• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer Or Axio? Update: Bought A Lancer! (Aka The B.r.a.t.t. Thread)

Bracket

Question

Hello Experts,

Excited to join Autolanka forums :D Waited almost for month for an admin to approve me ... anyway, whoever the admin that approved me, :smilie_liebe12:

Last December, I sold my good old Maruti WagonR ( 2008 model, 5yrs old, driven for 30000+ Kms) For 1.6mil. I was searching for a good car to buy ever since. ( that's how I ended up on autolanka) So now that I finally got approved I thought it's time to get expert ideas on buying my new vehicle.

My budget is 3.5mil - 4.0mil. I wanted to buy a japanese car and browsing the internet, Finally I decided that there are two contenders:

1. Toyota axio 161 1.3 X Grade (2013)

2. Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1.6 GLX (2013)

Both the cars ( Brand New ) are being sold for 3.5 mil. for the permit. ( Lancer : 3,460,000 to be exact)

My priorities are:

-RELIABILITY
-Fuel Economy

-Spare Parts Availability

-Safety And comfort

-Handling

-Looks

- Resale value

Axio Dealers are mainly bragging of TOYOTA Reliability and Spare parts availability. They assured me I'm in deep trouble if I choose a mitsubishi because there are no spare parts in local market and I would have to buy spare parts only from agent paying a huge amount of money and I have to wait till eternity for mitsubishi agents to import parts from japan. And they also mentioned that unlike axio, I won't be able to sell the mitsubishi for a decent price. (if I wanted to, of course)

I called mitsu agents and they say they have spare parts for any vehicle they sell and I don't have to worry. However the sales guy said he have no idea on 3rd party parts availability.

So as you all can see i'm in a dilemma here. If you were in my position which car would you buy? And please be kind enough to mention why.. :)

This is my first post on autolanka, so please go easy on me if I have offended any rule.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Bracket

Entire fq-400 conversion :sad-smiley-058:

51059c35afa96f60cd000011.png?w=252

Thanks machan. Currently no plans to fit a Navi setup, I'm kinda hesitating to replace the OEM setup... :speechless-smiley-004:

Yup, a genuine setup will cost me an arm and a leg anyway...

What about the regulations machan? It is prohibited to tint front windows ne?

I have very light tint on the front, no issues

Thanks machan. Currently no plans to fit a Navi setup, I'm kinda hesitating to replace the OEM setup... :speechless-smiley-004:

I have very light tint on the front, no issues

Regardless of Magnum not having issues Bracket, the law states that no tint is permissible on the windscreen and front windows.

@Magnum, all it takes is one cop who decides to stick to the letter of the law, then you will have "Issues".

Tints that are too dark are retarded to begin with. And Supra is right, it's a risk not worth taking.

I've mentioned this a few (too many) times before but Bracket, a good window film is a really good investment. Pick a completely transparent 'tint' for the windshield and front shutters and a slightly dark one for the rear. That way you're not breaking any laws and you still get the UV protection and heat resistance.

Regardless of Magnum not having issues Bracket, the law states that no tint is permissible on the windscreen and front windows.

@Magnum, all it takes is one cop who decides to stick to the letter of the law, then you will have "Issues".

If i remember right that law was taken off, plus i see plenty of cars/SUVs with front glasses tinted

If i remember right that law was taken off, plus i see plenty of cars/SUVs with front glasses tinted

NO the law was not taken off. YES there are plenty of cars, & SUVs are running with the tint, but that doesn't mean that you should do it as well. I'm also running with light tint on front windows and dark on back. I do it not because other cars and SUVs does it but cuz exposure to bright light for long causes me migraines.

I'm yet to get copped for this but its just a matter of one random cop decided to stick to the law as supra said to make your day a nightmare. I'm well aware of this as well. That's why I did not suggest it to Braket.

NO the law was not taken off. YES there are plenty of cars, & SUVs are running with the tint, but that doesn't mean that you should do it as well. I'm also running with light tint on front windows and dark on back. I do it not because other cars and SUVs does it but cuz exposure to bright light for long causes me migraines.

I'm yet to get copped for this but its just a matter of one random cop decided to stick to the law as supra said to make your day a nightmare. I'm well aware of this as well. That's why I did not suggest it to Braket.

Neither do I do it cuz others do it, I usually travel long distance and its very tiring when the sun is blasting you in the face contiguously for hours. Plus Its helpful at night to block of the light from those jackasses who follow others closely with high beams on.

I dont know if its just me, I find the A/C to be working better after i got tints than when i didnt have tints at alll

• Like 1

It is ok to use a light tint for the front windows. The law is that people outside the vehicle should be able to see the people in the front clearly. Still you can have the dark tint if you have a doctor pass or a V*P pass so the cops won't pay attention. :speechless-smiley-004: But according to the law you can have dark tint for 1/5th of your windscreen (which is really helpful driving during mornings & evenings and sometimes dealing with the morons with high beams) and also dark tint for rear windows and back glass. Really helpful with A/C and fuel consumption.

Cool Car Bracket, I love the exterior color and the interior. Keep it in good nick. How is the fuel economy? Being a new engine I guess you dont rev it and over speed unnecessarily.

Thanks mate. Fuel economy is not great at seems, It shows average fuel economy is 8.3km/l :o hope it will improve after the first service. I'm yet to do a calculation of my own.

The owner's manual says:

During the running-in period for first 1000 km, it is advisable to drive your new vehicle using the following precautions as a guideline to aid long life as well as future economy and performance.

1. Do not race the engine at high speeds

2.Avoid rapid starting, accelerating, braking and prolonged high-speed running.

3. Keep to the running-in speed limit shown below.

A/T

L (LOW) 25 km/h

2 (second) 70 km/h

3 (Third) 105 km/h

D (Drive) 120 km/h

4. Do not exceed loading limits.

5. Refrain from towing a trailer.

Just added catalog link to the interesting thread.

http://www.new-lancer.com/gene/en/pdf/index.html

PS.: Is there any link to download JDM catalogs of below versions.

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/galant_fortis/index.html

Thanks bro

Awesome car bracket! Really happy for you. Get the grips with her first, mods can wait :)

I guess you are looking for this. It's a bitch to find online and cost an arm and a leg at the agents :(

1.5%20Engine%20Cover.jpg

Thanks bro. Did you buy one of those? If so how much was it?

Sorry this is late, congratulations bracket! So glad you've finally got hold of it!.

Happy Driving, have fun and be safe!

Also, you totally need to recreate that photo in your signature using your actual car. Im sure you can find an identical looking bend in your area!

Thanks mate! And that's a tempting idea :sport-smiley-004:

:grinning-smiley-003:

Saw on some Chinese accessory site, they will shipped it through EMS to SL. will PM if come across that site again.

Thanks mate. :grinning-smiley-004:

I think the bends in the Nuwara Eliya Kandy road would do.

It's time to take your baby to NE bracket.

Matale-Kandy road has a really beautiful curve

I'm not sure I can take such a photograph with my average photography skills. :sad-smiley-066: Should try though. :pardon:

I'm not sure I can take such a photograph with my average photography skills. :sad-smiley-066: Should try though. :pardon:

Uhh...if you are trying to recreate that image....I don't think you should try it even if you had extremely high level of photography skills...although it would be pretty hilarious to watch you drive and jump out of the car at the bend to take a picture :) (that is something Magnum and Schiffer should def. shoot )

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

Uhh...if you are trying to recreate that image....I don't think you should try it even if you had extremely high level of skills...although it owuld be pretty hillarious to watch you drive and jump out of the car at the bend to take a picture :)

7189162715_e936177f5c_n.jpg

Thanks iRage.

Bracket Aiye menna badu.

http://mitsubishi-motors.page-view.jp/galant_fortis_accessory/pageview/data/target.pdf

iRage, by the way what are those tire coveres shown in Page 15, Photo 12. Guess something related with snow. For which purpose?

Thanks iRage.

Bracket Aiye menna badu.

http://mitsubishi-motors.page-view.jp/galant_fortis_accessory/pageview/data/target.pdf

iRage, by the way what are those tire coveres shown in Page 15, Photo 12. Guess something related with snow. For which purpose?

It literally says "anti-slip tire cover" ...instead of using chains you can use this during winter to prevent slippage.

• Like 1

Normal MO of SL police dude.Law comes, Cops make a fuss, everyone tries to follow it, Some connected bugger brings down a stock of things, cops forget about it till the stock is gone. Then the Cops wake up and put a fuss again. Leaving everyone who installed stock and other people who bought stock to cash in on the demand and sell with their pants down.

Rinse, repeat, Ad infinitum.