• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Impulsive Behaviour While Cold Sober

GTAm

Bought an RX7 Series 2 SA22C (FB to many) on Wednesday after seeing it last Saturday. Wasn't cocked too when making the decision. :lol: .

Had the RX itch for a long long time and finally got one. I'm unable to post pics from my office PC for some reason so will post when I get home.

Not easy to describe the condition but here goes.

First up no rotary engine - Naturally :) - Need to find one here (probably unlikely - but if anyone knows pls do tell), or import one. It's running on a very coarse sounding Mazda 4 pot. Almost the exact opposite of a buzzing smooth rotary. 12As are supposedly hard to find so might have to settle for a 13B.

The roof (which has a sunroof) is totally botched by some blind dick. Will try to find a roof panel with or without a sunroof or get it done without the sunroof locally by a good tinker.

A few other places with some rust but not too scary (by my standards at least ;) ). The paint job is scary though.

Front bumper has seen to many punches and looks bad.

Interior is largely in tact with some broken switches. Seats don't seem original but don't look really out of place (for now).

Electrics need attention but the lamps pop up and light up! :D

Steering has been messed around with but according to a UK RX FB forum is an easy fix. Front suspension was done according to previous owner and actually feels ok compared to the bouncy and noisy rear.

All glasses in tact and original though a few bits of bright work and a hinge for the rear hatch is missing.

Original up-swept spoiler has been replaced with a modern aluminum wing. :rolleyes: .

Tail lamps are strange. To my eyes they resemble series 1 ones but the rear end is series 2. Need to figure that out.

• Like 4

"Electrics need attention but the lamps pop up and light up!"

That my friend, is the only justification you need. :D There seems to be Japanese classic renaissance on AL now. You, Supra, Komi.... Who will be next? :o

Gotta love those pop-up lamps! Congratulations on your acquisition!

My pop up lamps and I fully agree! :D

j6ee.jpg

Congrts GTAm!!!!...If it's 12-87xx its my dads old car,red when we had it....bring it and come on sunday pls.

Thanks MasterDon it's 12 sri 7198. The car was at Kiribathgoda and the guy's younger bro knew of your dad and his collection. Shame it never struck me to call you when I went to see it last Saturday and went to collect it on Wed. Damn it never crossed my mind. You maybe knowing them. They said they had two Capris too.

It's not really Sunday Run materiel as yet. Quite a bit of work required before I will present it publicly.

Thanks MasterDon it's 12 sri 7198. The car was at Kiribathgoda and the guy's younger bro knew of your dad and his collection. Shame it never struck me to call you when I went to see it last Saturday and went to collect it on Wed. Damn it never crossed my mind. You maybe knowing them. They said they had two Capris too.

It's not really Sunday Run materiel as yet. Quite a bit of work required before I will present it publicly.

Wow! Thats a Beauty, Congrats on the Purchase GTam

WoW! Congratulations GTAm! That's indeed is stunning! Needs a bit of TLC and it should be more than just Sunday run material.

Thanks. But the photos don't convey the true plight of it. It's more a case "durata Elvis, langata Alwis" :lol:

• Like 2

Congrats GTAm !!!

In our childhood, all cars with pop-up lights were identified as "Knight Rider Cars". :D

I daily see a Honda Quint Integra (first generation) at Ruhunu Foods, Fort, with pop-up lights, but sadly it is with a modified front bumper. Otherwise car is still in good shape.

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera
  • Like 1

Congrats GTAm !!!

In our childhood, all cars with pop-up lights were identified as "Knight Rider Cars". :D

I daily see a Honda Quint Integra (first generation) at Ruhunu Foods, Fort, with pop-up lights, but sadly it is with a modified front bumper. Otherwise car is still in good shape.

I remember being very enthusiastic about that generation Honda Integra. It's still a nice car and I've seen two door examples in other countries too. Then there's the Mazda Astina! I honestly thought that was what KITT was based on, back when I was a wee lad! (nevermind the four doors and the Mazda badge!)

Yes I know the people and the car.The guy offered it us a few times but we chickened out.I'm ashamed to say Honda reliability has made me a coward..haha...I was hoping it'd go to someone who appreciates it and who'll bring it back to rotary power.My prayers have been answered.Its in the best of hands now.That is one lucky car.

Correct, they have a electric blue Capri in good condition which is also for sale but the asking price is too high so nobody has bothered to grab it..

Have you told Prad?...the guys been looking for a RX7 FB for ages...

• Like 2

Yes I know the people and the car.The guy offered it us a few times but we chickened out.I'm ashamed to say Honda reliability has made me a coward..haha...I was hoping it'd go to someone who appreciates it and who'll bring it back to rotary power.My prayers have been answered.Its in the best of hands now.That is one lucky car.

Correct, they have a electric blue Capri in good condition which is also for sale but the asking price is too high so nobody has bothered to grab it..

Have you told Prad?...the guys been looking for a RX7 FB for ages...

Good to know that you know them. They seemed like nice people.

Yes I told Prad and I'm sure I stunned the guy :D He had already checked this one out. I think he's very happy with his BMW E30 these days.

Edited by GTAm
  • Like 1