• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cool Ebay Gadgets For Cars

cha

What will happen if i get it down here to Aussie and bring it with me when im coming there? Will there be an issue at the SL airport?

I got the same unit for around USD 60 with AV in function where yo can fix a reverse cam. Ask the seller to ditch the printed box and mark it as a tablet.

My unit came directly to home.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="JayZ" data-cid="281552" data-time="1439894386"><p>

I got the same unit for around USD 60 with AV in function where yo can fix a reverse cam. Ask the seller to ditch the printed box and mark it as a tablet.<br />

My unit came directly to home.</p></blockquote>

Is it the same thing? How is the quality? Does it use the Navitel maps?

What will happen if i get it down here to Aussie and bring it with me when im coming there? Will there be an issue at the SL airport?

Don't think that would be an issue. A friend of mine brought down 2 Nexus phones and a Billion Router without any issues. Travellers from Europe, US and Down Under and don't go through the same scrutiny like other travellers do as far as I can remember. (Talk about preferential treatment)

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="JayZ" data-cid="281552" data-time="1439894386"><p>

I got the same unit for around USD 60 with AV in function where yo can fix a reverse cam. Ask the seller to ditch the printed box and mark it as a tablet.<br />

My unit came directly to home.</p></blockquote>

Is it the same thing? How is the quality? Does it use the Navitel maps?

Its the same unit. I got it from AliExpress. Not Ebay. And using for almost 1 year now. still no issue.

I got City Guide map installed. Never tried Navitel.

Its the same unit. I got it from AliExpress. Not Ebay. And using for almost 1 year now. still no issue.

If you don't mind could you post the link to a similar one you have ( with AV input) ? few information on your unit would be nice :)

Edited by NRX

Some chinese tabs tabs have these blueish tint on the screen, does it have the same problem and how is the touch sensitivity?

and yeah please post the link

Has anyone tried "Angel Eye Lights" (Halo Lights) on their cars..?? I saw a guy who fits angel lights has advertised on fb.. A light costs around 5000/= as he says..
They look really nice on cars.. Don't know how long they last though..

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="JFLanka" data-cid="281614" data-time="1440000886"><p>

Has anyone tried "Angel Eye Lights" (Halo Lights) on their cars..?? I saw a guy who fits angel lights has advertised on fb.. A light costs around 5000/= as he says..<br />

They look really nice on cars.. Don't know how long they last though..</p></blockquote>

Those are fixed around projector lights isn't it?

How exactly do we fix them?

Nopes, just stick it in with your laptop. Its rare that they ever ask me to open my bags, and even on the odd occasion that they do, they just glance over at the laptop bag and I assume they just think everything else in there is some sort of computer peripheral as they never check any further. Or stick it in with your camera lenses, they never look through that either...

Edited by Kavvz

Has anyone tried "Angel Eye Lights" (Halo Lights) on their cars..?? I saw a guy who fits angel lights has advertised on fb.. A light costs around 5000/= as he says..

They look really nice on cars.. Don't know how long they last though..

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="JFLanka" data-cid="281614" data-time="1440000886"><p>

Has anyone tried "Angel Eye Lights" (Halo Lights) on their cars..?? I saw a guy who fits angel lights has advertised on fb.. A light costs around 5000/= as he says..<br />

They look really nice on cars.. Don't know how long they last though..</p></blockquote>

Those are fixed around projector lights isn't it?

How exactly do we fix them?

Projectors last, halos fail

Still better than HIDs alone

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Kavvz" data-cid="281620" data-time="1440032472"><p>

Nopes, just stick it in with your laptop. Its rare that they ever ask me to open my bags, and even on the odd occasion that they do, they just glance over at the laptop bag and I assume they just think everything else in there is some sort of computer peripheral as they never check any further. Or stick it in with your camera lenses, they never look through that either...</p></blockquote>

Haha thanks man!

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="tiv" data-cid="281624" data-time="1440037943"><p>

<br />

<br />

Projectors last, halos fail<br />

Still better than HIDs alone</p></blockquote>

Halos work like park lights right?

Do we have to take the headlight apart to fix them? If so it's not a good idea

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="tiv" data-cid="281624" data-time="1440037943"><p>

<br />

<br />

Projectors last, halos fail<br />

Still better than HIDs alone</p></blockquote>

Halos work like park lights right?

Do we have to take the headlight apart to fix them? If so it's not a good idea

Yup, the entire assembly has to be heated via hot gun or oven, then taken apart, the projector assembly has to be screwed in or fastened by some means, if the halo is built-in to the projector, otherwise the halo too should be fastened in front of the projector, then the wires guided out through a vent or something

all in all lot of potential for a disaster, projectors if done well, it will turn out alright. Seen many in forums worldwide and also I recall an AL member got it done very well on his Sunny.

As for halos, matter of opinion, unless oem they don't last long

Affirmative... But this is not the original paint, since it has been repainted again (since its a different shade of a light green compared to the original paint) even though i find the colour code it won't be helpful cuz its not painted as per the color code... Isnt it?

There are people who will match the colour to the current colour of the car by removing the fuel filler lid and matching colours according to it

• Like 1

There are people who will match the colour to the current colour of the car by removing the fuel filler lid and matching colours according to it

Is there any place you could recommend?

My usual painting place said there will be a slight color difference even if we do so because the front buffer is plastic and the bonnet is metal, so even if we apply the same colour due to this fact, there will be a difference... is that so?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="tiv" data-cid="281637" data-time="1440079453"><p>

Yup, the entire assembly has to be heated via hot gun or oven, then taken apart, the projector assembly has to be screwed in or fastened by some means, if the halo is built-in to the projector, otherwise the halo too should be fastened in front of the projector, then the wires guided out through a vent or something<br />

<br />

all in all lot of potential for a disaster, projectors if done well, it will turn out alright. Seen many in forums worldwide and also I recall an AL member got it done very well on his Sunny.<br />

<br />

As for halos, matter of opinion, unless oem they don't last long</p></blockquote>

I have heard it's very hard to put back the housing once it's removed so I wouldn't risk that to fix halos to be honest

Seems like the seller is selling a newer unit now. My unit was the old mode which looks like the picture posted by Magnum.

It was 7 inch Android 4.3 unit with multi point touch. No issue with the touch screen. It still works fine. Somedays i have to park the vehicle under direct sun still this is holding on. Only problem is it takes almost 4 - 5 minutes to lock the GPS signal with a cold start in a cloudy day. Sunny days its around 2 mins.

AV port works fine. I needed the AV port as i fixed a 4 Way camera system to my vehicle. Which works great with front and rear guide lines. :)

This is the link to their newer model. Seller specifies shipping with EMS. But talk to him and ask to send with normal post. Will take close to 1 month but its free shipping.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/7-inch-GPS-navigation-DVR-Bluetooth-AV-IN-FM-4GB-DDR-128-Win-CE-6-0/403497_626348067.html

• Like 1

Seems like the seller is selling a newer unit now. My unit was the old mode which looks like the picture posted by Magnum.

It was 7 inch Android 4.3 unit with multi point touch. No issue with the touch screen. It still works fine. Somedays i have to park the vehicle under direct sun still this is holding on. Only problem is it takes almost 4 - 5 minutes to lock the GPS signal with a cold start in a cloudy day. Sunny days its around 2 mins.

AV port works fine. I needed the AV port as i fixed a 4 Way camera system to my vehicle. Which works great with front and rear guide lines. :)

This is the link to their newer model. Seller specifies shipping with EMS. But talk to him and ask to send with normal post. Will take close to 1 month but its free shipping.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/7-inch-GPS-navigation-DVR-Bluetooth-AV-IN-FM-4GB-DDR-128-Win-CE-6-0/403497_626348067.html

How is the media capabilities of this device ? is the hardware capable of playing high bit rate videos, like 720p movies in mkv format ?

How is the quality of the display like ?

How is the media capabilities of this device ? is the hardware capable of playing high bit rate videos, like 720p movies in mkv format ?

How is the quality of the display like ?

To be honest, i didn't play 1080P videos. I initially loaded couple of downloaded movies (1GB) 720P and it worked fine. No delay.

Not sure with mkv. You can always download and install video players / codec from Playstore.

Screen quality is normal LCD. Not as bright as my Note 3 under direct sun. But its not bad for the price.

• Like 1

My usual painting place said there will be a slight color difference even if we do so because the front buffer is plastic and the bonnet is metal, so even if we apply the same colour due to this fact, there will be a difference... is that so?

Most shops who do auto colours have that option.

but they only match it to the level of the eye, so unless you paint the whole panel there will be a slight difference in the colour.

But it will be better than using the original colour code as the paint may have faded away by now.

I sent you a PM check your inbox

Edited by Clark's son
  • Like 1

Is cheaper than what I posted too

To be honest, i didn't play 1080P videos. I initially loaded couple of downloaded movies (1GB) 720P and it worked fine. No delay.

Not sure with mkv. You can always download and install video players / codec from Playstore.

Screen quality is normal LCD. Not as bright as my Note 3 under direct sun. But its not bad for the price.

As long as it doesnt have the blue hue its fine

I think there will always be a slight difference between metal and plastic

• Like 1