• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

I think it was a factory Nismo version.

It depends on who the owner is and etc. I assume it was legally imported as I think it was BRJW who imported it. Whether the correct taxes have been paid on it I do not know.

If the vehicle was legally imported and relevant duties paid, it will be released back to the owner. It might be confiscated later on, on other charges such as if the source of funds used to purchase it cannot be verified (so possibly illegal).

If the vehicle is confiscated by the state due to a violation of the customs ordinance and the relevant fines are not paid, the state reserves the right to destroy the vehicle or auction and recover what its due.

So the KE plates are fake. - If that is the case shouldn't the owner of the plates be charged? I know for a fact in some countries the ownership the plates lies with the govt and the vehicle owner is supposed to keep them with the relevant vehicle all the time. Otherwise the owner can be charged. Is n't that one of the purposes of this kind of number plates?

I'm not exactly sure about the the penalties applied in such a situation. The police probably will contact the original owner of the plates and try to establish if the number was given with the consent of the original owner.

Davy, I can't find the link now, but there was a picture by BRJW congratulating all drivers using cars supplied by them for their victories in a recently concluded racing even, and something that resembles the car is in it.

You don't have to register the car if it was bought purely for racing purposes I think. But then you can't run it on the road.

Agreed The Don. The thing is, this car was driven off the track as well according to news.

Check this link Davey

http://lankafocusnews.com/?p=30726

That article just confirmed what I said before. It clearly says that the car had met with an accident and the plates were changed AGAIN before it was put on the road.

Quoting the article:

"මෙය මීට ටික කලකට ඉහතදී අනතුරකට ලක්විය ඉන් පසුව අලුත්වැඩියා කටයුතු කර නැවත මෙසේ නොම්බර තහඩු වෙනස් කර නැවත ධාවනය සදහා යොදාගෙන ඇති බවට හෙළිවී ඇත."

I'm not exactly sure about the the penalties applied in such a situation. The police probably will contact the original owner of the plates and try to establish if the number was given with the consent of the original owner.Agreed The Don. The thing is, this car was driven off the track as well according to news. That article just confirmed what I said before. It clearly says that the car had met with an accident and the plates were changed AGAIN before it was put on the road. Quoting the article:"මෙය මීට ටික කලකට ඉහතදී අනතුරකට ලක්විය ඉන් පසුව අලුත්වැඩියා කටයුතු කර නැවත මෙසේ නොම්බර තහඩු වෙනස් කර නැවත ධාවනය සදහා යොදාගෙන ඇති බවට හෙළිවී ඇත."
I'm not sure of the credibility of the above gossip site and they know the difference of a tuned car and stock car :)

Wondering if they changed boot hence the new spoiler and the missing Nissan badge.

Edited by pug306xsi

I'm not sure of the credibility of the above gossip site and they know the difference of a tuned car and stock car :)

Wondering if they changed boot hence the new spoiler and the missing Nissan badge.

True. They're gossip sites after all. None of the official news sites/channels even said anything about the history of the car as far as I know.

On more exciting (and official) news, fuel prices are down! 92 Octane by 33 and Diesel by 16! :D

$53 Million In Shipwrecked Luxury Cars Is Headed For The Scrapyard

biz-insider-65x27_102440.gif
By Benjamin Zhang12 hours ago

View gallery

screen%20shot%202015-01-28%20at%201.05.3
Youtube/Wonkabar007 A damaged Rang Rover. The Höegh Osaka cargo ship that nearly capsizedoff of the southern coast of England earlier this month has been re-floated and towed back to port.

According to the BBC, the Norwegian-owned auto carrier and its cargo of more than 1,200 cars, SUVs, and construction equipment has been unloaded at the docks in Southampton, where the ship's journey originated more than three weeks ago.

On Jan. 3, t he Osaka's crew beached the vessel on the Brambles sandbar to prevent the ship from capsizing after it began listing shortly after leaving port.

With the ship now secure, the big question is, "What will happen to all those luxury cars and SUVs, worth between $45 to $53 million?"

Looking at the condition of the cars that have been driven off of the ship, they appear to be in better shape than expected. Some have emerged completely unharmed, while others have suffered some body damage.

The cars are likely going to be crushed in a scrap yard.

This has happened before.

In 2006, the car carrier Cougar Ace — like the Hoegh Osaka — developed a severe list off of the coast of Alaska. On board were 4,700 brand-new Mazdas headed for American dealerships.

According to Car and Driver, the ship's entire cargo of factory-fresh cars was crushed in scrap yards in the Pacific Northwest. The total cost to Mazda and its insurers: $103 million.

We've reached out to Jaguar Land Rover for comment on the fate of its cars that were on the Osaka and will update you when we hear back from the company.

In the meantime, here are some of the vehicles, with screenshots taken from a YouTube video:

This Range Rover Evoque looks dealer-worthy.

View gallery

screen%20shot%202015-01-28%20at%201.44.2
Youtube/Wonkabar007 This purple Jaguar XJL looks like it has emerged undamaged, as well.

View gallery

screen%20shot%202015-01-28%20at%201.47.1
Youtube/Wonkabar007 This Land Rover Defender 90 suffered a few dents — which actually enhance the off-roader's rugged looks.

View gallery

screen%20shot%202015-01-28%20at%201.45.1
Youtube/Wonkabar007 However, the dents on the rear door of this Range Rover Sport are less attractive.

View gallery

screen%20shot%202015-01-28%20at%201.45.5
Youtube/Wonkabar007 This Land Rover Discovery/LR4 still has a protective film covering its hood.

View gallery

screen%20shot%202015-01-28%20at%201.46.2
Youtube/Wonkabar007 Not all of the cars spotted today were JLR cars. A nearly perfect MINI also made an appearance.

View gallery

screen%20shot%202015-01-28%20at%201.44.5
Youtube/Wonkabar007

Saw a post doing rounds on FB saying to report all vehicles sporting the Red and Blue strobes to 119. How effective will that t be to curb the menace of these assholes?

Current laws (no lights above the headlight level) CAN address the issue, but with all politicos abusing these traffic lights and such strobes no-one actually bothered to stop them. But with the new government ditching the whole motorcade/convoy practice the wanna-be VIPs would be flagged down for these stunts.

Check this out, courtesy the Toyota Aqua Club of Sri Lanka!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.1013013598727260&type=1

Apparently an Aqua has turned turtle during an evasive manoeuvre at 30kmph! Is that even possible? While I feel bad for the owner, I'm just curious, can a car turn turtle at such low speeds? Aren't Japs designed with such scenarios in mind? I know most Euros conform to the moose test. But turning turtle at 30kmph? Also below is the reason given by the owner. Any thoughts?

"...the tare weight is 1050 kg and with four passengers... Atleast it adds up another 250 Kg...so it was about 1.3 Tons of weight.. And the lifting force came with centripetal force and from the springs... Since the car is very low and all weights are close to bottom... Center of gravity is very low..."

In other news watch out for the Toyota Aqua Parade happening on the 1st of March :)

It's probably gone yellow as a result of the white paint being exposed to the elements. No clear coat under there you know.

If you're talking about the layer that appears like a thick paste, it's the factory undercoating. Applied to prevent damage to the sheet metal as rocks and debris are thrown about inside the wheel well. Also as a soundproofing mechanism.

It's probably gone yellow as a result of the white paint being exposed to the elements. No clear coat under there you know.

If you're talking about the layer that appears like a thick paste, it's the factory undercoating. Applied to prevent damage to the sheet metal as rocks and debris are thrown about inside the wheel well. Also as a soundproofing mechanism.

My van also has this, yes its like a thick paste,

Thanks dude!

• MADZ locked this topic