• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

which battery i should use

Question

On 9/19/2019 at 7:54 PM, Hyaenidae said:

Yep! Amaron 55D23L, made in 2019/06. So far no problems - touch wood :D 

I got mine changed to same model for 16k- knock on wood :D

1 hour ago, Hyaenidae said:

had to pay 16k + My old battery ? How old is it?

Same here. 16k+ the old battery. Made in Aug/2019

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Nice ? here's hoping we'd be able to get atleast 5 years out of them ?

Did you install it yourself

I let the battery shop guys do their job. FYI my previous Yuasa battery (Japan made) has lasted almost 6 years without any trouble. So yeah let’s expect at least 5 years of use.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

I let the battery shop guys do their job. FYI my previous Yuasa battery (Japan made) has lasted almost 6 years without any trouble. So yeah let’s expect at least 5 years of use.

Don't forget to post an update on your thread, with a pic if possible

• Like 1

Had to replace my battery since it had starting difficulties. Remembered this thread when saw the battery is a 55D23L lol. 

Had an exide ultra MFS65L (65ah) battery (local) in it. Took the car to the exide service center at thimbirigasyaya. They said the current battery is too big and the correct one to put is their 75D23L Exide - 60ah (Indian) battery. Only then I noticed that the battery was actually leaning on the car chassis - fortunately no damages. Also, he said that the local one doesn't withstand temperature as much as the Indian ones, hence it is more suitable for mitsus and mazda's. Don't know about the accuracy of the stuff told. 

Anyway, the recommended one was 3,000/= more. Googled a bit and thought about it. Finally went with the Indian one. Hoping for a long and good battery use 😄

P.s. didn't want to go for the amaron one based on crosswinds experience and the efficient batmobile service.