• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Meaning Of The Japanese Sentences In A Vehicle

RehanaA

Once I was to meet a couple of friends and in an attempt to locate their car, I called my friend who handed over the phone to his wife as he was behind the wheel. I asked her what kind of car should I be looking for and she goes "a white one".

OP, trying to answer your question is like trying to locate that car. Hope you will understand.

• Like 1

Once I was to meet a couple of friends and in an attempt to locate their car, I called my friend who handed over the phone to his wife as he was behind the wheel. I asked her what kind of car should I be looking for and she goes "a white one".

OP, trying to answer your question is like trying to locate that car. Hope you will understand.

Dude I've gone through the exact same thing! It was a blue one in my case.

I think she's referring to the gps unit powering up.

I hear Japanese sentences in my car. How can I find out what the meanings of them? Are those standard in all cars?

RA

'RehanaA',

At last you procure a car. Best wishes is it new or used in Japan unregistered or registered one in Srilanka.

I hope this thread will not run into few pages like what you started early.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

My friends Civic FD3 has a voice controlled HU/GPS - in japanese, naturally.

The strange thing is that it opens the (HDD) audio player when you say "f%^&you!" in a slightly drawn out way - so obviously that's the first thing we say, if we happen to take a ride in that car.

He found a way to disable voice commands and responses. So I'm sure the OP can do that in her car, if she finds it annoying.

• Like 2

so these mysterious sentences.. are they coming from the SAT NAV?

and do telling us whats your car

OT : remember those mazda trucks with the japanese words with the reverse tone

My friends Civic FD3 has a voice controlled HU/GPS - in japanese, naturally.

The strange thing is that it opens the (HDD) audio player when you say "f%^&you!" in a slightly drawn out way - so obviously that's the first thing we say, if we happen to take a ride in that car.

He found a way to disable voice commands and responses. So I'm sure the OP can do that in her car, if she finds it annoying.

Plugged the set from my bro's fd3 into my

Ek, and I was greeted at startup by a jap babe who said something that sounded exactly like "five-o-clock and all is happening" every time. I wish I knew the reply to that was "faaarrrkyeewww"

so these mysterious sentences.. are they coming from the SAT NAV?

and do telling us whats your car

OT : remember those mazda trucks with the japanese words with the reverse tone

That stuff is funny, love them :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by Magnum

:) this is funny...it could be the GPS/Navi unit or even the media system...message being said is totally dependant on the model/brand of the fore-mentioned units themselves so the chances your messages being the same as everyone else's is quite small (the system i have in my RAV4 tells me the time, day and date every time I start up the car; as well as what that day commemorates.) it could also be the ETC unit asking you to insert your ETC card because there isn't one in it.

But really....it is easier to answer which came first; the chicken or the egg than this question :)

• Like 1

Thanks iRage.

When a person is totally new to something, he asks the stupidest questions. right? Same with you and same with me - I'm very excited about my new car and I want to know everything about it... I knew the answers to this questions would be similar to "join a Japanese class", "it's a ghost", "strange!!", "wired", "hire a tourist guide", etc etc... Anyway I have a habit of asking. :)

RA

p.s. You 'experts' (as everyone greets you guys) don't know everything about vehicles or even about your own vehicle. ;) I believe an Expert wouldn't bother/take the time to type something in a forum...

p.s. You 'experts' (as everyone greets you guys) don't know everything about vehicles or even about your own vehicle. ;) I believe an Expert wouldn't bother/take the time to type something in a forum...

Not saying I approve of the responses, but if that's what you believe, then why did you ask on the forum in the first place?

Thanks iRage.

When a person is totally new to something, he asks the stupidest questions. right? Same with you and same with me - I'm very excited about my new car and I want to know everything about it... I knew the answers to this questions would be similar to "join a Japanese class", "it's a ghost", "strange!!", "wired", "hire a tourist guide", etc etc... Anyway I have a habit of asking. :)

RA

Think of it this way.. If you suddenly woke up one day being a dude, would you run to the doctor to get advice on how to take your morning piss standing up? or would you goto the toilet and try do something yourself?

And on a slightly more serious note.. forget that you dont know any japanese, if you have heard this in "other cars" cant you compare to see if it sounds the same? at least count the number of words.. you dont have to come here and ask EVERYTHING..we understand that as a woman you suffer from inferior mental capability, but dont you know any males to ask this. If you were as smart as even the stupidest man, you might have at least tried to explain at what point you here these sentences or what triggers them. Maybe you should go back to making babies and cleaning the kitchen.

• Like 2

Think of it this way.. If you suddenly woke up one day being a dude, would you run to the doctor to get advice on how to take your morning piss standing up? or would you goto the toilet and try do something yourself?

And on a slightly more serious note.. forget that you dont know any japanese, if you have heard this in "other cars" cant you compare to see if it sounds the same? at least count the number of words.. you dont have to come here and ask EVERYTHING..we understand that as a woman you suffer from inferior mental capability, but dont you know any males to ask this. If you were as smart as even the stupidest man, you might have at least tried to explain at what point you here these sentences or what triggers them. Maybe you should go back to making babies and cleaning the kitchen.

I don't think so. thanks anyway I've learnt from you too :)

RA