• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer Or Axio? Update: Bought A Lancer! (Aka The B.r.a.t.t. Thread)

Bracket

Question

Hello Experts,

Excited to join Autolanka forums :D Waited almost for month for an admin to approve me ... anyway, whoever the admin that approved me, :smilie_liebe12:

Last December, I sold my good old Maruti WagonR ( 2008 model, 5yrs old, driven for 30000+ Kms) For 1.6mil. I was searching for a good car to buy ever since. ( that's how I ended up on autolanka) So now that I finally got approved I thought it's time to get expert ideas on buying my new vehicle.

My budget is 3.5mil - 4.0mil. I wanted to buy a japanese car and browsing the internet, Finally I decided that there are two contenders:

1. Toyota axio 161 1.3 X Grade (2013)

2. Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1.6 GLX (2013)

Both the cars ( Brand New ) are being sold for 3.5 mil. for the permit. ( Lancer : 3,460,000 to be exact)

My priorities are:

-RELIABILITY
-Fuel Economy

-Spare Parts Availability

-Safety And comfort

-Handling

-Looks

- Resale value

Axio Dealers are mainly bragging of TOYOTA Reliability and Spare parts availability. They assured me I'm in deep trouble if I choose a mitsubishi because there are no spare parts in local market and I would have to buy spare parts only from agent paying a huge amount of money and I have to wait till eternity for mitsubishi agents to import parts from japan. And they also mentioned that unlike axio, I won't be able to sell the mitsubishi for a decent price. (if I wanted to, of course)

I called mitsu agents and they say they have spare parts for any vehicle they sell and I don't have to worry. However the sales guy said he have no idea on 3rd party parts availability.

So as you all can see i'm in a dilemma here. If you were in my position which car would you buy? And please be kind enough to mention why.. :)

This is my first post on autolanka, so please go easy on me if I have offended any rule.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Bracket

I also love our vehicles and i spend a minute or two with them in the garage before i go to sleep,

and when i'm fed up of working i go to our garage and look at them and think of the fun times that we shared(with the vehicles)

But the thing is we have a badge loyality too and we had a mitsubishi in our garage for more than 1/2 of my life time,

so I don't like Mitsubishi being condemned,

I never expect them to close down, as the same was told around 2000 for Kia, Ssangyong and even Nissan but a decade later the brands still excists.

And even if by any chance it will close down we would maintain our mitsubishis extreamly well as there won't be any new ones produced.

I also love our vehicles and i spend a minute or two with them in the garage before i go to sleep,

and when i'm fed up of working i go to our garage and look at them and think of the fun times that we shared(with the vehicles)

But the thing is we have a badge loyality too and we had a mitsubishi in our garage for more than 1/2 of my life time,

I never expect them to close down, as the same was told around 2000 for Kia, Ssangyong and even Nissan but a decade later the brands still excists.

And even if by any chance it will close down we would maintain our mitsubishis extreamly well as there won't be any new ones produced.

Sorry I hurt your feelings.I've had 4 Mitsubishis in my life and have two in my garage right now.BUT I would never ever call them the best cars in the world or say other cars are not...I won't even call a Ferrari that...Because the best car is subjective and differs from one individual to another.
Better have a word with Bucket OP for bringing disrespect for your beloved brand.
The truth is Mitsubishi has been dropping the ball with their products and reaping the reward for it now.Expect major shake up in the company.
Edited by MasterDon
  • Like 1

I love my car so much I brought it flowers on Valentines day

How sweet of you

I love my car so much I brought it flowers on Valentines day
I love my car so much I whisper to it "good night" every night

Autolove.png

Can't agree more :)

Dear friends,

I am in the same boat as Bracket and like to it go for an EX. My hope to keep it as it is till the guarantee expires and then modify/rice it to look like an Evo.Mitsubishi Corporation says that they offer 5speed MT in there web site. http://www.new-lancer.com/gene/en/productinfo/performance02_04.php So at the moment I am worrying about AT or MT. So can you please advice me to which one will be nice if you wish to modify it later.

Other concern for MT is the fuel cons./Don't blame me as thel higanna... but it matters.

PS: can local agents restrict some basic features like MT, Interior color like that for permit holders. Can we get any solution by writing it to mother company?

Dear friends,

I am in the same boat as Bracket and like to it go for an EX. My hope to keep it as it is till the guarantee expires and then modify/rice it to look like an Evo.Mitsubishi Corporation says that they offer 5speed MT in there web site. http://www.new-lancer.com/gene/en/productinfo/performance02_04.php So at the moment I am worrying about AT or MT. So can you please advice me to which one will be nice if you wish to modify it later.

Other concern for MT is the fuel cons./Don't blame me as thel higanna... but it matters.

PS: can local agents restrict some basic features like MT, Interior color like that for permit holders. Can we get any solution by writing it to mother company?

Machan... just go there and tell them in a loud voice to either give u an MT or get stuffed. Talk to a manager not to a salesman.

If they can, they will.

• Like 1

Dear friends,

Welcome to my boat , mate :D

Yes, they HAVE restricted us from altering specs they offer IF you are a permit holder.

Specs they offer for the permit are listed below.

BTW Which one is you gonna buy? GLX or GLS?

GLX Specs:

gfv0.png

GLS Specs:

aujq.png

Edited by Bracket

MT is cheaper. But if you don't have a permit why not go for a galant fortis? Bloody beautiful car, that

If the Evo is out of the question, that is the best option I see in this Lancer. And that would be a really cool base to customise and build an awesome car.

• Like 1

Dear friends,

Are you buying it on a permit? If so bracket stated there you HAVE to go for a A/T.

If you're not buying it on a permit, and and you plan to modify it why bother getting a brand new one. You might as well save some money by buying a 2nd hand car. I'm sure your "modifications" will end up discarding a lot components which are in pretty good condition anyway.

Are you buying it on a permit? If so bracket stated there you HAVE to go for a A/T.

If you're not buying it on a permit, and and you plan to modify it why bother getting a brand new one. You might as well save some money by buying a 2nd hand car. I'm sure your "modifications" will end up discarding a lot components which are in pretty good condition anyway.

Come to think of it, Exactly! Why bother with a brand new one? You can buy a half decent one second hand and go to town on it straightaway.