• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

Ah, the Bigma. Very nice. Tho advisable not to go near Forces personnel carrying one.

OK, so I'm not that into blondes .... :P

Dye em' hair with the preferred colour :P

Edited by isam

Good lens good 'model'...you need to have good arms for that :D !

MINIACE

And a good pole to balance it on :lol:

Edited by isam

eh??? i seriously don't get its appeal. care to enlighten us peri?

each field has it's own holy grails machan...just like a ferrari or a rolls to us petrolheads...these massive lenses could be a photographer's equalent of a ferrari for us...

and i have a question too peri...does it come with the girl included? :D

each field has it's own holy grails machan...just like a ferrari or a rolls to us petrolheads...these massive lenses could be a photographer's equalent of a ferrari for us...

I'm somewhat into photography myself. but as far as cameras go i'm stuck with the toyota corolla that the fx35 is.

but that lens looks like a whacking big telescope. handy for spies i suppose :P

does it come with the girl included? :D

i think that justifies the price :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_EF_1200mm_lens

The numbers

1200mm, f5.6. 16.5kg, approx $90,000.

The appeal? It lets you see very, very far without actually been seen yourself. Appeals to wildlife photogs. And papparazzi, but that would cost a lot and you can't really walk around with it and get pap shots :) But the thing is, it can deliver absolute quality. It will let you sit a mile away and read a newspaper over someones shoulder.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_EF_1200mm_lens

The numbers

1200mm, f5.6. 16.5kg, approx $90,000.

The appeal? It lets you see very, very far without actually been seen yourself. Appeals to wildlife photogs. And papparazzi, but that would cost a lot and you can't really walk around with it and get pap shots :) But the thing is, it can deliver absolute quality. It will let you sit a mile away and read a newspaper over someones shoulder.

1200mm??? that explains it. i'm stuck with 3x25mm :P

easier when you think of it as horsepower :D

WOW! Thats nuts. :blink:

Seriously, I could buy myself a nice apartment for that kind of money. And imagine walking around with that thing; all the while knowing that if it were to be dropped, it would cost the equivalent of a small car to get it fixed....

Small car? Dude, $90k will get you a GTR and you'll have spare change.*

*not applicable in SL due to insane taxation.

Hello, Thank you for your interpretation about me.

All I have to say is, I never watch Government TV or I even can't remember last time I read the Daily News. I'm not living in Sri Lanka after all.

I'm not living under a rock, I have interactions/worked with the people in the many parts of the world. So I can compare the attitude of some of our people/leaders with the rest of the world.

I'm not “blue” either, I have my respect toward great people like Lalith Athulath Mudali who should have lead this country. But not for jokers like RW/ CBK.

If MR could eliminate the terrorism one should be humble enough to appreciate it.

I know most people in this forum has some other view, but that does not mean whole world is with you. This is the only forum dominated by green people. Show me an example if you can!

see machang this is where you went off sid. just because you spoke to few 'white and colored boys' with different accents you think you can judge sri lankan mentality while living thousands of miles away. remedy for this problem is to invest some of your hard earned money is sri lanka. then you'll realize first hand the hell hole the sri lankan economy is in. CSE is a good place to start. it's in dire need of foreign investors. index is hardly turning over eight figures for few months now. there's no horrifying/upsetting feeling than seen your hard earned money depreciate in value before your eyes because of forces beyond your control.

it is absolute idiotic to comment on the situation in sri lanka with out experiencing it first hand. forget about how members in this community is moaning about how they can't afford a subaru or a evo. do you know that people in the villages now buy milk powder by the 'tea spoons'???????

what is this example you want us to produce? i'm bit lost in that statement. if you can elaborate it a bit more i'm sure i can find few for you.

Small car? Dude, $90k will get you a GTR and you'll have spare change.*

*not applicable in SL due to insane taxation.

lol !! Small car as in $2000-$10000 towards re-calibration / repair costs upon being dropped, not its actual out right purchase price of $90,000 plus... :lol:

do you know that people in the villages now buy milk powder by the 'tea spoons'???????

Hey hey hey! I take offense to that comment. I bought two tea spoons worth of the powder last time. :P

I didn't share any of it though :ninja:

Hmm.. it's like this I guess. 1200mm, in camera terms is being able to see very very far away.

Now, it's true you can buy a conventional cheap mirror lens + teleconverter that could do reach 1200mm, or even a regular lens for about $10,000, + teleconverter, but what makes this lens extraordinary is the image quality it gives, and comparatively 'large' aperture of f5.6

F5.6 combined with perfectly polished matched optics means this thing can get a photo a mile away which would be as clear and sharp as the photo you take with your regular camera, of something thats a few meters away from you.

True there are telescopes, etc that can get you that distance but none would do so with the image quality this gives. The cost is probably because this is

1. custom designed

2. HUGE glass lenses, particularly for the front, precision polished and matched, etc.

everything put together and tweaked to give the perfect image.

Who would use this? hardly anyone. Maybe ultra rich spies, bored Arabs, or just crazy people. It's unlikely that regular professional photographers would buy something like this, as, aside from the cost, the sheer size and weight of this makes it impractical.

Practically speaking, if you wanted 1200mm, you could get the

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-600mm-Super-Te...s/dp/B00009R6X9

together with a 2x teleconverter

Now the 600mm lens is F4, given the 2x tc, that would be f8, which is one stop less than the above 1200 super lens, but the whole package could be got under $8000 so its a pretty good deal. Also, in my opinion, being able to mass produce an 600mm f4 IS lens is as amazing an achievement as producing that 1200mm monster.

True, the teleconverter will mean that the image quality is a bit less than the 1200mm f5.6 but hopefully the difference wont be so bad. Also, consider that this lens will be 1/10 the cost, and 1/10 the weight probably, it does make it a pretty good compromise :)

Lastly if someone wanted1200mm on the cheap they could get this:

http://www.amazon.com/Opteka-650-1300mm-De.../dp/B000IMRTFO/

which isn't bad for under $300. True the image will probably be crap, but at that price who can complain.

Edited by Saturn

She's hanging onto that thing for dear life. :lol:

being a booth girl, she probably has no idea what it is/how special it is

most of the photographers who see that lens drool at it, not her, so she must wonder what the fuss is all about.

Edited by Saturn

quoted from the "Current Market Situation" Thread

I know most people in this forum has some other view, but that does not mean whole world is with you. This is the only forum dominated by green people. Show me an example if you can!

then you should see the differance between this forum and the others...seriously you cant even hope to compare the content and the members in this froum to others......their signatures alone is enough to make you puke and drown in your own vomit.

no dude this is not a green forum or any other color for that matter...it's just a collecton of more informed people that's all.

• MADZ locked this topic