• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Or Mitsu?

Bracket

Question

Guys,

I'm posting this on behalf of one of my friend who's going to buy a vehicle (B/N)

He was about to go for a Honda, honda City to be exact. I recommended him the mitsubishi lancer beacuse it is a japanese vehicle while Honda is an indian made one.

Both the cars are in same price bracket - 3.5 mil, but the city comes loaded with all the accessories including paddle shift too, my friend said.

So guys, if it were you, what would you buy? Mind this car is a keeper, he bought a permit for 8 lakhs and He won't be replacing the car in 5 years. Plus, he's doing a 60km drive a day, so good fuel economy and reliability is expected. He was about to buy a prius but after seeing recently toyota has did a mass recall, he has changed his mind.

Edited by Bracket

Is the Prius in question being sold brand new? If it comes with the Toyota 5 year warranty you should consider it as its a good car for what it is. I think the agents does offer Honda Hybrids.

The fuel saving is only a factor if you are a heavy user. In that case please also compare the purchase cost of a Diesel like the 141 Diesel which is offered in SL.

Wow,Anti Prius-ness taken to the extreme by some people.I know I was one of the first to lock horns with Cali and his hybrid propaganda,but that was in 2010 when hybrids were new to the market and if one broke down then you were screwed.Now four years on things have changed.We have official agent support and we have established places who can take care of these cars...Yes most of the owners are oblivious dickheads and the cars themselves are not god's gift to man as some believe but what can you do...

OP Bucket has basically screwed his friend by turning him away from Prii.Because the indian City is a pile of crap and the Lancer will depreciate fast while getting low mileage,high price spares etc...This is what happens when one clueless idiot gives advice to another.Aney hukey!

• Like 1

Err by any chance you didnt meant Hybrid Synergy Drive, did you? :o

Yes :) There was a pic of a Mazda 4 with a HSD badge on it...was just yanking your chain on that one...

basically the point was that there is nothing wrong with the Prius...although it is not god's gift to mankind and the solution to end all problems as most owners claim it to be it is a good econo box that will get you from A to B albeit it would be soulless and boring to drive for a motorhead :)

@iRage : ahh now only I understood :D

@Don : He is going to buy a brand new vehicle don. Don't think he'll fancy a diesel car though

@Lord of the newbies: He havent made the purchase yet so he's not screwed.. he can still go for the prii if he wants

LOL.!! What a load of bull sh##t on that pther forum post.. :D

Mitsubishi hasn't been a “high volume” player for a while because they can’t sell their damn products...! ”… always concentrated on performance cars…” :sarcastic_hand:

All in all, I think Watchman said it best. The guy sounds like the type who wouldn't know any better if he was in an Evo or in a Prius. So let the man save some fuel money and buy the Prius. And more than likely, the dude will flip it at the 5 year mark so he won't have to deal with any major repairs (unless he lands the runt of the litter)

But please please please, for the sake of the rest of us, tell him to at least keep up with the speed limit.

If he can extend his budget upwards to about 3.8 million I have seen a few 2C based 141s for sale at around that price. Old school bulltet proof engineering and in Sri Lanka you can always sell a Corolla, particularly a Diesel. Whether its worth that much I don't know since a petrol can be had for about 3 million....

Edited by The Don

Yep already told him to do so. Dunno if he's waiting to get approved :o But now I've a hunch regardless what I say he'll go for a city. He's speaking very high about its features. We'll see when he join the forum.

Nah civic hybrid is also boring. Just not right. Dunno about crz. Or whether we'll ever see/drive one of those hyper hybrids from Porsche or mclaren

I guess it all comes down to personal preference and driving habits then. I drive a Civic Hybrid and never found it boring. Of course, it's nothing like the 1.8 Civic but still beats the hell out of something like an Axio. The CRZ driving experience is even better (at least for me).

Edited by ramishkad

I guess it all comes down to personal preference and driving habits then. I drive a Civic Hybrid and never found it boring. Of course, it's nothing like the 1.8 Civic but still beats the hell out of something like an Axio. The CRZ driving experience is even better (at least for me).

Machang do you realize you're going away from the buyer's requirements and asking him to get a car that you like?

Ever driven a Civic Hybrid mate?

Or the CRZ Hybrid?

No

and Kinda (well been on a CRZ not driven one)

CRZ is not the best of hybrids out there.

1.) even though they sell it as a 4 seater. you cant use the back seats if you have legs

2.) the rear visibility is so poor it felt like reversing a lamborghini

3.) its not that fast or sport, it still takes over 10 seconds to reach 100 and thats the same as my corona and aerio so whats sporty about it?.

sure its better to drive than a prius but as a car to be used everyday. No.

i respect that car, coz its one of the first cars that showed that a hybrid can be fun but still more improvement to be done

the only hybrid that i have liked so far is the Fit hybrid. somehow that feels a bit better than the rest, maybe just me.

Machang do you realize you're going away from the buyer's requirements and asking him to get a car that you like?

I was merely commenting on the generalization of hybrids argument. I wasn't enforcing my opinion on anyone. Sorry for going off topic anyway.

WoW.

Cant thank you enough aa.

:D

Will deffa do...

If you come across such GREAT news in future please let me know too machang k? Thank you again for your valuable time.

Gotta go spread the rumour. Bye for now! Toyota, you are going down!