• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

End Of The Road For Land Rover Defender (Dec.2015)

EAP

Hi Everyone.

Hope you guys are well and sound. Just found out that JLR (Jaguar Land Rover) has announced, that it will stop production of its DEFENDER Model in 2015.

The firm has said the decision to cease production was " mainly Legislation based" Beacuse it wil not meet new europen Laws on fuel emissions.

Please let me know your thoughts and comments.

post-46842-0-29081900-1382708772_thumb.p

I'm curious as to how our thoughts and inputs would help

Well taking an exclusively capitalistic stance: One could always root around the car forums to figure out whether it'd be a classic / car model that's in demand and then go snag one for potential resale at some later date once it appreciates / becomes scarce in the market, thus mitigating some of the depreciation generally encountered when selling a used car.

Taking the above into consideration:

Would I buy the current Defender just because I think it would appreciate in price: No.

Would I buy a Defender if I was already in the market for one, and was teetering back and forth between spending all that money on a depreciating asset and leaving it my bank account: Yes, as if I wait around any longer I'm probably going to pay more and also because I might be able to mitigate some of that anticipated depreciation as the supply drops in the future.

So EAP what's the plan? You gonna buy a couple of units and ship them down to SL for resale?

Edited by Kavvz

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...