• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Komisiripala

Bugger works multiple garages. A good tinker is hard to come by. But this idiot doesn't realise that working regularly for a monthly pay is more lucrative than getting a penance daily and then blowing it at night.

What to do men can't change these people. It's really frustrating because everything else is done!

Indika has no control over this situ. He can't shout at the guy. Then bugger won't come. And I'm fcuked.

I really don't know what to do except dance to his tune! The way he does it, a 3 day dedicated job will take another month!

Edited by Komisiripala

Bugger works multiple garages. A good tinker is hard to come by. But this idiot doesn't realise that working regularly for a monthly pay is more lucrative than getting a penance daily and then blowing it at night.

What to do men can't change these people. It's really frustrating because everything else is done!

Indika has no control over this situ. He can't shout at the guy. Then bugger won't come. And I'm fcuked.

I really don't know what to do except dance to his tune! The way he does it, a 3 day dedicated job will take another month!

And there isn't anyone else who could do the job?

Nope. Indika wants an "istharam" job for me and doesn't want to trust the interior with any of the other monkeys. Mainly cos I did a lot of work on it. New seats, newly sprayed floor carpet and plastics, all the itr trims etc etc. he's properly worried, and wants the experienced oldie to handle it.

Yeah fair enough but he also needs to respect your desire to have the car completed with in a fair time period. You put in a lot of sweat, money and effort and its your god dam right to have the car to enjoy asap. He should go and get this bass to come and complete it for u. Feel sorry for u komi. Hope this guy comes soon to finish this off.

that's what they live for!

cant help it.

how about offering him a bit of extra cash (assuming budgets are not too tight)?

Man this is like postponing honeymoon after the wedding..

Can only imagine how frustrating this is for you... With this amount of patienet, you might not need a car anyways..rahath wela udin yanna puluwan wei machan..

Edited by trinity

yeah my dad says i'm a noticeably more patient man after all this. he finds the whole episode knee-slappingly hilarious.

and yes, irdiyen wadinna thamai wenne mehemath iwasala. habai keles duru karoth i won't be in love with the car no! maara scene.

ado ow oi, having driven it that day i was in tears. and its been over a month since then. its like being given in marriage to Danareus Targaryen (Game of thrones reference. google it!) and then being told to hold on to your penis and wait.

...indefinitely!

this is all he did over the last 2 days. install the shutters and mirrors

uft.jpg

Looks like the home stretch is taking it's merry time. Keep your eyes on the prize macho. This is out of your control but in the end you'll be strapped in on one of the finest rides in town :)

well, then, i went yesterday with an "ona pukak, preethi vesak" attitude and sat with the tinker-baas, worked with him from 4:30pm to 11:30pm.

and put 90% of the interior trim back in. i'm sure my mother must be sick from all his cursing right now.

we did the boot trim first, clipped all the wires and put the suede valances back in and finished that off

then the body harnesses, and all the other itty bitty wires on the floor. and the rear speakers and board and brake light

then in went the floor carpet, center console, gear boot, handbrake console.

next were the seatbelts, which gave quite a struggle til the very end. the black ones i brought down gave quite a scare. first we mounted the rears in front, and racked our heads about why the weren't spooling and reeling in. decided they were broken, and swapped the tan ones back in. then we realised that fcuk, those were the rear belts, and swapped the front ones again (which worked perfectly). and then had to remove them again to but the B pillar trim. and had to remove them yet again to put the floor carpet!

and in went the rear seats!

so all that's left now is the front seats, steering, glovebox and dashboard trim, wipers, and to finish the paint.

hurrah!

this is the only photo i could take before the battery died. will get some more of the progress soon:

rhcn.jpg

• Like 3

well, then, i went yesterday with an "ona pukak, preethi vesak" attitude and sat with the tinker-baas, worked with him from 4:30pm to 11:30pm.

Damn! what a monkey you got their, why doesn't he work without a string attached to the hip ?

Yeah. As nzer said I gave him motivation. I have a funny feeling he won't return for another week!

shi!t! time to kidnap him mate, at least circle a white van around his house!, Act like you are talking to "you know who" over a fake call etc ! :D

:speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004:

• Like 1

No machan body paint is done. The front and rear bumpers are all that's left. Since these are wraparound massive swaths of plastic, they tend to warp and crack the paint when you try to mount them after painting. So we have to mount before the final coat. Masking the front lights and removing the rear ones. Most likely painting today

No machan body paint is done. The front and rear bumpers are all that's left. Since these are wraparound massive swaths of plastic, they tend to warp and crack the paint when you try to mount them after painting. So we have to mount before the final coat. Masking the front lights and removing the rear ones. Most likely painting today

Just sharing my experience machan..

When i bought the front bumper with body kit, obviously had to paint it (it was Black also).. since i already had my stock bumper, i left the new one at the painter and it was painted without mounting to the car. Once the painting was done only i changed the bumpers.. No cracks and still looks as good as new... maybe i was lucky... :)

Mine cracks. Cracked before also. My quarter panels are very short, and bumper wraps around to meet it. Iri thalenawa kaanthaare-ta vessa wagé...

And the plastic is badly warped men. Shoddy previous repair jobs and overuse of cataloy. Explored the option of shipping one in but Malaysia is all out of the 98-01 facelift front bumpers

• Like 1

Mine cracks. Cracked before also. My quarter panels are very short, and bumper wraps around to meet it. Iri thalenawa kaanthaare-ta vessa wagé...

And the plastic is badly warped men. Shoddy previous repair jobs and overuse of cataloy. Explored the option of shipping one in but Malaysia is all out of the 98-01 facelift front bumpers

huh... i read it dropping one "S" and wondered whats the relativity of that kinda person in a desert to your bumper being cracked... lol.. then only realized it after reading it back..

• Like 2

here's what was done on that day. as obvious, nothing more was done since then. basically if i don't go, sh*t just stops. brilliant.

m1jn.jpg

08up.jpg

pifd.jpg

hgm5.jpg

heg1.jpg

the bumpers have been sanded and prepped for paint. all the clips brought down for the mudguards. they were toying with the front seat rails when i went today.

still missing the passenger front door wire harness. they'll be bolting the door trims once they find that.

the exhaust mod is the last thing that needs to be done. indika will be getting this out of the paint stall soon. probably tomorrow.

so close. yet so fcuking far...

• Like 1

• MADZ featured this topic
  • MADZ locked this topic