• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Autolanka Funniest Moments

Duncan

I think what Uditha88 wants us to see is that the front of the Cerato resembles the Allion while the rear resembles the Lancer.

This is what I think:

1. It's not funny, sad or stupid (so this doesn't belong in this thread)

2. The Cerato looks NOTHING like the Lancer (Lancer fans, back me up here! :P)

3. This is not the first time two cars look similar. Haven't you seen the Prius and the Insight? There are several brands that even share the same chassis. Examples: Proton Wira & Lancer CB, Chevrolet Cruze & Suzuki Swift, Mazda Bongo & Nissan Vanette.

Summary:

No - Big - Deal

and to add what Davy said

i personally have become a big fan of korean cars these days.

they are quite frankly up with japanese cars now and the Kia cerato looks brilliant to me.

chinese are the copy cats who have no sense of design.

I think what Uditha88 wants us to see is that the front of the Cerato resembles the Allion while the rear resembles the Lancer.

This is what I think:

1. It's not funny, sad or stupid (so this doesn't belong in this thread)

2. The Cerato looks NOTHING like the Lancer (Lancer fans, back me up here! :P)

3. This is not the first time two cars look similar. Haven't you seen the Prius and the Insight? There are several brands that even share the same chassis. Examples: Proton Wira & Lancer CB, Chevrolet Cruze & Suzuki Swift, Mazda Bongo & Nissan Vanette.

Summary:

No - Big - Deal

Sirawata... How dare he look down on that amazing lancer ass by comparing it to the kia !!!

• Like 2

If this is going to be a comparison on which looks nicer then it's never going to end, cos "better looks" really is a relative term. To me Udith88 seems to have a bone to pick with the Kia, and he just picked the wrong battle.

The Kia's rear is closer to a new A4 than Lancer EX if you ask me, and as much as i like the lancer EX, it's hardly original. It's rear is a bigger rip-off of the Mazda3 in my opinion..

• Like 2

Many vehicle manufacturers opt to get designs from third party companies (like Pininfarina, Giugiaro) for their vehicles, to keep their design costs low. And then, both design and manufacturing companies reuse designs to keep their costs low. So it's not a wonder that vehicles produced by different manufacturers during the same era look similar.

Those who obtain third party designs include Chinese car manufacturers too. For example Hafei Lobo (what is known as Micro Trend) was a Pininfarina designed car. Chinese also go to an extra mile (so do Indians) and obtain used presses from other car manufacturers, usually after the production of a model is ceased. That's why we see vehicles like:

Daihatsu Terios -> Zotye Nomad

2nd Gen Suzuki Alto -> Maruti 800

Toyota Kijang -> Toyota Qualis (India) -> ICML Rhino (India)

Edited by Crosswind

Homicide, Jaliya. Not suicide. That's what this deserves!!

I'd run him down with my car...now that's justice! :violent-smiley-027: I don't know what's worse, the Riced-out red & white KE72 in Kandy or this one!

Also, isn't it funny that the rear bumper cut-out for the exhaust is on the right but the actual exhaust on the KE72 is on the left? :sport-smiley-005:

• Like 1