• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

On the topic of water..... :)

Check out these awesome R/C 4WD's. Pretty realistic bodies and some nice camera work.

LR 110

Toyota Hilux

You can check out a few more on the related column and also the vids by the same user.

superb! Any idea whats the scale like?

MINIACE

superb! Any idea whats the scale like?

MINIACE

Machang I think these are about 1:10 I think. I maybe wrong tho.

Koenigsegg decides to pull the plug on the purchase of SAAB from GM:

Nov. 24 (Bloomberg) -- General Motors Co. may shut its Saab unit after Koenigsegg Group AB canceled a planned acquisition of the Swedish company, a person familiar with the matter said.

GM’s board will review the future of the bankrupt unit at a Dec. 1 meeting, said the person, who asked not to be identified because the talks aren’t public. Directors could opt to keep Saab, as they did when deciding earlier this month to cancel a sale of the Opel brand in Germany, the person said.

“We will take the next several days to assess the situation and will advise on the next steps next week,” GM Chief Executive Officer Fritz Henderson said in a statement today. “We’re obviously very disappointed with the decision to pull out.”

The pullout by Koenigsegg, which said it ran out of time to complete a deal, is the third brand sale to falter since GM’s July 10 bankruptcy exit. GM backed out of the Opel sale to a group led by Magna International Inc., and Penske Automotive Group Inc. withdrew in September from a plan to buy Saturn.

GM has a contingency plan for Saab similar to a process being used to wind down Saturn, the person said. Saab owners would continue to be covered by GM warranties and be assigned to a new dealership for service, the person said.

Saab had said that the transaction with Koenigsegg, the maker of $1.2 million sports cars, would close at the end of this month. The deal was postponed after the European Investment Bank delayed a decision on granting Saab a 400 million-euro ($600 million) loan, which it approved Oct. 21.

‘Time Just Ran Out’

“We believed in the plan, we were convinced that it would work,” Koenigsegg Chairman Augie Fabela said in a telephone interview today. “We came to the decision after deliberations over the past few days that time just ran out for us to make the deal happen. It’s up to GM now.”

Saab received protection from creditors in February after GM said it was cutting ties with the unit. GM bought Saab from Sweden’s Wallenberg family in two steps starting in 1990, betting the brand would widen GM’s appeal with buyers seeking European turbocharged, aerodynamic cars.

Koenigsegg won the bidding for Saab in June in a deal that would return the Trollhaettan-based automaker to Swedish control after almost two decades.

Beijing Automotive Industry Holdings Co., China’s fastest- growing carmaker, agreed in September to take a minority stake in Koenigsegg Group, the investment team set up to buy Saab.

hi guys know this is off topic but just wanna let you all know we have a Sri Lankan cricket team in Toronto Canada any body who would like to play for our team off season practices has already started. We are not sponsoring any players from Sri Lanka but if you know any of your friends or relatives who already live in Toronto please pass the massage to them or tell them to check our web site at www.bravelions.ca ;)

Edited by dillongt

hi guys know this is off topic but just wanna let you all know we have a Sri Lankan cricket team in Toronto Canada any body who would like to play for our team off season practices has already started. We are not sponsoring any players from Sri Lanka but if you know any of your friends or relatives who already live in Toronto please pass the massage to them or tell them to check our web site at www.bravelions.ca ;)

adey! funky - you guys seem to be pretty seriously into this eh! good stuff :)

BMW gets bogged down by its Electric Mini:

"Dec. 2 (Bloomberg) -- When Bayerische Motoren Werke AG introduced the Mini Cooper E this year in California and the New York area, first-time users of the electric car deluged the company with complaints about its deficiencies.

Customers groused about uninformed dealers, connection problems, cold weather affecting recharging and a range limited to 100 miles. The back seat was taken up by the battery and recharging could take almost a day.

“We are getting a lot of feedback,” Richard Steinberg, manager of electric vehicle operations and strategy for Munich- based BMW, said yesterday at the Bloomberg LP Cars & Fuels conference in Los Angeles. “We’ve had a fair share of lessons learned.”

California’s anti-pollution regulations are among the strictest in the U.S. Some car bloggers and reviewers criticize BMW for selling an inadequate Mini E to meet state rules requiring automakers to sell a quota of electric or other alternative-fuel vehicles......"

Machang I think these are about 1:10 I think. I maybe wrong tho.

They're 1:10. Axial has recently jumped on the RTR scaler bandwagon with the SCX10 RTR, plus they have a second SCX10 based kit which was just released, and pictured below with its real life counterpart (you decide which is which ;) ). I've got my eye on it because it comes without any electronics and hence much less hassle on the customs front. I've already got their very first AX10 RTR crawler which they released early last year, but I'm yearning for a scale looking "jeep" now :D

b50ivk.jpg

12216b4.jpg

2zoj96w.jpg

So sorry to take the attention from the topic, but does anyone know about the accident this morning?? I saw a CK2 almost turned upside down, It was a pimped out lancer, it was a black one with vinyl's like a checkered flag (red), I was passing the area after work at around 5.15am and saw it but I was too hacked to go look into it. Just wanted to know if anyone knew the car I'm talking about.

Cheers

Malla

So sorry to take the attention from the topic, but does anyone know about the accident this morning?? I saw a CK2 almost turned upside down, It was a pimped out lancer, it was a black one with vinyl's like a checkered flag (red), I was passing the area after work at around 5.15am and saw it but I was too hacked to go look into it. Just wanted to know if anyone knew the car I'm talking about.

Cheers

Malla

yeah, was facing the opposite direction on baseline road right at the park road junction wasnt it? saw it myself, took a pic,

Should move this over to post-whoring thread....

yeah, was facing the opposite direction on baseline road right at the park road junction wasnt it? saw it myself, took a pic,

Should move this over to post-whoring thread....

Yup Saw that.... the right rear wheel was horizontal... :blink: Gonna be a while until we that car on the road again...

....was having trouble finding/accessing the Fastest Police Cars thread so putting this up here.... :mellow:

Police Lamborghini crashed

:o

Italian Police have crashed their Lamborghini Gallardo supercar

By Stephen Dobie 03rd December 2009

car_photo_346126_25.jpg

The Italian Police have crashed their Lamborghini Gallardo. We reported last year of how they’d acquired a brand spanking new LP560-4 supercar to go about their high-speed business, alongside an existing 5-litre Gallardo, but it now appears that speed got a little too high.

Newspaper reports have unearthed an official Police statement claiming the car had swerved to avoid another driver coming out of a petrol station. That does little to explain the addition of a Mercedes A-class to the Lambo’s usually svelte lines, though…

Both officers in the Gallardo suffered injuries, and are on the mend now. Whether the car is recovering too has been kept quiet – the damage certainly looks severe to us.

Source :http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/245818/police_lamborghini_crashed.html?CMP=NLC-Newsletters&uid=cd5f2613fd1ff1782be071e40617aa96

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

siigghhh.....

sylvi, not that we dont find your posts enterntaining, just that you seem to go OT on nearly every post you make...

very yanne-koheda?-malle-pol story.... or rather "speed-limit-eka-keeyada??-loriya-pitapasse-lee-cupboard-ekak" story...

Edited by Dilesh

• MADZ locked this topic