• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

More for weddings. The 50 for low light situs, and one Off Cam Flash for formals and stuff. And I shoot with a guy who has another 430, so then two slaves. Tho the two flashes will help light up cars, and the 50 will be great for detail shots.

No glamour yet. I use the 55-250 on the runway mostly, tho I got lucky at one show and borrows a 70-200 f2.8 IS. Awesome lens. Must get one when I can collect the dough.

Yeah, the 70-200 f2.8 IS is talked about a lot; but have you tried the 70-200 f4L IS? I hear its a lot lighter and in certain situations, sharper than the 2.8L despite being about Rs 80k cheaper. Is there anyone on the forum or anyone you shoot with who owns one?

ouch!!

i for a moment thought it spun its way ahead to take the flag! :o

Yeah the bugger tried hard, and I can't help feel bad for him as he had the faster car. Superb defensive diving by the chap in the Porsche to keep him at bay like that...

Ah good. Madmax arrives with my 50 1.4 and master flash on Monday. Should be able to have some fun :)

elakiri :alc:

clearly it hasn't worked! :P

:lol:

ya...I've been wondering about that myself...hmmm...now look who's coming outta the closet :P

Yeah, the 70-200 f2.8 IS is talked about a lot; but have you tried the 70-200 f4L IS? I hear its a lot lighter and in certain situations, sharper than the 2.8L despite being about Rs 80k cheaper. Is there anyone on the forum or anyone you shoot with who owns one?

Nope, I've tried the f4, f2.8 and f2.8 IS. (And hopefully, I'll try the f2.8 IS II very soon too) but never tried the f4 IS. Tho I've heard the 2.8 is the sharpest of the bunch usually. Dunno about this new 2.8 IS II, supposedly very sharp too.

The 2.8 is the more tempting one than the 4 IS. Mainly, that 2.8 will allow a more sensitive focusing element to come into play on the xxxD and 1000D. And the DoF is awesome. Better subject separation is quite desirable.

Got my 1.4. :D This is gonna take some practice, but I already love the output :D Thanks Max! :D Only now I wanna go home and play with my toys :(

Edited by Pericles

Got my 1.4. :D This is gonna take some practice, but I already love the output :D Thanks Max! :D Only now I wanna go home and play with my toys :(

lolz. Good for you!! I wonder whether Madmax looked at it before he bought his 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS? Madmax you around buddy? Care to comment?

Study gives beer healthy report

A study shows that people are unaware of the health benefits of beer

A study shows that people are unaware of the health benefits of beer

The healthy properties of beer when consumed in moderation are not well understood, according to a new report.

The drink is a rich source of vitamins, fibre, minerals and antioxidants and has a relatively low calorific value compared with many other alcoholic beverages, the study says.

The report, commissioned by The Beer Academy, which aims to help people enjoy beer sensibly, found that when drunk in moderation, beer is one of the healthiest alcoholic drinks available.

A spokeswoman said: "Beer contains vitamins which can help you to maintain a well-balanced healthy diet, fibre to keep you regular, readily absorbed antioxidants and minerals such as silicon which may help to lower your risk of osteoporosis."

A survey found that while 68% of people consider beer to be Britain's national drink, some 10% wrongly believe that beer contains fat, and 13% incorrectly believe that beer is made from chemicals rather than malted barley and hops.

The report also explores the psychological and sociability benefits of people enjoying a pint in their local pub - yet pubs are closing at a rate of 39 a week.

It argues that the pub is at the heart of every community and a place where people go to enjoy company and find out local news and information.

Pete Brown, an award-winning author, said: "Still, we persist in the myth that somehow beer is an inferior drink to foreign imports such as wine. From Government receptions through to weddings and business occasions, wine rather than beer is served.

"It has been fashionable to look down on our own national drink in favour of overseas imports. But to do that is to turn our backs on our great British success story and our own heritage, and miss out on the myriad tastes and complexities that beer can offer."

Drink Up boys!!!

Edited by VVTi

lolz. Good for you!! I wonder whether Madmax looked at it before he bought his 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS? Madmax you around buddy? Care to comment?

Max got his 100-400 a long time ago. His pics from last years Mahagasthota pics were taken with that. And he's had plenty of fun with my 50 while it was with him before coming back home :)

Or are you talking of the compared to the 70-200? No contest there, range is double, even if it is slower.

Duuuude... Several slang words come to mind which is not suitable for public forums.... Awesomeness...

:lol: yup.......awesomeness indeed

Max got his 100-400 a long time ago. His pics from last years Mahagasthota pics were taken with that. And he's had plenty of fun with my 50 while it was with him before coming back home :)

Or are you talking of the compared to the 70-200? No contest there, range is double, even if it is slower.

Yeap, was wondering whether he got the chance to try out a 70-200mm 4L IS before he bought his current lens...

Yeap, was wondering whether he got the chance to try out a 70-200mm 4L IS before he bought his current lens...

Like I said, no contest. Twice the zoom, even if you loose a stop. And in sunny SL on a 400mm lens, its generally not an issue. That sorta telephoto is pretty much only for outdoor use. Unless you are a dedicated wildlife photog shooting at dusk and dawn, its [email protected] is good enough for general wildlife on safari, racing, etc.

Not sure whether its legitimate or not as I didn't see 'the cop' but the guy certainly craves through traffic like he did :D

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Not sure whether its legitimate or not as I didn't see 'the cop' but the guy certainly craves through traffic like he did :D

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

cop car was there...

when you hear that continuous beep...look to the left of the road...

there's a smaller road leading into the highway and a white cop car is parked in that to ambush speedsters :)

and yeah...gotta love the engine tone of that GT as she opens up!!!

Nice clip. Fortunately for them, they are not in Los Angeles. You have on average of about 4 mins in LA before the police heli start hovering over you.

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing Train Set

Sorry cant post images--

Two German Brothers have put this TRAIN SET together.

DON'T FORGET to click on the link at the end and view this in motion.

This is the world's biggest train set.

Covers 1,150 square meters / 12,380 square feet…

Features almost six miles of track and is still not complete…

Twin brothers Frederick and Gerrit Braun, 41, began work on the 'Miniature Wunderland' in 2000.

The set covers six regions including America , Switzerland , Scandinavia , Germany , and the Austrian Alps.

The American section features giant models of the Rocky Mountains, Everglades , Grand-Canyon etc…

...and Mount Rushmore.

The Swiss section has a mini-Matterhorn.

The Scandinavian part has a 4ft long passenger ship floating in a 'fjord' .

It is expected to be finished in 2014, when the train set would cover more than 1,800 square meters / (19,376 sq ft) and feature almost 13 miles of track, by which time detailed models of parts of France, Italy and the UK would have been added…

It comprises 700 trains with more than 10,000 carriages and wagons.

The longest train is 46ft long.

The scenery includes 900 signals, 2,800 buildings, 4,000 cars - many with illuminated headlights.. .

...and 160,000 individually designed figures.

Thousands of kilograms of steel and wood was used to construct the scenery...

The 250,000 lights are rigged up to a system that mimics night and day by automatically turning them on and off.

The whole system is controlled from a massive high-tech nerve centre.

In total the set has taken 500,000 hours and more than 8 million euro to put together,

the vast majority of which has come from ticket sales.

Gerrit said: "Our idea was to build a world that men, women, and children can be equally astonished and amazed in."

Frederik added: "Whether gambling in Las Vegas, hiking in the Alps or paddling in Norwegian fjords - in Wunderland everything is possible."This 4-minute video is worth watching for this amazing stuff.

--

Edited by mirage7777

• MADZ locked this topic