• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cool Ebay Gadgets For Cars

cha

I guess he meant HB4. Surprisingly the H3 has ~1.4 times the output of HB4 ( When it comes to Osram Night breaker)

I just checked on that, H3 has 1450LM and HB4 has 1095LM. I don't understand why both of them have different output, maybe it's to do with the size of the bulb?

I just checked on that, H3 has 1450LM and HB4 has 1095LM. I don't understand why both of them have different output, maybe it's to do with the size of the bulb?

The H3 bulb is rather small compared to the HB4, However the holder / body for HB4 is plastic whereas the H3 is metallic and held by a screw.

The H3 bulb is connected by a spade connector to the live wire, whereas the HB4 is connected by respective plugs.

Maybe something to do with the heat dissipation?

9006-bulb.jpg

h3-bulb.jpg

The H3 bulb is rather small compared to the HB4, However the holder / body for HB4 is plastic whereas the H3 is metallic and held by a screw.

The H3 bulb is connected by a spade connector to the live wire, whereas the HB4 is connected by respective plugs.

Maybe something to do with the heat dissipation?

9006-bulb.jpg

h3-bulb.jpg

Maybe they thought its two bright for fog lamps, but then again that takes out the whole point of Night breaker lol.

Normally bulbs with bigger filament are brighter right?

Another reason could be that newer vehicles have smaller fog lamp housings and most new ones have HB4 bulbs

Maybe they thought its two bright for fog lamps, but then again that takes out the whole point of Night breaker lol.

Normally bulbs with bigger filament are brighter right?

Another reason could be that newer vehicles have smaller fog lamp housings and most new ones have HB4 bulbs

Well those nightbreakers better work lol, or else its gonna be either a projector fog conversion or mean spot lamps on the grill.

Well those nightbreakers better work lol, or else its gonna be either a projector fog conversion or mean spot lamps on the grill.

Is it possible to convert fog lamps to projector lights? If you do i dont think it will spread the light like how a reflector set up does.

Is it possible to convert fog lamps to projector lights? If you do i dont think it will spread the light like how a reflector set up does.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-0-Universal-HID-Halogen-Fog-Light-Projectors-Lens-CCFL-Halo-Angel-Eyes-/171384527225?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item27e7505979&vxp=mtr

Something similar maybe, with a HID kit off a local place; that way I can yank the warranty, when they fail.

Sometimes back i bought this DVR cam.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Small-HD-720P-In-Car-Dash-Camera-Video-Register-Recorder-Mini-DVR-Cam-G-sensor-/231576246329?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item35eb051839

My main concern was that the DVR should not be visible once fixed and should be able to connect to the car video player. this offers all these, but the camera quality especially during night hours is not so great. last time i checked, the same product is available at S*n Lanka for 15,000/=.

thnx mate. does any one knows a cam which have good quality at night time?

• 2 weeks later...
Have installed two of these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/27W-9Led-Trabajo-Luz-Camioneta-Todo-Terreno-Spot-Lampara-Land-Rover-SUV-12V-24V-/281526984601?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_186&hash=item418c50df99

its bright and uses less power too. Got it from eBay (Cheap) and found locally too (but expensive).

Machan how did u get this down?

did it arrive at your house or

Did u have to go through customs?

Do they tax heavy?

• 2 weeks later...
Most of these paints are very thin, even with a few coats the level of the scratch is likely to be lower than the surrounding paint, thereby the touch-up rarely peels off, instead what happens is the taller sides of the original paint comes of with time, expanding the scratch and leaving the touch-up 'island' in the middle, anyways these are negligible specs that occur with time, a small refinish from the pen would do.

+1

Holds equally well as regular paint. Some touch-ups I did were not showing up even after 4 years.

Will this item help me remove this scratch mark in my buffer as shown in images below?

8ZbXCcV.jpgNaD1sl5.jpg

Yes you can use this for the black mark where the paint has peeled off, and for the other scratch you don't even need this. You just have to cut and polish it and it'll be gone.

It's not a black mark.. its a hole :/ Got it while reversing in the night and knocked on a short piller and got that hole... As for the cut and polish, this happened 2 days after the cut and polish :( Can the cut and polish be done only around this area?

It's not a black mark.. its a hole :/ Got it while reversing in the night and knocked on a short piller and got that hole... As for the cut and polish, this happened 2 days after the cut and polish :( Can the cut and polish be done only around this area?

Yep

I havent done this by myself but I have seen people who do paint work cut these kinda scracthes with a wet sand paper and then polish if off with brasso or any other polishing liquid

• Like 1

Ah ok thanks.... Instead of cut and polish, can we also do it with this scratch remover too?

Im not sure what that this, but if you take it to the place where you got your cut and polish done they'll probably do it for you for free in 5 minutes :P

• Like 1

Im not sure what that this, but if you take it to the place where you got your cut and polish done they'll probably do it for you for free in 5 minutes :P

Oh and also, there are few faded paint marks on my bonnet... This didn't go even after the cut and polish, and they said, need to paint the bonnet in order to make this go away.... I have attached a pic of the white faded spots on the bonnet... so do you think this will go away if i do this item?

tlbOKYk.jpg

Edited by PreseaLover

I dont recommend using that paint thing on such a large area cuz it will show a clear difference in color. bdw does you car have the original paint? or was it re-painted? or not sure? :P

I'm pretty sure it has been repainted 4,5 years back, because the car looked a bit darker green (technically light green) in 2010 comparing to now... :D

Now it's very very lighter metallic green, so in the hot sun you see it as a silverish/light bluish/light greenish one, I don't know how to explain the current colour... :P

It is repainted im sure about it...

Then you better get the bonnet repainted, use Sikkens if you are after quality, mind you it will be expensive

The prob is, the colour code in marked under the hood is not clearly visible/has been scratched away so its hard to identify the colour code that needs to be applied... when i painted my spoiler, it has a small difference between the spoiler colour and the body colour... so if it happens to the bonnet, it will be clearly visible that 2 shades of green is there in the car...so that's why im hesitant to paint the bonnet....

The prob is, the colour code in marked under the hood is not clearly visible/has been scratched away so its hard to identify the colour code that needs to be applied... when i painted my spoiler, it has a small difference between the spoiler colour and the body colour... so if it happens to the bonnet, it will be clearly visible that 2 shades of green is there in the car...so that's why im hesitant to paint the bonnet....

A good painter / paint shop combo could work out the colour

• Like 1

Oh thats bad! you couldnt find another car of the same color?

and did you buy the paint from a proper place? If the paint isnt mixed properly you will see a difference in color too

The name of your car paint is 'greenish silver,' I'm trying to find the color code, if i come across it i'll let you know

Edit: I found all the color codes for your mode, pick the one which resembles the one close to the code marked on your car, you can atleast some part of the code isnt it??

http://www.jp-carparts.com/nissan/partlist.php?maker=nissan&type=75&cartype=16&fig=999

Edited by Magnum

Oh thats bad! you couldnt find another car of the same color?

and did you buy the paint from a proper place? If the paint isnt mixed properly you will see a difference in color too

The name of your car paint is 'greenish silver,' I'm trying to find the color code, if i come across it i'll let you know

Edit: I found all the color codes for your mode, pick the one which resembles the one close to the code marked on your car, you can atleast some part of the code isnt it??

http://www.jp-carparts.com/nissan/partlist.php?maker=nissan&type=75&cartype=16&fig=999

Nah, never seen a presea before with the same colour... I have seen light green one's but not with this silverish green mix...

I didn't buy the pain, I gave it to a car painting place (family friends) who are quite popular in this area....

Umm, no, not a single letter is visible in the code :/ But thanks machan :)