• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Triumph T R Restore Project

MasterDon

Blue is bit too crazy for me GTAm,And the TR is not car that can carry any colour combo well like the MG A or most Italian cars...Anyway the seats are done.I've chosen a sort of brownish red...

twTpPoV.jpg

vIm5OFx.jpg

Edited by MasterDon
  • Like 2

Liking the colour, pretty decent choice for a car of that vintage I think. I'd have gone for black myself, but the muted red looks quite nice. Was it just the light or were the seams a bit off in the last picture you had up?

Edited by Kavvz

Liking the colour, pretty decent choice for a car of that vintage I think. I'd have gone for black myself, but the muted red looks quite nice. Was it just the light or were the seams a bit off in the last picture you had up?

Yes it is the light.All the borders have slight curves and bumps to them which the camera does not pick up.But there are some ripples and stretches in one seat which'll have to be righted before being fixed to the car...

Thought of sharing this wonderful pic taken by AL member esdeez....It's me Vs. MG A mkII driven by Mr.Triherne Gomez at the recently held Classic Car Club of Ceylon trackday at Pannala Speed drome.Sadly I had a torrid time,one of the carb pistons was getting stuck and kept misfiring so I spent most of the day lagging behind others...GTAm though had an awesome day and won a couple of events with his gorgeous Giulia GTJ...

IZ8Exqq.jpg

Thought of sharing this wonderful pic taken by AL member esdeez....It's me Vs. MG A mkII driven by Mr.Triherne Gomez at the recently held Classic Car Club of Ceylon trackday at Pannala Speed drome.Sadly I had a torrid time,one of the carb pistons was getting stuck and kept misfiring so I spent most of the day lagging behind others...GTAm though had an awesome day and won a couple of events with his gorgeous Giulia GTJ...

IZ8Exqq.jpg

thanks for sharing the pics too bad about the carbs mate!

please upload more pics if you can

btw:the seats for your TR looks good and i like the color

• Like 1

Sadly I had a torrid time,one of the carb pistons was getting stuck and kept misfiring so I spent most of the day lagging behind others...GTAm though had an awesome day and won a couple of events with his gorgeous Giulia GTJ...

Sounds like a ricer boy who lost a drag in his civic and blamed it on a missed gear or pending future upgrade or some stuff like that.. hik hik hik...

just pulling your leg MD ;)

• Like 2

Sounds like a ricer boy who lost a drag in his civic and blamed it on a missed gear or pending future upgrade or some stuff like that.. hik hik hik...

just pulling your leg MD ;)

LOL!...what to do machan,the MG's Vtac didn't kick in yo no... :lol:

Blue is bit too crazy for me GTAm,And the TR is not car that can carry any colour combo well like the MG A or most Italian cars...Anyway the seats are done.I've chosen a sort of brownish red...

twTpPoV.jpg

vIm5OFx.jpg

This is nice MD. I can visualize your car now and it looks great! Have you watched "La Dolce Vita"?

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_2676-Triumph-TR3A-1958.html

This is nice MD. I can visualize your car now and it looks great! Have you watched "La Dolce Vita"?

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_2676-Triumph-TR3A-1958.html

Thanks GTAm!...No this is the first time I've heard of this movie.Critically acclaimed and a TR3 is featured throughout the it I see.I'm sold!.....Must see if there's a way to download an english subbed copy...

Edited by MasterDon

Thanks GTAm!...No this is the first time I've heard of this movie.Critically acclaimed and a TR3 is featured throughout the it I see.I'm sold!.....Must see if there's a way to download an english subbed copy...

I have a DVD. Can lend it to you. Just send me a reminder before the next Sunday Run!

IZ8Exqq.jpg

great photo!

MD you need a retro helmet and goggles

I have a DVD. Can lend it to you. Just send me a reminder before the next Sunday Run!

Will do..and thank you!

great photo!

MD you need a retro helmet and goggles

Haha I do have the 70s racing gloves,goggles,kneepads and suit my dad raced with.Even the helmet I'm wearing in the picture is his old Nolan....Will upload some pics...

I did once go to wedding of a friend with full tuxedo,gloves,hat and goggles in the MG TF,that caused quite a scene with the guests and for some reason it pissed my friend off...maybe cos I took all the attention away from his precious Axio wedding car...

Edited by MasterDon
  • Like 2

Will do..and thank you!

Haha I do have the 70s racing gloves,goggles,kneepads and suit my dad raced with.Even the helmet I'm wearing in the picture is his old Nolan....Will upload some pics...

I did once go to wedding of a friend with full tuxedo,gloves,hat and goggles in the MG TF,that caused quite a scene with the guests and for some reason it pissed my friend off...maybe cos I took all the attention away from his precious Axio wedding car...

I can only imagine the look on his face when this happened. :D

lol ! You got pictures of this entrance by any chance?

I thought you did and retro automobiles look a whole lot better when drivers and passengers dress the part.

Kneepads? didn't know they were part of the kit back then. So that could be the origin of knee airbags we get in modern cars these days eh?

I'm also in the process of searching for an old Nolan to match my '79 CBX. All modern helmets are so high tech that they seem out of place on a classic ride.

lol ! You got pictures of this entrance by any chance?

Nah...If there are any the groom is hiding 'em pretty well...

Kneepads? didn't know they were part of the kit back then. So that could be the origin of knee airbags we get in modern cars these days eh?

My dad raced motorcycles,hence the kneepads...

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for sharing the pics too bad about the carbs mate!

please upload more pics if you can

btw:the seats for your TR looks good and i like the color

@MD damm missed it i saw classic cars passing my house......what to do bloody exams :speechless-smiley-004:

by the way saw a silver merc wagon in the afternoon going back was it there @ the track never seen it before

That was Mr.Freddie Alles' car.

Here are some picture albums of the event.CSN also aired an hour long documentary of it featuring yours truly.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.592534410764439.1073741834.471685239516024&type=1

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.478683195550662.1073741834.179862388766079&type=1

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152858007295438.1073741826.600215437&type=1

• 3 weeks later...

No new updates but thought you guys might like this.it is a video shot in the mid 80s at our house.(You can see the back side of the TR2 briefly).Many thanks to Mr.Hatim Akbarally(who has a huge classic collection himself) who shot this back then and for sharing this video with me.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL40UXUXc6I

Edited by MasterDon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...