• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Autolanka Funniest Moments

Duncan

Ever seen an upside down no U turn sign? Check on Marine Drive near HFC gate.

MINIACE

The bottom part is absolutely weird.

Does it say " U turn ahead" ?

And who did strike off that huge letter 'U' with a red colour tape ?

How dare the authorities placed such a 'misleading' road sign in front of a school ? :unsure:

Okay, but this isn't a Mitsubishi...the owner says its a CJ-5

Since it says YOM as 1966, probably it could be a Willys CJ-5 made under licence by Mitsubishi.

(JEEP experts, pls clarify) :)

The Jeep shown in the pic is a heavily modified one with a diesel 'conversion'. (Note the 52- number plate.)

Since it says YOM as 1966, probably it could be a Willys CJ-5 made under licence by Mitsubishi.

(JEEP experts, pls clarify) :)

The Jeep shown in the pic is a heavily modified one with a diesel 'conversion'. (Note the 52- number plate.)

The CJ5 was made by the Willys company that was later bought over by AMC and subsequently by Jeep. And even the right hand drive version was made in the USA according to online information, but the diesel engine that came in the later models were in fact from sourced from Isuzu.

Apparently Mitsubishi bought rights to copy the military style jeeps back in 1953, But they came with Mitsu emblems and are the ones we see one our roads today.

Edited by madmax

Saw this item pass loudly on the left this morning, close to the Welikada intersection (where the traffic lights are actually an exercise in visual art, not truly functional as most people assume they are). I'll let the picture speak for itself.

Edit: The doors were even worse, but I didn't want to risk colliding with the truck full of chemical fertilizer in front of me.

33a4bio.jpg

Edited by terrabytetango

Saw this item pass loudly on the left this morning, close to the Welikada intersection (where the traffic lights are actually an exercise in visual art, not truly functional as most people assume they are). I'll let the picture speak for itself.

Edit: The doors were even worse, but I didn't want to risk colliding with the truck full of chemical fertilizer in front of me.

33a4bio.jpg

Those oddly placed exhaust pipes (exposed silencers) have ruined an otherwise decent looking mod job.

Pity you missed snapping the whole car. Nice write-up, however.

33a4bio.jpg

What posses some people to mutilate their rides like that is beyond me............but then I guess To each his own eh? :rolleyes:

I remember seeing a Civic with a 'behind' just like that...........A relative you think :D

What posses some people to mutilate their rides like that is beyond me............but then I guess To each his own eh? :rolleyes:

I remember seeing a Civic with a 'behind' just like that...........A relative you think :D

NO??! There more than one of these in Colombo? lolz!! :D

NO??! There more than one of these in Colombo? lolz!! :D

:lol: Yeah seems they like to show off their ..err.... barrels? he he he.

You know something....to call one of these things 'riced up' is an insult to our staple diet.......It's more 'Chaff' dontcha think? :D

:lol: Yeah seems they like to show off their ..err.... barrels? he he he.

You know something....to call one of these things 'riced up' is an insult to our staple diet.......It's more 'Chaff' dontcha think? :D

lol chaff it is!! :D

Edited by Kavvz

Nice... looks like the 2010 'Starship Enterprise'...

all that money on a bodykit but still using the tiny alloys :action-smiley-060:

using anything less than 17" on a wide kitted car is just pathetic imho

Capt. Kirk..? :unsure:

Thing is guys, lotsa these cars, (and I don't know why they drive them around) they are demonstrators. Just wild out marketing to show what is capable. Not to do with taste, but to draw attention and show capability.

I must be getting old ....

all that money on a bodykit but still using the tiny alloys :action-smiley-060:

using anything less than 17" on a wide kitted car is just pathetic imho

The other funny thing is, I saw one of these done up cars near st bridgets, and it was waiting at the traffic lights, 2 huge exhausts in the middle of the car, and nice black smoke coming from the tiny exhaust on the left of the car. :lol: I was openely laughing at the driver. At least clean up the smoke so that no one will see the real exhaust? noo. Keep the the two huge kahuna's for nothing.. :lol::rolleyes:

This is why I drive a white van.

lol now don't want to piss you off now do we? For all I know I'll wake up in Muthurajawella or somewhere along the new southern highway with a rolled up sock in my mouth.... :D

Edited by Kavvz