• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cool Ebay Gadgets For Cars

cha

This could be true. But it doesn't say any limitation of lights. (I don't know the law :sad-smiley-067: ) So is there any limitation (Any LM value or so?)

Only thing I know is cops tend to fuss light above 8000K, judged by their visual capability of course.

• Like 1

Only thing I know is cops tend to fuss light above 8000K, judged by their visual capability of course.

Basically the same scientific process they use to determine if an exhaust is too loud!

• Like 2

Never been questioned about the lights because I never turn them ON, on main roads or if not needed. It will be very difficult for Car, Bike and 3 wheel drivers.

• 2 weeks later...
If this is for me, Yes I will. Give me few days.

Added here with the images. The camera is auto adjusted to the brightness and therefore you won't see it 100%. But you may get an idea.

[ Without LED 27W Spot Lights] 20150516_190729.jpg

[ With LED 27W Spot Lights]

20150516_190735.jpg

Edited by Nishan.dj

Added here with the images. The camera is auto adjusted to the brightness and therefore you won't see it 100%. But you may get an idea.

[ Without LED 27W Spot Lights] 20150516_190729.jpg

[ With LED 27W Spot Lights]

20150516_190735.jpg

Yeah it wouldn't be right to drive with those lights on main road, notice how much light output is going upwards as well

• 2 weeks later...

Guys anyone tried this??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271832366043?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=570662512850&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Touch-Up car Paint, Perfect color that matches the TOYOTA color number

$_57.JPG

For scratches like whats shown on the video, most workshops here paint the whole panel

Edited by Magnum

Guys anyone tried this??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271832366043?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=570662512850&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

For scratches like whats shown on the video, most workshops here paint the whole panel

Not the exact brand, but I've tried similar ones and they gave me pretty much the same results.

Not the exact brand, but I've tried similar ones and they gave me pretty much the same results.

Im surprised our body shops haven't figured this out, or maybe cuz its more profitable for them to paint the whole damn panel :sport-smiley-004:

Guys anyone tried this??

$_57.JPG

Im surprised our body shops haven't figured this out, or maybe cuz its more profitable for them to paint the whole damn panel :sport-smiley-004:

Our car sales chaps and associated body shops already know this, been using these since the mid 2000s,

the en-bulk colour they use is Toyota 056 white, first I thought it was correction fluid / tipex. They even apply a clear coat on top.

I've tried Toyota 8P4. 042, 1E9 and 3E5, with upto 4-5 coats you can salvage like a 1cm wide scratch near original state, various brands depending on the colour code though

Our car sales chaps and associated body shops already know this, been using these since the mid 2000s,

the en-bulk colour they use is Toyota 056 white, first I thought it was correction fluid / tipex. They even apply a clear coat on top.

I've tried Toyota 8P4. 042, 1E9 and 3E5, with upto 4-5 coats you can salvage like a 1cm wide scratch near original state, various brands depending on the colour code though

Does the applied paint hold well? Or does it peel off after sometime?

Holds equally well as regular paint. Some touch-ups I did were not showing up even after 4 years.

Most of these paints are very thin, even with a few coats the level of the scratch is likely to be lower than the surrounding paint, thereby the touch-up rarely peels off, instead what happens is the taller sides of the original paint comes of with time, expanding the scratch and leaving the touch-up 'island' in the middle, anyways these are negligible specs that occur with time, a small refinish from the pen would do.

Holds equally well as regular paint. Some touch-ups I did were not showing up even after 4 years.

+1

Edited by tiv

Hi guys,

Not really an ebay offer but all 3M products are now 21% off at wow.lk . I got a couple items delivered to my home.

I dont know if this violates forum rules to mention a site directly like this. Please remove this post if it does. Btw im not associated with wow.lk or 3M in any way :D

Got Osram Night Breaker Unlimited for fog lamps and im loving it!

Original fog lamps

IMG_0198.jpg

Osram Night Break Unlimited

IMG_0186.jpg

Fog lamps and park lights only

11150706_10203016767899388_9110993422951

With HID(low beam)

11202577_10203016769099418_8205486182883

Is it just me or has Toyota gone into a bit of retro styling by providing the quad lamp setup as in old LHs of the 80s and 90s?

On the same topic, just ordered a set of Philips Diamond Vision HB4 9006 for my fogs, lets see how they compare when they turn up in a few weeks :speechless-smiley-004:

6831641358_98f6373fec_o.jpg

Edited by tiv
  • Like 1

Is it just me or has Toyota gone into a bit of retro styling by providing the quad lamp setup as in old LHs of the 80s and 90s?

On the same topic, just ordered a set of Philips Diamond Vision HB4 9006 for my fogs, lets see how they compare when they turn up in a few weeks :speechless-smiley-004:

6831641358_98f6373fec_o.jpg

Quad lamps are quite common with new vehicles which have HID, cuz HID with H4 or single bulb light setup isn't that successful so theres HID for low beam and halogen for high beam

But there is a simialrity between the Hiace KDH series and the 80s Hiace, that is the hand brake which sits in front of the driver's left knee and you have to pull it up up to activate

0203287A30141111W00111.jpg

There it is under the gear shifter

Quad lamps are quite common with new vehicles which have HID, cuz HID with H4 or single bulb light setup isn't that successful so theres HID for low beam and halogen for high beam

But there is a simialrity between the Hiace KDH series and the 80s Hiace, that is the hand brake which sits in front of the driver's left knee and you have to pull it up up to activate

0203287A30141111W00111.jpg

There it is under the gear shifter

Haha yes, but in terms of placement of the headlamps, one on top of the other, quite reminiscent of the old models to me

Haha yes, but in terms of placement of the headlamps, one on top of the other, quite reminiscent of the old models to me

You could say so :P

bdw it seems Philips Diamond Vision is pretty similar to Nightbreakers

You could say so :P

bdw it seems Philips Diamond Vision is pretty similar to Nightbreakers

Yes, I already have sets of Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited and Plus, Just wanted to compare.

Yes, I already have sets of Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited and Plus, Just wanted to compare.

Nope, Diamond Vision is just another Halogen with Blue coating. Philips Extreme Vision is the Equivalent for Night breakers. one of my friend ordered the Diamond vision and i don't see any difference between Chinese blue coated bulb. less Lumens than Extreme Visions.