• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ford F150

ferrarif50

wow cool presentation...if only the car is as good,or maybe it's just us who are brainwashed by years of clarkson's anti-american rants.

Yeap great presentation. It seems straight forward and fair, however I can't shake the feeling that they've played onto the F150's strengths. I'm sure there's more than what's presented and I'd be really interested to see if any of the other manufacturers respond.

Edited by Kavvz

Simply amazing - I personally feel that it’s a very fair comparison – looked at all aspects including fuel – What more can 1 ask for ???

Go Ford :D

I guess.....but then again the test WAS conducted by Ford; and naturally they'd want their product to stand out. I'm sure all the data presented was factual, but I can't see Ford wanting to highlight any drawbacks to their product like an independent third party would.

A Tundra forum (http://www.tundraheadquarters.com/blog/2007/08/30/toyota-tundra-bed-bounce-issue-our-position/ ) had the following to say about the bounce test:

" Here's what we think:

1. The Ford produced bed bounce video is worthless. In the video, you'll see that the Tundra has dramatic bed vibration. You'll also see that the entry speed was 28mph. Why 28? Our guess is that 28mph was the speed that the Ford performed best at. Had the test been conducted at even 30mph, the results could have been dramatically different. Mechanical resonance is tricky even small changes in speed can dramatically effect the results. Besides, is anyone really going to drive on that surface that fast? What real-world situation would require you to drive almost 30mph on a surface that unforgiving? Because the situation in the Ford video is so unique, we really don't think you should put much stock in it.

2. The Tundra's bed bounce on concrete highways is a big deal for some. Toyota screwed up here — the new truck shouldn't have this problem. While nearly all trucks exhibit some form of bed bounce on concrete highways, the Tundra’s bed bounce is outside the norm. We think it may have something to do with Toyota's decision to angle the rear leaf springs rather than orient them straight front to back, but that's nothing more than a guess. But of all the items on the new truck, this unconventional suspension arrangement seems to be the most radical (and therefore the most suspicious, at least to us). However, based on the volume of complaints we've seen on forums, etc., we're willing to bet most Tundra owners haven't experienced this problem. "

Found a (rudimentary) video comparing the Dodge and the F150 while googling for a comparison of the Tundra and the F150.

Edited by Kavvz