• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Arb Suspension Kit For Toyota Hilux

Muditha420

Question

hi everyone,

need some advice... I'm thinking of fixing the ARB Suspension Kit for my HIlux 107.

can someone tell me the good n bad side of fixing this kit?any advice?is it worth it?

it costs a bit so before fixing need to ask the car guru's here for bit of knowledge.

According to them this improves ride quality, improved wheel travel, better traction, and reduced rolling effect; will give you more control over the vehicle.

These are included in the kit

2 front OME Nitrocharger Shocks

2 Rear OME Nitrocharger Shocks

1 OME Steering Damper

2 Front OME Torsion Bars

2 Rear OME Leaf Spring Stacks

2 Rear OME Greasable Shackles

12 Leaf spring bushes

4 Rear U Bolts

11 answers to this question

hi everyone,

need some advice... I'm thinking of fixing the ARB Suspension Kit for my HIlux 107.

can someone tell me the good n bad side of fixing this kit?any advice?is it worth it?

it costs a bit so before fixing need to ask the car guru's here for bit of knowledge.

According to them this improves ride quality, improved wheel travel, better traction, and reduced rolling effect; will give you more control over the vehicle.

These are included in the kit

2 front OME Nitrocharger Shocks

2 Rear OME Nitrocharger Shocks

1 OME Steering Damper

2 Front OME Torsion Bars

2 Rear OME Leaf Spring Stacks

2 Rear OME Greasable Shackles

12 Leaf spring bushes

4 Rear U Bolts

We had an LN 106 which was horrible to run with the front leaf springs compared to the 107 models in the company fleet. So we did a full ARB job hoping that it would improve the ride (comfort). The kit didn't help much. The ride improved marginally but only after we reduced the springs at the back and added a steel rear buffer for weight.

I feel ARB is good if you are using the vehicle for heavy loads, towing or serious offroading. But the ride will become stiffer and less comfortable.

Depends on what you wan't really.

We had an LN 106 which was horrible to run with the front leaf springs compared to the 107 models in the company fleet. So we did a full ARB job hoping that it would improve the ride (comfort). The kit didn't help much. The ride improved marginally but only after we reduced the springs at the back and added a steel rear buffer for weight.

I feel ARB is good if you are using the vehicle for heavy loads, towing or serious offroading. But the ride will become stiffer and less comfortable.

Depends on what you wan't really.

well heavy loads...sometimes done...the guy who previously owned this has changed the shackles for longer ones..maybe it had a suspension kit before and when selling removed them...no idea there.

another reason i just got to know is...some people say...the original suspension cannot cope with bigger tires, since its not meant to run with them...

any advice on this

61563332.th.jpg

well heavy loads...sometimes done...the guy who previously owned this has changed the shackles for longer ones..maybe it had a suspension kit before and when selling removed them...no idea there.

another reason i just got to know is...some people say...the original suspension cannot cope with bigger tires, since its not meant to run with them...

any advice on this

61563332.th.jpg

Nice looking truck bro: I've always been a fan of the Hilux, but have never had an opportunity to own one. Hope things work out well.

Nice looking truck bro: I've always been a fan of the Hilux, but have never had an opportunity to own one. Hope things work out well.

Hey..Thanks mate...thinking of fixing these shocks as well. milindu gave me rough idea on this but would like more feedback

so wondering if there's anyone out there who can help me

Hey..Thanks mate...thinking of fixing these shocks as well. milindu gave me rough idea on this but would like more feedback

so wondering if there's anyone out there who can help me

Good looking truck bro, Only wish mine looked half as good! :lol:

anyway with regard to the kit, IMO the 107 is a better starting point than a 106 would be because it has a much more sophisticated set up underneath. So the kit will probably make more of a difference. But of course the only way to be sure is to track down an owner who has fitted a kit to a 107 and ask them how it works. Maybe you should send Velocity a PM. He'll be able to point you in the right direction.

Anyway keep us posted, this is an interesting thread because im sure a lot of people who own trucks/4x4's are interested in upgrading their suspension (I know I am, but being a 106 my choices are rather limited sadly)

Cheers

Used to own a LN-65 50Sri double cab when i was schooling and me my dad were hunting for a better set of shocks and came across

1.) Old Man Emu from Ausie by Outdoorsm#n (yellow)

2.) ARB from Ausie from a place in kirulopana (yellow)

3.) Rancho RS series from USA

After considering the price factor and reliability thought of going with the Ranchos. As far as i remember the prices were in the 9000 range per shock for Old man emu and ARB while Ranchos were 7500 i think. (these prices are from 2005)

If your going to put the whole kit just in thought of improving ride quality I wouldnt recommend as ride quality does improve but only marginally. Unless your going to be doing some offroading and wildlife trips I dont belive its necessary.

Just a side note, if I had to go back and redo the whole truck I wouldnt put the front bumper nor the shocks. Would just use it as it is. If your worried about the rear drag just use a couple of sand bags. (a common practice around the world)

Also the front bumper which is made outa cheap steel is too heavy for an LN and causes the chassy to develop cracks over time and the paint starts peeling off and it starts corroding. Your LN looks quite in good shape and I wouldnt rape her in any way. :)

hilux.th.jpg

Used to own a LN-65 50Sri double cab when i was schooling and me my dad were hunting for a better set of shocks and came across

1.) Old Man Emu from Ausie by Outdoorsm#n (yellow)

2.) ARB from Ausie from a place in kirulopana (yellow)

3.) Rancho RS series from USA

After considering the price factor and reliability thought of going with the Ranchos. As far as i remember the prices were in the 9000 range per shock for Old man emu and ARB while Ranchos were 7500 i think. (these prices are from 2005)

If your going to put the whole kit just in thought of improving ride quality I wouldnt recommend as ride quality does improve but only marginally. Unless your going to be doing some offroading and wildlife trips I dont belive its necessary.

Just a side note, if I had to go back and redo the whole truck I wouldnt put the front bumper nor the shocks. Would just use it as it is. If your worried about the rear drag just use a couple of sand bags. (a common practice around the world)

Also the front bumper which is made outa cheap steel is too heavy for an LN and causes the chassy to develop cracks over time and the paint starts peeling off and it starts corroding. Your LN looks quite in good shape and I wouldnt rape her in any way. :)

hilux.th.jpg

Thankx supra I'm pretty sure yours is equally good :lol::-) this pic was right after my monthly polishing.

DevakaC.. i did consider on buying only the shocks from ARB but according to them they won't give any warranty if buying only them...since they say they don't know the condition of the leaf springs and torsion bars etc... :unsure:

On one side the previous owner has put the local leaf spring set also with longer shackles which is not meant for the cab (not original). this is why thought of going to this kit. I like to keep it in an original way so wont go for any bumpers n such. i Know its a pretty big investment since the whole kit doesn't come cheap..so have to be sure.

Guess tracking down a guy who uses this wont be a bad idea either :rolleyes: Well the hunt is on

Hilux Invincible as TopGear said

any advice on this

61563332.th.jpg

we have a similar/almost identical thing :D

it has some yellow color shocks in the back, gotta check wt brand/model lol

Lol, Must admit to the facts ne... I would have put up a picture but amazingly i dont have a single one! :huh: Must take a few.

hey why don't u put a few....I'm pretty sure if we were rich guys who luv these kinda vehicles would have them factory new ;)

Edited by Muditha420