• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

1 year anniversary with the teana

IndulaC

So it's been a year since I bought my Nissan Teana and it's been quite the journey. I always comes around 6 months to this forum and promises to give updates on the car and just disappears so apologies for that😪.

Now living with a barge for a year, well firstly it was a journey, figuring out the car slowly and just trying to live with a long ass car battling through the Colombo traffic. It was very hard to drive firstly because the car is 2.8m long and in high level road traffic where you constantly need to change lanes you feel like you want that Harry Potter bus shrink button. But hey the size has its own props, my father recently used the boot to transport a whole freaking table, and it seems my mom buys groceries more now because the boot is bigger😂.

So the driving experience, honestly it's not that bad as you expect. It's definitely a smooth ride but when you press the throttle you see the advantage of a CVT and a huge ass 2.5L V6, anytime i need to overtake something i just need to nudge the throttle and I'm there, where i see "peasant" 1.5L engines doing their maximum ~s~. The acceleration is there but you cannot feel it, whenever I'm doing 100 I have to double check my speedo to actually feel it. It seems that's why this seems slow, when I was driving the w204 c180 1.6L, whenever I push the accelerator the RPM went to 3000 and gears actually changed, you felt the cats doing something and even tho it's doing 80kmh you felt like it's doing 160, but that's not the case with the Teana, you press the throttle and the barge goes that's it. You just can't get that raw driving feeling so it's kinda boring but my father loves it because it's relaxing to drive. Even cornering is fine but I haven't been that adventurous to do a 150kmh corner in a fwd car which weighs 1.6 tons😂.

The comfort is the main thing I experienced in during the year i had the car, the back seat is just a cloud. Even tho it's suede seats you can just sleep on them. I always try to avoid driving the car so I can just be in the back seat with my legs extended forward and my hand resting on the rear backrest. 

So the restoration process have been slightly delayed because of COVID, i recently found a whole Teana j32 which is bought down from Japan for parts so I will find almost everything I need from that. I just need a new rear bumper since the one currently has , small cracks and few chrome pieces broken. Also I'm trying to find an original pair of fog lights since the once i have now have been converted to HID which doesn't seem to be the manufacturer spec.  Need to get Michelin tyres because the tyres i currently have are pretty noisy and doesn't do justice for the Teana.

I have a plan to bring down a rear boot lip spoiler and a sports grille from Japan, just to make the car a bit yakuza. 

So the problems, well I actually didn't face any, I had a leaking radiator tank so I got that fixed with a "lifetime" Warrenty and the rear multi link suspension have been squeaking when I drive over uneven surfaces or whenever the car goes in a steep downhill, so I need to fix the rear bushings as well. (I hope it's bushings but any input is accepted from the forum). Other than those two, i just did my normal maintenance and just drove it, I figured that if I didn't push the car or keep it idle for a long time, it does around 8-9 kmpl on my day to day route. But whenever I'm going grocery shopping with my mom and she stops at 100+ shops this drops to around 6-7 since I keep my AC on and the car is almost at idle for the whole journey. @MaleCortanacan vouch for this since he also faces the same problem with grocery shopping.

So to sum up my 1 year 6000km journey with my Teana, I kinda got what I wished for. I didn't expect Nissan skyline level performance nor Toyota Crown level comfort so I'm actually happy and since the market has been shot up, I received offers above 6.5 mil😂. So I am pretty happy

Lastly If anyone knows a good place to do beige suede seat cleaning please recommend me. The only problem with beige suede seats is keeping them actually beige which is honestly not possible atleast with my mom's carelessness. She just gets in and keeps her wet umbrella near the seat and just listen to the radio while I'm there on the driving seat speechless of the abomination. I'm thinking of leather seat covers so anything related to interior is highly appreciated. 

Thanks and hope to come back in another 6 months with a VQ35HR engine swapped Teana😂

P.s photo dump for the past 6 months and @MaleCortana thanks for the brochure.506144225_IMG_1349(1).thumb.jpg.86728b1756b161621f3ba98177a99bc8.jpgIMG_20210708_163320.thumb.jpg.8f045b781e90b3be502e2e8f4f38b428.jpgIMG_20210822_104346.thumb.jpg.a476efb03dcd98794188426af9700d58.jpgIMG_20210824_193857036-01.thumb.jpeg.f93e944039be55e753a8c430b8d6a961.jpegIMG_20210801_230001-01.thumb.jpeg.789df6f810d97d866a798c38c36dab55.jpegIMG_20210801_225827921.thumb.jpg.4b7304b1e16f8f72f32ea7cba4439acd.jpg

IMG-20211014-WA0023-01.thumb.jpeg.f1ac63d85ff77209c49cfbd84c1039cc.jpegIMG_20211018_170422-01.thumb.jpeg.b749630bdc5501161e7161340e5c3e76.jpeg

Edited by IndulaC
  • Like 5

For detailing there really isn't anyone better in terms of end result and value for money than Oshan (I don't think he even has a shop with a  name) or @Octanehead.

Yes...keeping beige interiors are a pain, but with the right products it is not that bad. I use fabric guards from Soft99 (about 10 years ago for about 5 years) and Chemical guys (about 4 years ago as Soft99 is not easily found in Japan anymore). The Fabric guard pretty much makes the seats somewhat water repellant (and my kids have tested it quite a few times). Also, the protective layer it puts reduces dust accumilation as well, not to mention sweat/moisture transfer from your clothes and body.

Nissan does make some really nice V6 engines..it would be hundred times better with a crispy standard automatic though. Glad she is doing well.

• Thanks 1

On 10/25/2021 at 3:20 PM, iRage said:

fabric guards from Soft99

Can I source them in Sri Lanka? Beige seats are a real pain, and extra painful when it's suede. I really wanted some leather car covers but it seems that it will change the car aesthetics.

On 10/25/2021 at 3:20 PM, iRage said:

it would be hundred times better with a crispy standard automatic

IKR!! I am not pushing the engine to the max nor even 75% since I always think CVTs can't handle torque. I can't thrash this gearbox as in my Mercs good old 5 speed auto. So I can exactly get your point but it seems with an automatic this will do even less on fuel right?

2 hours ago, IndulaC said:

Can I source them in Sri Lanka?

A friend of mine purchased it couple of months back from the authorised agents via daraz when I purchased the Soft99 wax. So it should still be available I think.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 10:51 PM, IndulaC said:

Can I source them in Sri Lanka?

I think so....check with @Octanehead about the Soft99 one....but I know I have seen 3M scotch guard for fabrics...

On 10/29/2021 at 10:51 PM, IndulaC said:

automatic this will do even less on fuel right?

Convensional wisdom would say yes...but I wouldn't think it would be by THAT much...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, iRage said:

about the Soft99

If I use this once and put beige leather car covers will I make the elderly Nissan God's angry or not? 

I mean it's a pain in the ass to keep these seats clean in the Sri Lankan weather, specially nowadays since it's always raining

On 10/29/2021 at 9:57 PM, Dee Jay said:

authorised agents via daraz

I found some solutions, but it seems for my problem, you need to thoroughly clean the seats first. Do you know any good fabric/suede seat cleaners? 

On 10/31/2021 at 11:00 AM, IndulaC said:

If I use this once and put beige leather car covers will I make the elderly Nissan God's angry or not? 

I mean it's a pain in the ass to keep these seats clean in the Sri Lankan weather, specially nowadays since it's always raining

Seat covers are not a very good solution. They have a tendency to trap moisture underneath the cover (sweat, humidity, etc...). As a result you will get wet spots and worst case scenario mold. This happens mainly because the seat simply does not get cleaned and dried (through ventialtion). The best way would be to just keep it open, use a fabric guard spray, and then complement that with just a face cover for the seat.

Edited by iRage

On 10/22/2021 at 11:18 AM, IndulaC said:

Also I'm trying to find an original pair of fog lights since the once i have now have been converted to HID which doesn't seem to be the manufacturer spec.

Morimoto sells LED fog lights for the Teana. Take a look on their website, it might interest you. 

(I converted my Teana lowbeams over to HID's and used Morimoto ballasts and bulbs which had a far better light output than the OEM light setup on the Teana. Morimoto also has Nissan specific foglights. - I can't persoanlly recommend the fog lights as I didn't bother upgrading the fogs, but the HID lowbeams were awesome and Morimoto products being what they are I'm sure the Nissan specific fog lights would be a good upgrade.)