• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

1998 Honda Integra Gsr (automatic))

shane6399

@ PILLAWOOS

my spec sheet says otherwise...

http://www.superhonda.com/tech/honda_engine_codes.html

please note that é GS-R was strictly US spec for é Acura Integra

also

http://www.hybridgarage.com/tech/bseries.html

note é difference in compression ratio between é B18C & B18C1 motors

also é 180 i quoted was a PS figire which works out to 177.54 BHP but still for all , é figures You qoute r US spec!

So its YOU who is MISTAKEN sénör

but which ever way HP figures as such arent really gonna matter , unless lil shane is gonna cane it n drag it down every street all é time!

'

SIR-G is a two door coupe.. you refered to 4 doors.. Go research and find me a 4 door SIR-G in SL :D I'll make an offer for it :P

hmm not much of difference

there is a bucket load of a difference..

#################################

man where do you GET this stuff??? you're like a walking Encyclopedia of Automobiles :blink: btw, comw online.... have smethin to discuss..

The internet is a lovely place.. all sorts of interesting stuff.. Must try it sometime.

Edited by Pilawoos

evo magazine claims integra type R DC2 as follows...

ITR arguably the best front-wheel-drive car ever, and a cult classic

Check Integra Type R Review By Evo

AND....

Ten greatest icons

The ten greatest drivers’ cars, as voted by you in our on-line poll, brought together in one glorious test

February 2007

Check Ten greatest icons as voted by evo mag internet visitors

IPB Image

too bad cars as pure as this no longer roll-out of honda factories... :(

Edited by isurujosh

SIR-G is a two door coupe.. you refered to 4 doors.. Go research and find me a 4 door SIR-G in SL :D I'll make an offer for it :P

the SIR-G is the same as the GSR - like i've repaeated a few times over now - JDM cars went as SIR-G's & é equivalent US spec car was é GSR !!

é following pictures will go to prove that SIR-G 's came not only with DC2 body types but also with the DB8's !

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...on-87244782.htm

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/609662

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2289516

so based on the information of the car that "lil shane" mentioned - it seems to be a SIR-G DB8

- so now that u know, why dont u run along n beat shane to it n make an offer! :P

evo magazine claims integra type R DC2 as follows...

Check Integra Type R Review By Evo

too bad cars as pure as this no longer roll-out of honda factories... :(

Ya man… no dought about it….. Though a Mazda fan…. Really love the Honda Integra with the 2 lights….. One time I was looking for 1 but was way over my budget….

Too bad Honda have moved away from the old classics…..

the SIR-G is the same as the GSR - like i've repaeated a few times over now - JDM cars went as SIR-G's & é equivalent US spec car was é GSR !!

é following pictures will go to prove that SIR-G 's came not only with DC2 body types but also with the DB8's !

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...on-87244782.htm

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/609662

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2289516

so based on the information of the car that "lil shane" mentioned - it seems to be a SIR-G DB8

- so now that u know, why dont u run along n beat shane to it n make an offer! :P

Our burning the mid-night oil I see..

The Car Shane has seen is NOT an Sir-G.. its not even the shape your links cover! I've never seen someone so confident in a car, he may not have even seen before :D

yup its one of the great looking car but its feels small. but if you take a car like skyline its length equals to a sedan my opinion.

:D

That would probably be because the Skyline coupes are based on a Skyline Sedan. There has always been a 4 door Skyline parent varient. I guess thats why the new GT-R is dropping the name, there will be no sedan of that.

Hi guys, where is Zaki at a time like this ... i think he can shed some light on the subject far better than us?

To my knowledge the JDM DC2/DB8 Si,Si-G & SiR2 are 178bhp@7600rpm ... USDM (GSR or also know as b18c1 in US) is around 170bhp?

But i've heard some people say that the auto's came with different cams and different power

I have a 1997 SiR2 DC2, specs are 178bhp@7600rpm and 17.8 kg/m@6200rpm as i said if its manual then the specs for SiR-G,SiR2, etc etc should be all the same .... slightly lower if its an auto. Type R is a different issue. And about the LSD, SiR2 came with optional LSD but with 4.4 final drive like the others. The other's didnt come with LSD to my knowledge.

• 3 years later...

I have an option of buying a Honda Integra.

Any idea about current market value for 1998 Integra with 1.8L (300-/auto/Brand New)?

And the car has some kind of radiator water leak, in worst case scenario, any estimation on how much will I have to spend to fix that?

Thanks.

Edited by K3Z

Any idea about current market value for 1998 Integra with 1.8L (300-/auto/Brand New)?

And the car has some kind of radiator water leak, in worst case scenario, any estimation on how much will I have to spend to fix that?

Thanks.

This is not a coupe, so I guess it is a DB8 (with bugs light).

Edited by K3Z

Thanks.

I figure between 1.6 - 1.8 mil if it's in good condition.

This is not a coupe, so I guess it is a DB8 (with bugs light).

Nice to see an Integra hunter, so did you find any M/T DB8/DC2 for sale? I was looking for them for months and all were auto, but as you've mentioned a leaky radiator, there was a 300- A/T car which seemed to repairs a lot, was in a garage getting fixed whenever I called, and the guy told it was of his brother who is abroad bla bla... So have to be careful when buying such cars, and as others say, may have been used at limits.

Btw, I don't exactly get why many seem to think/say that JDM 98 cars had bug lights, whether DC2 or DB8. Or this specific car you checked was a brand new, not a Jap recon? Cuz Honda had replaced those lights with rectangular lights for Japan by 96, like in the links Dev_Z had provided and they're DB8 SIR-Gs after all --

6096620001_large.jpg

As for the price, less than 1.6M is below what I found so far.

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Nice to see an Integra hunter, so did you find any M/T DB8/DC2 for sale? I was looking for them for months and all were auto, but as you've mentioned a leaky radiator, there was a 300- A/T car which seemed to repairs a lot, was in a garage getting fixed whenever I called, and the guy told it was of his brother who is abroad bla bla... So have to be careful when buying such cars, and as others say, may have been used at limits.

Btw, I don't exactly get why many seem to think/say that JDM 98 cars had bug lights, whether DC2 or DB8. Or this specific car you checked was a brand new, not a Jap recon? Cuz Honda had replaced those lights with rectangular lights for Japan by 96, like in the links Dev_Z had provided and they're DB8 SIR-Gs after all --

6096620001_large.jpg

As for the price, less than 1.6M is below what I found so far.

I settled down for something else.

Good luck with your hunt for the M/T Integra.

• 11 months later...

guys i too am on the hunt for a 98 integra. the one on the AL classifieds for 1.475 is an interesting option since it looks like a factory spec SiR. the engine numbers check out and its a DOHC VTEC 1.8l. but it looks to me like this beauty has been neglected badly. clearly in desperate need of a good fixer-upper. auto box, allegedly recently replaced.

any thoughts on this? 300-xxxx, black.

guys i too am on the hunt for a 98 integra. the one on the AL classifieds for 1.475 is an interesting option since it looks like a factory spec SiR. the engine numbers check out and its a DOHC VTEC 1.8l. but it looks to me like this beauty has been neglected badly. clearly in desperate need of a good fixer-upper. auto box, allegedly recently replaced.

any thoughts on this? 300-xxxx, black.

Actually machan all of the Integras that were brought down by stafford were SIR spec cars if i'm not mistaken. There are quite a few around, sadly all are auto though.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

devinda and elvis's arguments have got me pretty confused. so is the DB8 98 issue an SiR-G or not? mine says "GS-R" on the spec sticker on the door pillar. the interwebs lead me to believe - as devinda and supra pointed out - that its one and the same.

in the process of restoring it. have to put a new windshield since a pedestrian decided to moonwalk onto it while i was going along on my merry way. the previous paint job is disastrous. layer upon layer of putty for no apparent reason. haiyyo. the integra emboss on the front bumper has been more or less puttied over. had to sit with a chisel and pick away at it for hours to get the emboss to pop:

post-44585-0-88400400-1326504144_thumb.j

this is the after photo:

post-44585-0-16314100-1326547873_thumb.j

also removed the fogs and mesh grille put in by the previous owner. they were hideous.

spent some time working on the mechanicals as well. engine was in good shape, but engine oil was more or less tar and sludge. i guess some people just run on love and a prayer.

took the mickey out of the power steering, cooling, brake lines, motor and box, AC, and suspension.

then pawned my left nut for a decent audio system. went with JBL all the way.

now its in for a full "putty strip-down" and paint.

got some aftermarket bling from ebay as well. nothing too flashy. will post some photos when its all done.

Edited by Komisiripala

devinda and elvis's arguments have got me pretty confused. so is the DB8 98 issue an SiR-G or not? mine says "GS-R" on the spec sticker on the door pillar. the interwebs lead me to believe - as devinda and supra pointed out - that its one and the same.

in the process of restoring it. have to put a new windshield since a pedestrian decided to moonwalk onto it while i was going along on my merry way. the previous paint job is disastrous. layer upon layer of putty for no apparent reason. haiyyo. the integra emboss on the front bumper has been more or less puttied over. had to sit with a chisel and pick away at it for hours to get the emboss to pop:

post-44585-0-88400400-1326504144_thumb.j

this is the after photo:

post-44585-0-16314100-1326547873_thumb.j

also removed the fogs and mesh grille put in by the previous owner. they were hideous.

spent some time working on the mechanicals as well. engine was in good shape, but engine oil was more or less tar and sludge. i guess some people just run on love and a prayer.

took the mickey out of the power steering, cooling, brake lines, motor and box, AC, and suspension.

then pawned my left nut for a decent audio system. went with JBL all the way.

now its in for a full "putty strip-down" and paint.

got some aftermarket bling from ebay as well. nothing too flashy. will post some photos when its all done.

Now THAT is a project... More or less exactly what I'd do if I went with a 'teg...

Good luck man, we eagerly await photos! :)

• Like 1

its shaping up bit by bit. going with Honda electric blue pearl by Sikkens. this is after the base coat:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150516981279477&l=db02ae258d

getting halo headlights, smoked turn signals for the front and quarterpanels, new rear lights and badges for the exterior.

detailing the engine bay with password JDM tappet cover washers and screws, PWJDM radiator stays, aftermarket oil filler cap cover, radiator cap cover, and a replacement for the broken wiper-washer fluid cover. getting the tappet cover, header cover and radiator resprayed in matte finish. replaced the broken power steering fluid bottle with a new one, and in the process of removing paint stains from the coolant bottle. goal is to make the engine bay look like this:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150516981079477&l=1bda1bfc59

oh yeah, got blue tubing for the various tubes as well!

my paint baas recommends side skirts, spoiler, neon lights and a beat barrel. if not for his epic save on the teg emboss i would have slapped him!

the interior is in excellent shape. getting a replacement for the rear-view mirror, which has rusted, and an LED lighting kit for the gauge cluster lights. the uphosltery and headliner are in excellent shape. at least previous owner has maintained that! planning to get the steering wheel leathered up.

getting married in 2 weeks, and believe you me, i've refused a 2007 Merc SLK and a jag X type for that day. i'd rather go away in this!

that's all i plan to do for now. later in the day when i get the chance, will install some slotted ventilated brake rotors for a meaner look.