Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

  • 0

Nissan Juke 2020


Bandula Rajapaksha
 Share

Question

Hello everyone,

I planning on buying a new Nissan Juke 2020 from A*W motors anyway the tekna edition is not available to us, this edition does not have the Bose sound system and have adifferent wheel set different from the tekna edition. I want to know if there is anything I need to consider before buying this vehicle.

Thank you.

Screenshot_2020-05-01-12-34-12-906_com.whatsapp.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 0

The problem is these vehicles were meant to be here by end April, sadly due to the current problems they wont be coming for 3 months and definitely not at the promised price due to the usd rate.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Well..the engine and gearbox and stuff are found in other Nissan and Renault vehicles and there are no horrid stories about them. So far...reviews seem to be positive about the Juke. The new Juke is too new for anyone to have any long term assessment of the vehicle.

But @tivis right...none of the car dealers will be able to stick to pre-announced prices or deadlines. (Even the common cars which the grey importers horded up in their stock yards will also be magically..."just arrived" in to the country and sold at the higher prices).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
9 hours ago, iRage said:

Well..the engine and gearbox and stuff are found in other Nissan and Renault vehicles and there are no horrid stories about them. So far...reviews seem to be positive about the Juke. The new Juke is too new for anyone to have any long term assessment of the vehicle.

But @tivis right...none of the car dealers will be able to stick to pre-announced prices or deadlines. (Even the common cars which the grey importers horded up in their stock yards will also be magically..."just arrived" in to the country and sold at the higher prices).

Thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 5/1/2020 at 12:35 PM, ######## Rajapaksha said:

I planning on buying a new Nissan Juke 2020 from A*W

Congratulations...?. Anyway think twice and buy this model. Because usually in Ceylon, there is a better market for Toyota and Mitsubishi vehicles than Nissan....?.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
4 hours ago, tilvin said:

Congratulations...?. Anyway think twice and buy this model. Because usually in Ceylon, there is a better market for Toyota and Mitsubishi vehicles than Nissan....?.

A brand new Toyota SUV costs a lot. I am looking for a vehicle for long term use and for the family so do you think going for a Nissan is good or bad of we are not considering the market.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
6 hours ago, tilvin said:

Congratulations...?. Anyway think twice and buy this model. Because usually in Ceylon, there is a better market for Toyota and Mitsubishi vehicles than Nissan....?.

That would apply to one who is concerned on shedding it fast, 

In reality its just Toyota; where we have been destined to end up with slow cheaply made crap for the masses! thanks to taxes unless you are in the budget territory above the CHR.

Mitsubishi is also a perishing market here

1 hour ago, ######## Rajapaksha said:

A brand new Toyota SUV costs a lot. I am looking for a vehicle for long term use and for the family so do you think going for a Nissan is good or bad of we are not considering the market.

 

Nissan has not had a glorious market since the early days, as for the Juke

Its not a boring SUV,   but depending of the size of your family please take a look at the innards of the car, its not that large inside. 

I guess you must have booked the Vehicle around February, going rate you ll end up paying near a CHR cost due to the tax increases. I know a few people who did and said it will cross 7 mil to get on the road.

 

Another thing, Nissan has a bad rep due to the gearbox on the defamed X-trail 2015 which came here in heaps, which I believe they fixed later 

This thing is also Dual clutch, so just take cars, and the agent  has not been very helpful in solving major issues in their own imports, search this forum and u ll see a bit.

Edited by tiv
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
16 hours ago, tiv said:

That would apply to one who is concerned on shedding it fast, 

In reality its just Toyota; where we have been destined to end up with slow cheaply made crap for the masses! thanks to taxes unless you are in the budget territory above the CHR.

Mitsubishi is also a perishing market here

Nissan has not had a glorious market since the early days, as for the Juke

Its not a boring SUV,   but depending of the size of your family please take a look at the innards of the car, its not that large inside. 

I guess you must have booked the Vehicle around February, going rate you ll end up paying near a CHR cost due to the tax increases. I know a few people who did and said it will cross 7 mil to get on the road.

 

Another thing, Nissan has a bad rep due to the gearbox on the defamed X-trail 2015 which came here in heaps, which I believe they fixed later 

This thing is also Dual clutch, so just take cars, and the agent  has not been very helpful in solving major issues in their own imports, search this forum and u ll see a bit.

Thank you guys, this was really helpful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 5/1/2020 at 1:46 AM, tiv said:

The problem is these vehicles were meant to be here by end April, sadly due to the current problems they wont be coming for 3 months and definitely not at the promised price due to the usd rate.

I thought we had a few in the country already?Seen some ads on the quick site since February.

They are quite pricey though, a 1 liter on a 8mil crossover is painful. It has a bunch of features though.

I know a few CRV's that changed hands for around 8mil(usually close to 10). 

Car market is kinda slow right now. Bargain hardd!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 5/1/2020 at 3:05 AM, ######## Rajapaksha said:

Hello everyone,

I planning on buying a new Nissan Juke 2020 from A*W motors anyway the tekna edition is not available to us, this edition does not have the Bose sound system and have adifferent wheel set different from the tekna edition. I want to know if there is anything I need to consider before buying this vehicle.

Thank you.

Screenshot_2020-05-01-12-34-12-906_com.whatsapp.jpg

Wow. That's a good looking car, much better looking than the previous bug eyed version. I am still to see this on the street, and I'm excited to see whether it looks this good in person. Priced pretty high though, and based on the current situation I guess prices will go up further :(

I see they have chucked out the old CVT transmission (thank goodness! ) and replaced it with a 7-Speed Dual-Clutch Transmission. Has anyone driven anything with this tranmission in it? What's it like? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 5/2/2020 at 11:44 AM, tiv said:

That would apply to one who is concerned on shedding it fast, 

........

 

Another thing, Nissan has a bad rep due to the gearbox on the defamed X-trail 2015 which came here in heaps, which I believe they fixed later 

This thing is also Dual clutch, so just take cars, and the agent  has not been very helpful in solving major issues in their own imports, search this forum and u ll see a bit.

Its not the same gearbox: The 2015 Nissan X-trail came with a CVT (which is a bit unreliable, I agree) but this new Juke has a different 7-speed dual clutch gearbox so one can't really compare the two powertrains, its not a fair comparison...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
33 minutes ago, Kavvz said:

Its not the same gearbox: The 2015 Nissan X-trail came with a CVT (which is a bit unreliable, I agree) but this new Juke has a different 7-speed dual clutch gearbox so one can't really compare the two powertrains, its not a fair comparison...

Yes obviously it's not the same, no one said that, it was just a heads up.

Nissan has had a whole array of gearbox issues, and we've had an array of dual clutch issues in SL, so something to consider before diving into a vehicle right in from the first batch,

And lastly we all know how helpful the agent was when the issues kicked in, even for the cars they themselves dispersed. Finally some owners had to make do with Bush mechanics and makeshift garages doing home remedies and owners lost like 5 mil in depreciation in months 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
15 hours ago, tiv said:

Yes obviously it's not the same, no one said that, it was just a heads up.

I see, my apologies then. (From your post I thought you meant that the 2015 X-trail had a dual-clutch transmission like the 2020 Nissan Juke and that you were making a comparison on the potential reliability of the 2020 Juke based on the gearbox reliability issues the 2015 X-trail had...)

15 hours ago, tiv said:

Nissan has had a whole array of gearbox issues, ...

I don't have any experience with the new 7 speed dual clutch in the 2020 Juke, but I have had a number of Nissans with CVT transmissions (just sold the last one a few months ago!) and I would have to agree: Buying a second-hand Nissan with a CVT in it is a decision that needs to be carefully researched.

Edited by Kavvz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 5/2/2020 at 9:14 PM, tiv said:

That would apply to one who is concerned on shedding it fast, 

In reality its just Toyota; where we have been destined to end up with slow cheaply made crap for the masses! thanks to taxes unless you are in the budget territory above the CHR.

Mitsubishi is also a perishing market here

Nissan has not had a glorious market since the early days, as for the Juke

Its not a boring SUV,   but depending of the size of your family please take a look at the innards of the car, its not that large inside. 

I guess you must have booked the Vehicle around February, going rate you ll end up paying near a CHR cost due to the tax increases. I know a few people who did and said it will cross 7 mil to get on the road.

 

Another thing, Nissan has a bad rep due to the gearbox on the defamed X-trail 2015 which came here in heaps, which I believe they fixed later 

This thing is also Dual clutch, so just take cars, and the agent  has not been very helpful in solving major issues in their own imports, search this forum and u ll see a bit.

@tiv don't forget, the current Nissan is more of Renaut influenced variant and not the good old Japanese company many of us liked.

 

That said A*W is a decent agent if you are buying a car from them with a warranty @######## Rajapaksha.

My dealings with their workshop, in an older Nissan, in years past were good and professional.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 5/4/2020 at 9:14 AM, tiv said:

Yes obviously it's not the same, no one said that, it was just a heads up.

Nissan has had a whole array of gearbox issues, and we've had an array of dual clutch issues in SL, so something to consider before diving into a vehicle right in from the first batch,

And lastly we all know how helpful the agent was when the issues kicked in, even for the cars they themselves dispersed. Finally some owners had to make do with Bush mechanics and makeshift garages doing home remedies and owners lost like 5 mil in depreciation in months 

@tiv i know the recon CVT's were a mess with the X Trails but didn't A*W replace the ones they brought under warranty?

My apologies in advance for my ignorance on the issue.

I was of the view based on the views of known parties that the A*W imported non hybrid X Trails were fine/unaffected by any gearbox maladies 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 5/4/2020 at 8:40 PM, Kavvz said:

I see, my apologies then. (From your post I thought you meant that the 2015 X-trail had a dual-clutch transmission like the 2020 Nissan Juke and that you were making a comparison on the potential reliability of the 2020 Juke based on the gearbox reliability issues the 2015 X-trail had...)

I don't have any experience with the new 7 speed dual clutch in the 2020 Juke, but I have had a number of Nissans with CVT transmissions (just sold the last one a few months ago!) and I would have to agree: Buying a second-hand Nissan with a CVT in it is a decision that needs to be carefully researched.

@Kavvz aren't DCT's an evil in their own right in conditions like ours where its endless slow creeping in traffic in hot humid conditions??

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
6 hours ago, Devinda_Z said:

@Kavvz aren't DCT's an evil in their own right in conditions like ours where its endless slow creeping in traffic in hot humid conditions??

Yes, I believe creeping in traffic is especially hard on DCT's as it causes them to overheat and wear out prematurely. Plus the local weather conditions just exacerbate any tendency to over heat!

My enthusiasm for Nissan to be finally offering something other than a CVT in their passenger cars and crossovers caused me to overlook this completely.... :( 

So good point there @Devinda_Z ! 

Edited by Kavvz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 hours ago, Kavvz said:

Yes, I believe creeping in traffic is especially hard on DCT's as it causes them to overheat and wear out prematurely. Plus the local weather conditions just exacerbate any tendency to over heat!

My enthusiasm for Nissan to be finally offering something other than a CVT in their passenger cars and crossovers caused me to overlook this completely.... :( 

So good point there @Devinda_Z ! 

Would it kill them to just offer a manual with a nice light clutch since they aren't even hybrids? ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 minute ago, Devinda_Z said:

Would it kill them to just offer a manual with a nice light clutch since they aren't even hybrids? ?

I know! I love Nissan's as I find them very cost effective to purchase used...but their gear boxes are just ? !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 minutes ago, Kavvz said:

I know! I love Nissan's as I find them very cost effective to purchase used...but their gear boxes are just ? !

I'm guessing they're better now than the N14-17 Sunny with the 1.3 ?

Edited by Devinda_Z
typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
6 hours ago, Devinda_Z said:

I'm guessing they're better now than the N14-17 Sunny with the 1.3 ?

lol @Devinda_Z I actually liked that car! We, as in my parents (I was too young then to have a cent to my name when that came out) never owned one, but I loved the body coloured mirrors and bumper (was it the first mainstream saloon that had that?) etc and thought it was dead cool!

To come back to modern Nissan's: As far as I know the new CVT's are a bit better than the one's that came out in 2002 and they got progressively better as Nissan refined the design further in 2008/2009, once again in 2013 and yet further in 2019 (as far as I know).

I think what happened though, was that instead of refining the design and leaving them in passenger cars; Nissan got cocky and started sticking them in SUV's, Crossovers and other high torque applications where the CVT's couldn't withstand the added performance requirements. It probably stemmed from a requirement to meet global fuel efficiency regulations as well as the need to collapse powertrains to more generalized production platforms; but that move seems to have misfired and gotten Nissan a lot of bad publicity for failed CVT's. I guess the push towards DCT's is a response to that but then again as you mentioned it might not be the best solution! 

Despite the general consensus that Nissan CVT's are getting better, my experience with them has been the opposite... Here's a summary of my ownership, and from it you can see that the CVT powertains that should have failured didn't; yet the newer redesigned CVT's that were supposed to be better versions of what they replaced, promptly did! 

  1. I had one from the 2003/2004 CVT line which didn't fail but needed more maintenance than the norm ( transmission kept failing but it kept being the solenoid so it was a relatively simple repair)
  2. One from the redesigned 2008/09 lot which were apparently prone to failure: During my ownership this was maintenance free!
  3. One from 2010/12 CVT line which during my ownership was flawless and the best driving CVT I've owned! 
  4. One from the redesigned 2013 CVT range which was a re-engineered version of the 2012 CVT, supposedly redesigned to fix issues and get better fuel mileage: This promptly failed at 40k! This gearbox was replaced under warranty (completely hassle free) and since replacement performed flawlessly till it was sold in Feb 2020

One could analyse the above and conclude that the CVT's that didn't fail were all versions of existing designs that had been in production for a couple of years, but I'm not sure if that would be a fair and unbiased analysis...Needless to say at this point I've pretty much given up on trying to figuare out Nissan's CVT transmissions! I won't be buying another one unless its dead cheap (and I have enough money set aside to switch out the transmission). 

As a former Nissan owner and overall Nissan enthusiast, I shall look forward to seeing how this new DCT transmission works out for Nissan. The car and the SUV/CUV exteriors (especially so for the Juke, the first gen was quite strange!) have certainly gotten better, but I won't be running off to buy one until they get their transmissions sorted :D 

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Even the agent seems to be keen on promoting the Juke over the Qashqai because once I inquired about the latter from them, all they were telling about was the Juke and that it has all tha active driving aids such as lane departure warning , emergency brakes , adaptive cruise control etc. It seems to be the first time A#W is offering these in one of their brand new vehicle.  This is from an email I received from them.  Multi information display is bigger than in CHR and looks nice. But on downside it has only single zone climate control .

 

Equipped with the following:-

 Interior Features

 8" TOUCH A-IVI DISPLAY AUDIO + AM/FM + RDS 

+WIFI + BT + VR + APP (W/ CARPLAY + ANDROID) 

+ USB*1(FR) + AUX + (6 Speaker (Fr&Rr Door, 

Tweeter) with Boss sound system. 

 Paddle Shift

 SLIDE + RECLINING + LIFTER front seat & SEAT 

BACK POCKET with Leather interior 

 Idle Stop Function 

 Driving Mode Select Switch For Economic Driving

 Push Start

 Factory fitted Auto Air conditioner 

 Green tinted Laminated & UV Cut Front 

windshield glasses and side window (Privacy Glass 

for back door)

 Power Windows - Front one touch up & down

 Drive Computer 

 Multifunction Leather Wrap “D” type Steering

 Tilt & Telescopic Sport Steering Wheel 

 Electric Powered Steering Wheel

 Remote door locking system with immobilizer 

 Dual Sun Visor with Vanity Mirrors 

 Auto Dimming Interior Rear View Mirror 

 Rear Defogger with Timer

 Tachometer

 Tonneau Cover

 

 

 Safety Features

 Intelligent Cruise Control 

 Parking Assistant System PARKING SENSOR + 

Rear VIEW MONITOR

 Auto braking system

FEB : Forward Emergency Braking 

PFEB : Pedestrian Forward Emergency Braking

FEB : Forward Emergency Braking for Cyclist

 LDW : Lane Departure Warning 

 LDP : Lane Departure Prevention 

 LSS : Lane Support Systems 

 BSW : Blind Spot Warning 

 DAA : Driver Attention Alert

 CTA : Cross Traffic Alert

 HBA : High Beam Assist

 TSR : Traffic Sign Recognition

 TCS : Traction Control System

 VDC : Vehicle Dynamic Control

 ACTIVE RIDE CONTROL

 ACTIVE TRACE CONTROL 

 ABS with Brake Assist (BA) and EBD

 6 Airbags (Dr + As)+ Fr Side & Curtain Airbag

 HILL START ASSIST 

 IMMOBILIZER, WITH KEY- LESS ENTRY ALARM

 Seat belt reminder & Fr & Rr Pretensioner

 

 

 Exterior Features

 19" Alloy Wheel (New) W/ Bolt Cover

 New Style LED Rear Lamps with light guide

 Led Low Beam + Led High Beam + Manual 

Levelizer

 Auto Light, Follow Me Home + Automatic 

Hazard Warning Signal

 LED Daytime Running light

 Front LED Fog Lamp 

 Body Colored + Electric Adjust + Auto Electric 

Folding + Turn Signal + Heater Side mirrors

 Rear Spoiler 

 Front Ventilated Disc and rear Disc brake

 Front wipers (flat type) - Mist Wipe + 

Adjustable Intermittent + Speed Sensing

Edited by sathyajithj99
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

MAKE : NISSAN

MODEL : JUKE F16

TYPE : 05 SEATER SUV

YEAR OF MANUFACTURE : 2020

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN : United Kingdom

TRANSMISSION : 7 Speed Automatic

ENGINE : HR10DDT, 999 CC TURBO Gasoline Engine

ENGINE TORQUE : 180Nm /1750rpm

ENGINE POWER : 86Kw (115bhp) 5250rpm

FUEL TANK CAPACITY : 46L

GROUND CLEARANCE : 172 mm

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 5/7/2020 at 12:49 AM, Devinda_Z said:

Would it kill them to just offer a manual with a nice light clutch since they aren't even hybrids? ?

In UK they offer 7 speed automatic and 6 speed manual gearboxes. If our agent is also importing from UK maybe we can order a manual one.

 

Also I'm pretty sure there are plenty of grey importers who are willing to bring down a manual one.

 

https://youtu.be/X3cVttIXmOs 

 

Edited by sathyajithj99
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

AutoLanka Cars For Sale

Post Your Ad Free [Click Here]



×
×
  • Create New...