• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

Toyota Hiace Super Custom.. Simply the best van ever made.. :smilie_liebe9::smilie_liebe9::smilie_liebe9:

IKR! Too bad we need heavy vehicle license here to drive them. my cousi had a super custom(newer than the one in the pic) which was registered as dual purpose and the person who imported it had to go through loads of trouble to clear it which made him selling it to my cousin as he had a huge loss importing it :P

By the way it's sad there isn't a short wheel wagon version in the KDH series and the wagon version only comes as gasoline

IKR! Too bad we need heavy vehicle license here to drive them. my cousi had a super custom(newer than the one in the pic) which was registered as dual purpose and the person who imported it had to go through loads of trouble to clear it which made him selling it to my cousin as he had a huge loss importing it :P By the way it's sad there isn't a short wheel wagon version in the KDH series and the wagon version only comes as gasoline

AFAIK we only need heavy vehicle license for the LWB models of Super Custom like the Grand Cabin variant. Those are registered on 6x- numbers and Nx- numbers because they are considered passenger vehicles. SWB models like the one you posted here can be driven with the normal license. Correct me if i'm wrong.

And yeah its too sad there's no model in the KDH series that comes with atleast half of the goodies and the comfort level offered in the Super Custom.

Magnum it is soo good to know someone who loves Super Customs. :drinks:

AFAIK we only need heavy vehicle license for the LWB models of Super Custom like the Grand Cabin variant. Those are registered on 6x- numbers and Nx- numbers because they are considered passenger vehicles. SWB models like the one you posted here can be driven with the normal license. Correct me if i'm wrong.

And yeah its too sad there's no model in the KDH series that comes with atleast half of the goodies and the comfort level offered in the Super Custom.

Magnum it is soo good to know someone who loves Super Customs. :drinks:

I have seen couple of short wheel ones too with NA/6X- numbers too. I think any vehicle with a seating capacity of 8 or above is registered as heavy vehicle. I dont see importer bringing down the 8 seater version of the Noah/Voxy/Esquire either.

Check this out this out, its a lower specced Super Custom with 6X- number

http://####/en/ad/toyota-super-custom-1989-for-sale-colombo-26

Oh I love all Hiace which came after the 50 series :D

bdw this was my cousin's

431417_2502748507297_153948822_n.jpg

532896_4149027783250_1549566444_n.jpg

537304_4068720975630_1922955925_n.jpg

Edited by Magnum
  • Like 1

I have seen couple of short wheel ones too with NA/6X- numbers too. I think any vehicle with a seating capacity of 8 or above is registered as heavy vehicle. I dont see importer bringing down the 8 seater version of the Noah/Voxy/Esquire either.

Check this out this out, its a lower specced Super Custom with 6X- number

Oh I love all Hiace which came after the 50 series :D

bdw this was my cousin's

Hmmm.. I see there are some registered as heavy vehicles..
and that is a neat specimen your cousin got there Magnum.. I hope he knows the value of the vehicle and treat it well..
You said you love 50 series right..?? well i'm not sure if you have come across these images., anyway check this out..

0602126_A20130405_W00202.jpg
0602126_A20130405_W00203.jpg
0602126_A20130405_W00204.jpg
0602126_A20130405_W00206.jpg
70006021262013040500200.jpg
0602126_A20130530_W00116.jpg
0602126_A20130530_W00115.jpg

0602126_A20130405_W00210.jpg

Hmmm.. I see there are some registered as heavy vehicles..
and that is a neat specimen your cousin got there Magnum.. I hope he knows the value of the vehicle and treat it well..
You said you love 50 series right..?? well i'm not sure if you have come across these images., anyway check this out..

He took care of her well and sold it last year. If I come across it again i might consider having it along with my Hiace KDH

Thats one neat van, I have come across a similar one

Vansmall03.jpg

The full thread on it:

http://oldschool.co.nz/2011/forum/index.php?/topic/36916-eoi-1985-toyota-super-custom-napier/

http://oldschool.co.nz/2011/forum/index.php?/topic/23449-seedy-als-1985-super-custom-again/

And another one...

1988YH51GTOYOTAHIACEWAGONSUPERCUSTOMLIMI

1988YH51GTOYOTAHIACEWAGONSUPERCUSTOMLIMI

http://80shero.blogspot.com/2014/02/third-gen-hiace.html

bdw one of my uncle had a Super Custom of the 50 series and another cousin had a Grand cabin KZH120, too bad i dont have pics of them :speechless-smiley-004:

Edited by Magnum

He took care of her well and sold it last year. If I come across it again i might consider having it along with my Hiace KDH

Thats one neat van, I have come across a similar one

Vansmall03.jpg

The full thread on it:

http://oldschool.co.nz/2011/forum/index.php?/topic/36916-eoi-1985-toyota-super-custom-napier/

http://oldschool.co.nz/2011/forum/index.php?/topic/23449-seedy-als-1985-super-custom-again/

bdw one of my uncle had a Super Custom of the 50 series and another cousin had a Grand cabin KZH120, too bad i dont have pics of them :speechless-smiley-004:

Whoa that is a nice van Magnum.. thanks for the link..

You know it drives me mad when i think about it, it is a van made in 1985.. Its even older than me..!! And look what its got : Electric reclining seats, power curtains, dual electric sunroofs, dual A/C with rear heater, digital guages, plush interior, rear spring suspension, turbo diesel engine..

I do not understand why toyota discontinued the super custom series..

Whoa that is a nice van Magnum.. thanks for the link..

You know it drives me mad when i think about it, it is a van made in 1985.. Its even older than me..!! And look what its got : Electric reclining seats, power curtains, dual electric sunroofs, dual A/C with rear heater, digital guages, plush interior, rear spring suspension, turbo diesel engine..

I do not understand why toyota discontinued the super custom series..

Yeah the YH Super Custom was epic! I love the way it looks specially in this two tone brown paint. A 1KZ engine swap like what this guy had done would be epic . To be honest I like the YH series Super Custom over the KZH series.

I think Toyota stopped the Super Custom series probably cuz Japanese people would have stopped buying them as these vans are expensive to run due to their sheer size and weight. Also hybrids are sort of the trend now

• Like 1

Yeah the YH Super Custom was epic! I love the way it looks specially in this two tone brown paint. A 1KZ engine swap like what this guy had done would be epic . To be honest I like the YH series Super Custom over the KZH series.

I think Toyota stopped the Super Custom series probably cuz Japanese people would have stopped buying them as these vans are expensive to run due to their sheer size and weight. Also hybrids are sort of the trend now

Hmm.. but anytime i'd choose the good old super custom over any new van.. :)

• Like 2

Me like it!

I like the customization but i expected better physics like in Underground and Underground 2 where going around a curve isn't so easy without knocking on the wall. This looks more arcade then GTA lol

OMG

I would love to see a review of this car done by Jeremy Clarkson.. he'll definitely make fun of the hand gesture option..

oh i miss him.. i miss top gear.. :sad-smiley-066::sad-smiley-066:

Holy s***! What the hell just happened there?

Someone pulls past a Supra on highway and hails them to race. As you saw, the Supra is having none of it :D Nothing much is known about the car but I saw this posted as a reply to a comment thread on this video :

"wow, i never saw this before. that's my brother's friend's supra. over 1000 whp. the guy who owns it is a DuPont. it can't be mashed from below 3rd gear without total wheel spin, unless it's running slicks."

Whatever it is, that Turbo spooling sounds heavenly!

• MADZ locked this topic