• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is The Rim Called ?

Dinukap4

Question

11 answers to this question

Just so you know, those are banded wheels in the photos i.e. the rim has been widened to allow wider tires to be fitted. This done to steel wheels were stock looks need to be maintained, like the VW in the photo.

Just so you know, those are banded wheels in the photos i.e. the rim has been widened to allow wider tires to be fitted. This done to steel wheels were stock looks need to be maintained, like the VW in the photo.

I've read somewhere that the stock wheel can be cut (don't exactly know how), flipped over and re-welded to make it wider whilst keeping the original 'look' of the wheel.

I might have a photo somewhere, I'll scan it and upload it later.

• Like 1

That would be cheep i guess and would give a better look..

the issue of cutting up wheels and welding new wider dish is done a lot to these V*P cars, luckily they don't drive so fast....thing is they can be dangerous at very high speeds. The wheels shown in the bug though are deep dish steelies as they are known. Supposedly you can get these custom made to your spec. Not sure though! :)

the issue of cutting up wheels and welding new wider dish is done a lot to these V*P cars, luckily they don't drive so fast....thing is they can be dangerous at very high speeds. The wheels shown in the bug though are deep dish steelies as they are known. Supposedly you can get these custom made to your spec. Not sure though! :)

Thanks for that mate :) Would be great if some one knows where I could buy em or Custom build .

Thanks for that mate :) Would be great if some one knows where I could buy em or Custom build .

I remember that someone from the forum was going to do a DIY project on getting them custom made. You might want to run a search.

Edit:

Found it: http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/14325-banded-steel-wheels/

Edited by Davy
  • Like 1