• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

why u no like NFS Hot Pursuit 2010? it's online play was awesome, offline play was great too... I loved weapons that game offered- EMP, spike strip, jammers, turbo, helicopters, roadblocks etc... taking down rivals in online play was very fun too. My favourites are HP 2010 and most wanted 1

Edited by Jor-el

Hot Pursuit was well received by critics at E3 2010 and was most notably awarded with "Best Racing Game" from the 2010 Game Critics Awards as well as several other media outlets. Upon its release, Hot Pursuit was met with high critical acclaim averaging 90% on both review aggregate websites Metacritic and GameRankings, making it the highest-rated game in Need for Speed series history and one of the seventh generation's highest-rated racing games. It won several Best Racing Game awards, including Best Driving Game at Spikes 2010 Video Game Awards. The game also won a BAFTA Award for its Autolog multiplayer component. Critics praised the games graphics, visuals, crashes, sound and soundtrack, excellent presentation, dramatic races, high-speed chases as well as the new Autolog feature and that it brought the series back to its roots.

Handling! Underground had quite realistic handling. After Underground 2 handling became way too easy, NFS became quite arcade after that. You dont even have to hit the brakes to take turns

I mostly enjoyed NFS 2, NFS 3 HP and NFS 5 Porsche Unleashed (Multiplayer was fun) and Under Ground. Haven’t played HP 2010, because I don’t have a decent gaming rig now :(

Edited by Reckless

Ahh, that never crossed my mind :D I have long forgotten underground so cant remember its handling characteristics :(

But in NFS HP2 I remember using e-brake to take turns and handling was quite challenging. Plus, it had a damage meter so it was crucial you avoid hitting side rails and stuff cause that drained the health meter. And sudden turns and 180's were necessary to avoid EMP lock-ons and spike strip droppings of other players, and also roadblocks.

Have you tried hot pursuit online play? Thats quite challenging especially if you are a racer fleeing from the cops.

I'm feeling like reinstalling and start playing it again from scratch right now :D

Reckless, imo You dont need a high performance gaming rig to run HP2, My friend's i5 4gig laptop was able to play HP 2 without lag whatsoever. graphics are somewhat low quality when compared to PC but nevertheless it was quite playable and enjoyable. Just give it a try.

Edited by Jor-el

Reckless, imo You dont need a high performance gaming rig to run HP2, My friend's i5 4gig laptop was able to play HP 2 without lag whatsoever. graphics are somewhat low quality when compared to PC but nevertheless it was quite playable and enjoyable. Just give it a try.

Yeah man, that's exactly what I have, a i5 2nd gen with 4GB ram and radeon graphics, I was able to run GTA IV on it but it started over heating while playing for about 30mins then triggers a thermal shutdown. I stopped playing games on it after that. I like my graphics higher than normal, for me that’s when I can “feel” the game more. Need to build a gaming rig so badly to play these awesome games again.

Yours will be able to run HP2 without thermal issues ( is it a hp? hp laps tend to overheat more frequently compared to dell/lenovo/asus ) the laptop I mentioned was a dell WITHOUT a dedicated VGA. So your laptop will surely be able to run it

Edited by Jor-el

On the topic of laptops... do u guys know if the processor of a laptop can be upgraded with another one of the same socket type? Has anyone tried that kind of experiment? I couldn't find much details on this even on Google.

Yours will be able to run HP2 without thermal issues ( is it a hp? hp laps tend to overheat more frequently compared to dell/lenovo/asus ) the laptop I mentioned was a dell WITHOUT a dedicated VGA. So your laptop will surely be able to run it

Yeah its a HP, I will try to run HP2 on it, I hope its not demanding as GTA IV.

On the topic of laptops... do u guys know if the processor of a laptop can be upgraded with another one of the same socket type? Has anyone tried that kind of experiment? I couldn't find much details on this even on Google.

If the mobo and chipset supports it I think it can be upgraded. For an example, I have seen my core i5 laptop with different processor configurations, core i3, i5 and i7 but same mobo.

I guess it is 9500GT/9800GT (VGA) that was the popular model when it was dual core era

older, 9400GT :P

bdw when im upgrading I dont buy a whole new PC, I upgrade.

Edited by Magnum

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Magnum" data-cid="275764" data-time="1428296605"><p>

<br />

older, 9400GT :P<br />

bdw when im upgrading I dont buy a whole new PC, I upgrade.</p></blockquote>

Close enough

*-like a boss-*

• MADZ locked this topic