• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

Found the article regarding the recall

This recall in 2013 is a good match for that fire.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2013/06/28/honda-fit-fire-risk-recall-power-window/2474023/

Honda is recalling nearly 700,000 Fit subcompact hatchbacks from the 2007 and 2008 model years -- including 143,083 in the U.S. -- because the master switch in the driver's door because rain, snow or other moisture can get in the door and damage the switch, causing it to overheat and smolder, smell and potentially start a fire.

Honda advises owners to park their Fits outdoors until the switch is inspected for damage.

Edited by hrm

but this recall is for 2008 models innit? the one that caught fire seems to be newer....

Yeah. May be in JDM ones carried this issue for later models. Not sure though. This drive side switch over heat is some what common. I once had similar issue in my old Lancer. Motor got stuck and over heated so bad that it could not even be touched by the time I took it to the garage.

Edited by hrm

• MADZ locked this topic