily driver plus a family car. C55 comes in automatic only and the M3 picked will be one with SMG.

• Answers 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Glad to be of service. I think it ticks all the right boxes. You also have the added advantage of Qauttro AWD. In snow it'll be much easier to drive, which the M3 would struggle in and oh! and also not as comomon as one! ;-) There are some really good after market catback exhausts that really brings out the lovely rumbling sound of the 4.2 V8..

Glad to be of service. I think it ticks all the right boxes. You also have the added advantage of Qauttro AWD. In snow it'll be much easier to drive, which the M3 would struggle in and oh! and also not as comomon as one! ;-) There are some really good after market catback exhausts that really brings out the lovely rumbling sound of the 4.2 V8..

Already got an AWE catback exhaust system. Sitting on tiens too. The owner had 19"s on it at one time but now on the stock 18"s again. It'll need some wheels to look good. I'll post some pics when I pick it up, hopefully tomorrow.

Edited by madmax

Already got an AWE catback exhaust system. Sitting on tiens too. The owner had 19"s on it at on time but now on the stock 18"s again. It'll need some wheels to look good. I'll post some pics when I pick it up, hopefully tomorrow.

ah so going ahead with it? How does it ride on the 18's btw? those S series audis are supposed to be a bit stiff.

ah so going ahead with it? How does it ride on the 18's btw? those S series audis are supposed to be a bit stiff.

Yes the AWD and 4drs both in one package was a decisive factor. Even on 18"s and Tien springs the ride was pretty confortably. Wife was still for a bimmer even during the the trip to check it out. But as soon as she saw it, she was all for it. Even the backseats are Recaros, funny...LOL

Yes the AWD and 4drs both in one package was a decisive factor. Even on 18"s and Tien springs the ride was pretty confortably. Wife was still for a bimmer even during the the trip to check it out. But as soon as she saw it, she was all for it. Even the backseats are Recaros, funny...LOL

That's good news mate. A lot of car for that money. True about the recaro's front and behind. Window curtains/blinds as well? It's good that the exhaust is done. How is the exhaust note?

Nice! :)

how cold is it there? - i can see icicles! :o

It was -15 Celsius this morning. Tried washing it this morning, sprayed it and it all froze. So had to go to the automatic wash which is heated, and those icicles are dripping water when I drive out of there....

Most important rule of car photography, make sure your reflection is not seen! :D

Nice car tho. Still planning on keeping this only for the winter and going BM in the summer?

This was a quick shoot. You think it's easy to manipulate a camera in 15 below, especially without gloves? I will have to keep this till I get out of college.

This was a quick shoot. You think it's easy to manipulate a camera in 15 below, especially without gloves? I will have to keep this till I get out of college.

Specially for a guy who thinks its cold when the A/C pulls the temp down under 25 :lol: True dedication required sacrifice tho :)

Nothing much to look at, very much a sleeper....

As for being a sleeper: Well isn't that the best thing about it? Extremely good looking car madmax, I really like the subtle aluminium accents inside and out :grinning-smiley-003:

Edited by Kavvz

Madmax u shud get the open bybass or cutout with the AWE exhaust... my friend has it on his S4 and bloody thing sounds gorgeous on full open throttle... just saying... :D ...

Me= Family guy. I have conversations in the car. LOL

Edited by madmax