• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What To Buy For A Permit

walkernet

Question

16 answers to this question

We have three classes of citizens in Sri Lanka Today.

1st class citizen - Allowed to purchase a vehicle Totally Duty free.

2nd class citizen - Allowed to purchase a vehicle with reduced duty

3rd class citizen - Available to purchase only after paying Maximum duty.

Seriously man, My point exactly. Do you open threads like this in "fashion forums" when you want to buy lets say a new jacket?

Ok sorry about that then, I was just asking for some others opinions. If it offended you this much so sorry about that. You seemed like an old member, so you know better than me ne, thanks for the warm response.

Ok sorry about that then, I was just asking for some others opinions. If it offended you this much so sorry about that. You seemed like an old member, so you know better than me ne, thanks for the warm response.

Why are you asking for "opinions"??? You're not buying a car to share with whoever gives their opinions right.. Why dont you get yourself an umbrella, and go take a walk around the office carpark and see what YOU like. Then call the agent for whatever car and ask them if its offered on the permit.. is that so hard??

oh...this was a serious question...

well you should buy what you want to buy and not what other people think you should buy (unfortunately for SL's car culture/environment most people do the latter instead of the former thus the sea of mundane vehicles and misconceptions about some vehicles/brands...for example;lets face it, in SL you can sell any piece of s&!t as long as it has a Toyota badge on it). What you want to buy depends on you and we cannot advise you on that as I am pretty certain none of us know you (thus I hope you can see why you were replied to with such brash cynicism).

As for what options you have for the permit, although I am not in SL I believe if you open up any newspaper and/or call a few car dealers/agents or go through classified ads you would see what options are available for the permit you are entitled to. Out of these options,if you want to find out technical specifications, user experiences, etc there are plenty of threads on the forum that you can go through (FYI...there are tons of discussions on the Allion in topics which I am sure even Toyota didn't have when designing the car). If already available information is not sufficient or you need clarification on something there would be plenty of people to help you out....also you have to keep in mind that part of the fun of this forum is the sarcasm and humor of the memebers

• Like 2

It should be the other way around... You are classifying Politicians as 1st class citizen which is clearly not the case....

People usually get offended when you ask for their voluntary opinions first and then go on expressing your views against theirs. Instead it should have been more diplomatic had your OP read like "Hey guys, currently I own a government vehicle permit and my budget is around 45-50 lkhs. If you were me what do you buy?" Then see if you are with the majority of not instead of commenting on or criticizing their views. If I were you I would have gone for a Premio.

• Like 3

People who buy vehicles usually first have a clue on whether they want a sedan or a hatchback or a van or an SUV or a pick-up, so on an so forth, based on what they intend to use the vehicle for, their life-style, the type of journeys and places they will go, how many people and how much gear they will have to carry, etc, etc.

Edited by HardHat
  • Like 1

It should be the other way around... You are classifying Politicians as 1st class citizen which is clearly not the case....

Yeah you are correct! Politicians are in a class of their own, no rules regulations or laws apply to them! :sport-smiley-003:

People usually get offended when you ask for their voluntary opinions first and then go on expressing your views against theirs. Instead it should have been more diplomatic had your OP read like "Hey guys, currently I own a government vehicle permit and my budget is around 45-50 lkhs. If you were me what do you buy?" Then see if you are with the majority of not instead of commenting on or criticizing their views. If I were you I would have gone for a Premio.

+1 for that

Yeah you are correct! Politicians are in a class of their own, no rules regulations or laws apply to them! :sport-smiley-003:

lol !! Our politicians travel by public transport (They buy a luxury ride and the public end up paying for it AND the fuel.)