• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

1968 Datsun 510 Sedan (Project Datto)

Komisiripala

Will you be doing the SSS pillar conversion as well?

Edited by tiv

C pillar garnish? $100 men. :( not right now
Oh you mean the raked pillar of the coupe. No machan can't alter structural dynamics to that level. Would mean sourcing those rear windows, latches, and taking a huge risk with the windscreen.

Besides, there were jdm SSS sedans too. With l16 and l18

Oh thats fine then, I thought SSS came only as a coupe, I presume then the garnish won't fit this either, btw hows work going on that twincarb setup?

Komi, sorry to bump into this thread.(My PM is not functioning for some reason) Need your input to select a car which I'm planning for a re-build & to use as a daily drive to office.

Was searching for a Corolla KE 20 two door for a while but was not that lucky. March K10 is bit beyond my budget. Found a B210 & a Mitsubishi Galant but both were four door sedans. I'm interested in a two door hatchback for below 250K. Any other models running trough your mind?

Komi, sorry to bump into this thread.(My PM is not functioning for some reason) Need your input to select a car which I'm planning for a re-build & to use as a daily drive to office.

Was searching for a Corolla KE 20 two door for a while but was not that lucky. March K10 is bit beyond my budget. Found a B210 & a Mitsubishi Galant but both were four door sedans. I'm interested in a two door hatchback for below 250K. Any other models running trough your mind?

There's a red KP60/61 for sale near Bellanwilla. I can't remember if it was the two door or four door, but KP61s are the smaller versions of the KE70; simple and reliable.

Some photos-

starlets-1.jpg

0wstarr.jpg?w=1280&h=904

There's a red KP60/61 for sale near Bellanwilla. I can't remember if it was the two door or four door, but KP61s are the smaller versions of the KE70; simple and reliable.

Some photos-

starlets-1.jpg

0wstarr.jpg?w=1280&h=904

Thanks Jaliya! I was hunting for a 2 door version for almost three months, but my mission failed. I'm looking for a two door specifialy to keep things simple as I will only use it during the week to get to office.

@Crishan I vaguely remember a KE20 2 door at my bike mechanic's place in September. It was in pretty bad shape but it was being tinkered. Not sure it's exactly what you're looking for or whether it's too far-gone for you but if you don't mind a call I can PM you his contact details.

I'll get right on it. And get back to you. Jaliya's option is a cracker too. Maybe if you could do a 4AGE swap?

Komi, I assume KP61 is also called as Starlet. Not sure about it. Well, about the engine swap, I haven't though about it at the moment & neither reserved a space in my budget proposal I got approved from my dearest Wifey.....

I have a KE sedan. 4 door. 1.8 liter petrol engine. Needs a good fixer upper if you're interested. Can get for your price range

Komi I need to clarify a question. Do you own three vehicles or a yard full of vehicles??? :-) Thanks for the offer but I have strictly made up my mind for a two door version. Any way the one you have is a KE 20?

@Crishan I vaguely remember a KE20 2 door at my bike mechanic's place in September. It was in pretty bad shape but it was being tinkered. Not sure it's exactly what you're looking for or whether it's too far-gone for you but if you don't mind a call I can PM you his contact details.

Hoonigan, if it's a 2 door I'm up for it. If the body condition is ok I'm fine (Tin body without much putty all over the car). Only problem is my PM is not functioning.

Hoonigan, if it's a 2 door I'm up for it. If the body condition is ok I'm fine (Tin body without much putty all over the car). Only problem is my PM is not functioning.

No kidding..I tried to message you but didn't go through. Maybe your quota is full. delete some of your older messages and it might work. I don't think it's nice to post a phone number out here in the open.

I didn't look closely at the car so I can't give you a full run down. But if you call him and ask he will tell you what is and/or isn't there. But at first glance it was in pretty bad shape. Worth a call if you've been trying to find one for three months I guess.

are you fixed on a KE20 or any two door?

No kidding..I tried to message you but didn't go through. Maybe your quota is full. delete some of your older messages and it might work. I don't think it's nice to post a phone number out here in the open.

I didn't look closely at the car so I can't give you a full run down. But if you call him and ask he will tell you what is and/or isn't there. But at first glance it was in pretty bad shape. Worth a call if you've been trying to find one for three months I guess.

are you fixed on a KE20 or any two door?

Hoonigan, when I click my Personal Messenger an error message appaers stating "You are not allowed to use the private messaging system." I hope Peri can help me to resolve this issue.

To answer your question, I'm not fixed only on a KE20, any make or model would do. (Eg: Nissan, Mitsubishi, Ford, Datsun)