• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying Mazda Axela 2014/2015

Quiet

Question

Hi,

I am thinking of buying a Axela 2014/15. When a friend of mine contacted the service engineer at Carmart he told me not to buy because there are no reputed people to service/do repairs to the vehicle. He said local agents for Mazda do not attend to Axela servicing/repairs.

Any advice

13 answers to this question

Hi,

I am thinking of buying a Axela 2014/15. When a friend of mine contacted the service engineer at Carmart he told me not to buy because there are no reputed people to service/do repairs to the vehicle. He said local agents for Mazda do not attend to Axela servicing/repairs.

Any advice

As I know Car## rt and Col##ials only import Mazda 3 (not the JDM version -axela)

So it is possible that they told you not to buy the Axela but 3 :D

Are you kidding me? :D Axela is the JDM version of the Mazda 3 and should be pretty similar.

There are enough and more places to get the Axela serviced and repaired. C@r M@rt has lost their game after C0l0nial stepped in. They seem to offer better service than C@r M@rt.

There are many other places like Mazna @ Pepiliyana that does Mazda specific repairs - Axela included.

Not sure whom your friend contacted, but the "service engineer" doesn't seem to know about their own brand.

Search the forum for more info. The Axela has been discussed many times.

Are you kidding me? :D Axela is the JDM version of the Mazda 3 and should be pretty similar.

There are enough and more places to get the Axela serviced and repaired. C@r M@rt has lost their game after C0l0nial stepped in. They seem to offer better service than C@r M@rt.

There are many other places like Mazna @ Pepiliyana that does Mazda specific repairs - Axela included.

Not sure whom your friend contacted, but the "service engineer" doesn't seem to know about their own brand.

True Davy. Now the Car## rt guys seem to be more focused on Peugeot.

I also recommend Maz#a @ Pepiliyana Junction. I live close by to this place and everyday when I am going by this place I see a lot of axelas and 3s brought for repairs.

There are enough personal importers who import axela hybrids with Skyactiv technology. They were going around 5.5-6M but hard to say about the current market price.

Hi,

Any advice

Absolute BS ......

Colonial can do all related repairs and they are the agents too NOW.

Besides there are several other places who can do it.

PM me if you want some contacts both with the agent or outside

He said the issue was due to Axela being hybrid.

As I know axela shares the same hybrid system from Toyota. If that is so anyone who do repairs for priuses and Axios would be able to do them for axelas. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If you are so worried about buying a hybrid, go for Mazda 3. It is the same as axela but with a 1.6L petrol engine. Unfortunately in Sri Lanka you don't get it with Skyactiv. Maybe you can import one with this technology. I guess iRage can shed some light into this matter.

Actually..the service engineer might have something there...

I don't think the engineer was saying that the Axela is not the 3.

The SkyActive engine is a 2.0L that you get in other models..true enough....but that too has been de-tuned (or whatever). I believe what the guy intended to convey was that they do not attend to any repairs or agent backed servicing of the Hybrid system (and whatever tuning that has been done to complementing components for the Hybrid system). Although the "platform" is the same and some components can be shared; the drive and running gear components might be different between the 1.6L (non-SkyActive) ICE and the 2.0L (SkyActiv) Hybrid. There was a Mazda agent who sold a few Axelas but those I believe were grey imports and them trying to just try to get in to the used imports gave and not a Mazda backed moved.

Lets face it...are there any reputed and professional third parties who actually and properly fix Hybrids in SL ?

Although Mazda shares the same Hybrid components of the 3rd gen Prius neither manufacturer claims nor recommends it to be swappable or swapped or provides the parts for the other brand (when the Axela Hybrid was launched in Japan took a test drive of it and inquired of possibilities of having Toyota do repairs on any Hybrid system issues...he didn't know if it could be done, so the guy got back after a day or two and said neither Mazda nor Toyota would allow that.

Edited by iRage

Actually..the service engineer might have something there...

I don't think the engineer was saying that the Axela is not the 3.

The SkyActive engine is a 2.0L that you get in other models..true enough....but that too has been de-tuned (or whatever). I believe what the guy intended to convey was that they do not attend to any repairs or agent backed servicing of the Hybrid system (and whatever tuning that has been done to complementing components for the Hybrid system). Although the "platform" is the same and some components can be shared; the drive and running gear components might be different between the 1.6L (non-SkyActive) ICE and the 2.0L (SkyActiv) Hybrid. There was a Mazda agent who sold a few Axelas but those I believe were grey imports and them trying to just try to get in to the used imports gave and not a Mazda backed moved.

Lets face it...are there any reputed and professional third parties who actually and properly fix Hybrids in SL ?

Although Mazda shares the same Hybrid components of the 3rd gen Prius neither manufacturer claims nor recommends it to be swappable or swapped or provides the parts for the other brand (when the Axela Hybrid was launched in Japan took a test drive of it and inquired of possibilities of having Toyota do repairs on any Hybrid system issues...he didn't know if it could be done, so the guy got back after a day or two and said neither Mazda nor Toyota would allow that.

Fair enough. I wasn't aware about the hybrid difference.<br />

OP should try C0l0nial as well. From what my father is saying, he is really satisfied with how they work on the Demio. And that's not even a car that's brought down by any Mazda agent I think (the Mazda 2 DE). But they do have spares, undertake servicing and repairs.

Edited by Davy
  • Like 1

Fair enough. I wasn't aware about the hybrid difference.<br />

OP should try C0l0nial as well. From what my father is saying, he is really satisfied with how they work on the Demio. And that's not even a car that's brought down by any Mazda agent I think (the Mazda 2 DE). But they do have spares, undertake servicing and repairs.

I second what Davy mentioned. Highly recommend to contact C0l0nial. About 4-5 months ago, they gave me a walk through of the Mazda 3 they have and told me that they can bring down an Axela Hybrid if I want. So, I strongly believe that they undertake all repairs of the Axela.

I second what Davy mentioned. Highly recommend to contact C0l0nial. About 4-5 months ago, they gave me a walk through of the Mazda 3 they have and told me that they can bring down an Axela Hybrid if I want. So, I strongly believe that they undertake all repairs of the Axela.

This is good news. Anyone would be glad to import an axela hybrid through colonials than a personal importer.

They had brought some in the past....but at that point in time they were just grey imports (not official Mazda Japan sending it over.). Has that changed now ? Are they bringing down Mazda certified used cars ? Has Mazda japan decided to officially send the Axela down through the dealership ?

Granted..yes...the actual agent might be a bit more trustworthy than the usual car dealer on the street in SL.

• Like 1

They had brought some in the past....but at that point in time they were just grey imports (not official Mazda Japan sending it over.). Has that changed now ? Are they bringing down Mazda certified used cars ? Has Mazda japan decided to officially send the Axela down through the dealership ?

Granted..yes...the actual agent might be a bit more trustworthy than the usual car dealer on the street in SL.

This is good news. Anyone would be glad to import an axela hybrid through colonials than a personal importer.

I actually don't know if they were grey importers or not. I didn't go into the details since I was not in a position to afford one. :speechless-smiley-004:. But as Davy very correctly pointed out, I and his father own JDM cars and they do all kind of repairs with those. And I did see an Axela once when I went their for the service. So, OP will have his best shot with C0l0nial I guess.

Edited by SamG