• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cool Ebay Gadgets For Cars

cha

Nah, never seen a presea before with the same colour... I have seen light green one's but not with this silverish green mix...

I didn't buy the pain, I gave it to a car painting place (family friends) who are quite popular in this area....

Umm, no, not a single letter is visible in the code :/ But thanks machan :)

Maybe you can take all those color codes in that link to a paint shop and find out which one the green is

bdw its always best that you buy the paint by yourself when doing a paint job and that too from a well known place

the mixing of the paint when you are buying it plays a big role in getting the perfect color match

• Like 1

As long as it's not mentioned as car accessories in the packaging, customs won't be bothered I reckon. I ordered these twice (for low beam and fogs) and both times they came to my doorstep, and they were mentioned as just "Bulbs".

As long as it's not mentioned as car accessories in the packaging, customs won't be bothered I reckon. I ordered these twice (for low beam and fogs) and both times they came to my doorstep, and they were mentioned as just "Bulbs".

This is my 5th set, excluding the faux philips' set, was never held up. However I was once called for a 3M double sided tape and taxed 390/- :sarcastic_hand:

This is my 5th set, excluding the faux philips' set, was never held up. However I was once called for a 3M double sided tape and taxed 390/- :sarcastic_hand:

390??? Damn.. Once I recieved a big gift box from USA included tshirts, music posters, music cd's, soap, a montana number plate, flower seeds (although they are not allowed to be sent), A banner and pair of sunglasses and a mug... I was called by the colombo customs though and only 150 for that...

However for other ebay items everytime im called to the local post office an Ragama to take the item due to it being initially opened by the customs before sending it to the ragama post office... Even for a small tshirt, air freshner etc but never charged me though...

The prob is, the colour code in marked under the hood is not clearly visible/has been scratched away so its hard to identify the colour code that needs to be applied... when i painted my spoiler, it has a small difference between the spoiler colour and the body colour... so if it happens to the bonnet, it will be clearly visible that 2 shades of green is there in the car...so that's why im hesitant to paint the bonnet....

You can find out the colour code via the VIN number too. The VIN is listed on multiple places in the car, the most prominent one being the windscreen insert.

You can find out the colour code via the VIN number too. The VIN is listed on multiple places in the car, the most prominent one being the windscreen insert.

Affirmative... But this is not the original paint, since it has been repainted again (since its a different shade of a light green compared to the original paint) even though i find the colour code it won't be helpful cuz its not painted as per the color code... Isnt it?

I have brought down HID kits which come in big boxes but never had a problem, then I bought volt stabilizer and that was held up at the Kandy post office, worst thing was I had to explain to the guy what it was, he probably thought its some bomb, it kinda looked like one :D

Affirmative... But this is not the original paint, since it has been repainted again (since its a different shade of a light green compared to the original paint) even though i find the colour code it won't be helpful cuz its not painted as per the color code... Isnt it?

As you're in love with the car and planning to keep it why dont you go for a full paint job?

Nightbreaker results,

Apologies as I was too keen on getting the swap done on the same day, I could not get a "before" pic. Some may say its useless, but you may get an idea of the output ateast.

CONTROL
vckkmNz.jpg
Nightbreaker UL 9006 Fogs
lIkwAPa.jpg
Nightbreaker UL H4 - levelling on lowest setting / Dipped Beam
WEJNw61.jpg
And yea I got electrocuted trying to turn off that bloody tubelight on the road
Edited by tiv
  • Like 4

Nightbreaker results,

Apologies as I was too keen on getting the swap done on the same day, I could not get a before pic. Some say its useless, but you may get an idea of the output ateast.

CONTROL
vckkmNz.jpg
lIkwAPa.jpg
WEJNw61.jpg

Damn! Can't wait till mine arrives...

Ah I see, now you want to match the repainted paint colour not the original. Okay, got it. Sorry buddy in that case you'll have to head over to the best paint shop you can afford and get them to match the colours up. Some places have a digital meter that they use to match the paint colour, but even then it doesn't mean that it will be a perfect match as they have to take into account ageing / fading etc.

If I were you I'd ask around, pick three of the best recommended and visit each place and pick the painter that you think would be best able to help you / easiest place to work with.

Maybe you can PM some of the other members who have restored / repainted their cars for their recommendations and start there?

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

I managed to find something interesting regarding HID Kits :sport-smiley-003:

AC HID kit vs DC HID kit

acdc1.jpg

The AC kits seem to be a bit more expensive and less in number on eBay compared to DC kits,

I had a DC kit on the Suzuki Every I had earlier, when you point the headlights on a white wall you can see that both bulbs emitting a slightly different color from each other, I thought it was a common issue with HID bulbs

and I think OEM kits are AC

Check out this video, he does a comparison between AC and DC ballasts:

The AC kits have an extra box like thing, it must be the inverter

tui2120133321423734.jpg

Edited by Magnum

Nightbreaker results,

Apologies as I was too keen on getting the swap done on the same day, I could not get a "before" pic. Some may say its useless, but you may get an idea of the output ateast.

CONTROL
vckkmNz.jpg
lIkwAPa.jpg
WEJNw61.jpg

Matchn, from where did you got your night breaker bulbs? locally or imported? How much were they?

Matchn, from where did you got your night breaker bulbs? locally or imported? How much were they?

$35-45, eBay

WEJNw61.jpg

I'm also living in a similar lane to that with a tubelight right infront of my house, even I'm hoping to switch off that light with a broomstick or something to prevent getting electrocuted before testing this newly arrived nightbreakers :D

This had arrived today :D

How come this soon?... 5 Freaking days since I ordered :o

So I'm wondering whether to wait for the foglights too to arrive or to replace it later...

OJigRdq.jpg

Wow thats fast, haha why be patient its a few min job, plus you can appreciate them better with and without fogs, never touch the glass portion of the bulb btw,

Edited by tiv

Wow thats fast, haha why be patient its a few min job, plus you can appreciate them better with and without fogs, never touch the glass portion of the bulb btw,

Yeyy, fixed it :D had to youtube "How to remove the Osram bulb BOX" first :P

now have to wait till the night... i can see a whiter look a bit now :D