• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Komisiripala

a little more progress today. the block was serviced, crakshaft spruced up and my ACL bearings put in place. its so nice to see it shaping up.

here's the cleaned P72's

photo1lpi.jpg

photo2ky.jpg

hopefully getting the valve cover sprayed tomorrow for baking. and i'm guessing they'll be on to the engine head by tomorrow as well. closer and closer every day. damn this is getitng good!

closer with each passing day. so today met up with kelum again. he had finished the block, and put the piston rings in with the cleaned pistons:

here's the before:

photo41ha.jpg

and this is the after:

photo1beh.jpg

and started working on the valve ports. so much gunk in there. unbeleivable. cleaned all of it out. bugger too his time doing this. nice to see some dedication!

photo2xvhv.jpg

and a few more pieces have gone into the engine bay. electricals mostly. fuse boxes et al. i guess you have to be as fanatical as i am to notice a little difference from last time

photo3rp.jpg

going to spend the whole of monday there. so lots mroe to update

• Like 2

so i thought i'll get to watch kelum work on the engine while someone else did the datto today.

not a chance. looks like kelum is the only bugger with an ounce of common sense and of course skill around int he garage. this is all we managed to do in the morning with the teg:

photo11yy.jpg

cleaned the valves, and then ground the inlets with valve grinding paste. guess the teg will be on hold tomorrow as well since the datsun is being worked on...

so i thought i'll get to watch kelum work on the engine while someone else did the datto today.

not a chance. looks like kelum is the only bugger with an ounce of common sense and of course skill around int he garage. this is all we managed to do in the morning with the teg:

photo11yy.jpg

cleaned the valves, and then ground the inlets with valve grinding paste. guess the teg will be on hold tomorrow as well since the datsun is being worked on...

Machan couldnt you get this done professionally by the engine re conditioner? I feel you would have got a little bit more if you did it that way specially since your looking for good performance. Just a thought anyways.

so! the block and head are finished! just a matter of placing the cams and the engine is done!

photo12vo.jpg

photo22j.jpg

inching closer to nirvana. kelum now goes to work on the timing belt on the 300ZX. i doubt i'll get to see any more progress until after new years...

just noticed that i do have flat faced valves. as opposed to the curved ones. very interesting. the spoon sports rumor just might be true. well one can live in hope, i guess.

here are the finished wheels. finally picked them up after powder coating:

photoiru.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

finally, we get the proverbial ball rolling. haiyyo after so long, it feels wierd when some work is actually done...

here's a shot from where i meditate. chanting "nam myoho rengek kyo" and hoping for miracles...

photo1hfot.jpg

so the springs are in, as are the cams, valves etc etc. bolted all the itty bitty pieces. and mounted the intake manifold for kicks.

photo21ri.jpg

photo41t.jpg

isn't that the loveliest thing you've ever seen?? i swear to you monica bellucci could have stood there with nothing but a pair of socks on, and i wouldn't have been this aroused...

There it is! Something I've been waiting for! Made me remember how I felt when the engine of my A72 was being put together... Man what a feeling that was. I can totally second the Monica Bellucci argument.

finally, we get the proverbial ball rolling. haiyyo after so long, it feels wierd when some work is actually done...

here's a shot from where i meditate. chanting "nam myoho rengek kyo" and hoping for miracles...

so the springs are in, as are the cams, valves etc etc. bolted all the itty bitty pieces. and mounted the intake manifold for kicks.

photo21ri.jpg

isn't that the loveliest thing you've ever seen?? i swear to you monica bellucci could have stood there with nothing but a pair of socks on, and i wouldn't have been this aroused...

Wow. what a sight! is that a new after market manifold ?

Not know much about engines, but I can surely say this engine looks so damn sexy!

those two orangy wheels (cam ) looks like Monicas tits wrapped by leather! lol

2persephone_in_red_dress_matrix_revoluti

• MADZ featured this topic
  • MADZ locked this topic