• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Rav4 (2003), Corolla 141 (2008) Or Lancer Ex (2008)

ranley

Question

I'm planning on buying a manual trnsmission vehicle and narrowed it down to the above 3. Need to know which is the most comfortable vehicle to drive, and for which model is spares freely available. any other advice too is welcome (ie speed, performance, fuel economy etc.)

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Crosswind" data-cid="260718" data-time="1398696987"><p>

In 2011, the average price of a 2008 axio was 4.2-4.4million. The average price of an Ex was 3.5-3.6million. In 2014, the same axio can be sold at about 3.4 million and the ex for about 3.1 million. Axios have had a bigger price drop than lancers. U call tht a good second market?If u do some basic calculations, soon u will find that the vehicle that holds the best second market in the 3 million range is mazda axela.People in this country 'follow the herd' like buffaloes. Thats why u see so many axios and premios on the road.</p></blockquote>

Really ?average price ? Are you kidding? the x grade was35-38 ,x limited 37-40, g grade 40-43, luxel 45-48. There are grades which varies with prices. You are trying to imply a drop of the 2nd market by saying a luxel bought for 48 is sold today for 34. thats wrong. Just a drop of about 1 lack is acceptable. In the case of ex it is quite humiliating

In 2011, the average price of a 2008 axio was 4.2-4.4million. The average price of an Ex was 3.5-3.6million. In 2014, the same axio can be sold at about 3.4 million and the ex for about 3.1 million. Axios have had a bigger price drop than lancers. U call tht a good second market? If u do some basic calculations, soon u will find that the vehicle that holds the best second market in the 3 million range is mazda axela. People in this country 'follow the herd' like buffaloes. Thats why u see so many axios and premios on the road.

I couldn't have said it any better.

thanks LashNeo, I'IIm not saying EX is a bad car. All I'IIm saying is axio suits the conditions of our country,economy,second market more than Ex. If you don'dondont agree with me ,tell me you see hundteds of axios on roads while you cant see at least ten of Exs

The number of vehicles on the road doesn't say anything about how good or bad that particular model is. Take the Honda Insight for example, our Sri Lankan fuel economy fans have made it a very common car here whereas it's actually a failed model that Honda had to discontinue. Another example is that there obviously are a lot of Suzuki Altos on the road than Toyota Axios, does that mean the Alto is better?

• Like 4

I couldn't have said it any better.

The number of vehicles on the road doesn't say anything about how good or bad that particular model is. Take the Honda Insight for example, our Sri Lankan fuel economy fans have made it a very common car here whereas it's actually a failed model that Honda had to discontinue. Another example is that there obviously are a lot of Suzuki Altos on the road than Toyota Axios, does that mean the Alto is better?

+1

Go and answer that axio fan boys!

as I can remember couple of years ago even a axio x grade was over 3.8m, now around 3.3m, still over priced but the price has droped.

Edited by asrock

axio 141 has been able to maintain that much of market even though it was replaced by a new version 161. ex is not replaced by a new version but still losing the market. How about thatthat?

The basic reason for axios and all toyotas having supposedly higher value is because of people like you who imagine that Toyotas are somehow magically better than all other car brands. This is a problem that is common to most uninformed, ignorant car buyers in SL mostly because their equally uniformed friends/relatives/neigbours etc all think the same.

Anyway speaking of your specific argument:

If you bothered to go look at the classifieds

http://autolanka.com...=22&search=axio

You'd see fairly quickly that the average asking prices for Axios now are in the 3.3-3.5 range and mind you just because people ask those prices doesn't mean they are going to get them

As for the lancer EX

http://autolanka.com...earch=Lancer EX

there are only two right now and the asking prices are pretty much the same as the axio.

So where does that leave your argument?

Really ?average price ? Are you kidding? the x grade was35-38 ,x limited 37-40, g grade 40-43, luxel 45-48. There are grades which varies with prices. You are trying to imply a drop of the 2nd market by saying a luxel bought for 48 is sold today for 34. thats wrong. Just a drop of about 1 lack is acceptable. In the case of ex it is quite humiliating

Let's be honest first. I'm biased towards the EX as you are biased of the Axio. But when you suggest a car to a some other person who are trying to make up his mind on a ride, you should not let your feelings for a particular car get in the way of the credibility of the information provided.

Can give many examples of price drops with regard to vehicles in Sri Lankan market. Just yesterday a person know to me sold his 2008 brand new imported prado for 8 million, big price huh? He bought it for 14 million. How about that drop? Same guy trying to sell his Fortuner bought in jan 2014 for at least for 8.3 mill where as he bought it for 8.6 mil. Car has just done 8000 kms. I bought these two examples up merely they are considered as gold from Toyota and worshiped in Sri Lanka for having a good market prices.

Look what happen to the people who bought the 141 and 2008 premios. and do you know the current market price of a second hand vitz now? All are Toyota cars like your pretty little Axio. And how many luxels you see on the road or in the market for sale? Most of the Axio imports were X and G grades and as crosswind mentioned they were at 4 mill mark.

So according to your perspective all cars loose market value in big numbers are not good. The ones that doesn't are the good ones. In that context all beemers mercs landys alfas and what nots are just shites rite? Do you see how narrow minded you are.

You say Axio handles well than the lancer and is comfortable too. I don't know about you but in my experience my 2001 Lancer CS handles way more better than the Axio. Yes driven more than enough axios to come that conclusion. Just go rathnapura horana road and try to atleast keep up with a leyland bus, you'll see the handling of your axio Machan.

I dint want to get in to this conversation but couldn't resist seeing the way you behave here.

Simply, the car you own is not always the best car and your opinion is not always the correct one. So try to respect others and try to lean things before you preach.

• Like 8

In 2011, the average price of a 2008 axio was 4.2-4.4million. The average price of an Ex was 3.5-3.6million. In 2014, the same axio can be sold at about 3.4 million and the ex for about 3.1 million. Axios have had a bigger price drop than lancers. U call tht a good second market? If u do some basic calculations, soon u will find that the vehicle that holds the best second market in the 3 million range is mazda axela. People in this country 'follow the herd' like buffaloes. Thats why u see so many axios and premios on the road.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... Don't say these things in public...

You say Axio handles well than the lancer and is comfortable too. I don't know about you but in my experience my 2001 Lancer CS handles way more better than the Axio.

Adding to Trinity's point, I am a person who used a Lancer CS 2001 for 3 years which I bought for 1.5 mil in 2009 and sold for 1.75 in 2012 within 2 days of posting the advertisement.

And sathyajithj99, you are questioning about secondhand sell-ability of these vehicles.

Open you eyes and see where the value is in vehicles without merely following the heard.

Edited by Harry (aq)

Some of my past experience...

Fiat Punto bought 18/25 sold 20/50, Proton Impian bought 14/30 sold 16, Chevrolet Cruze bought 15/25 sold 17/40, TOYOTA COROLLA 110 bought 15/65 sold 15/-, Ford Mondeo bought 15/- sold 17/25

and it was the 110 that had most repairs

Resale value of Toyota... my A$$

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 1

Some of my past experience...

Fiat Punto bought 18/25 sold 20/50, Proton Impian bought 14/30 sold 16, Chevrolet Cruze bought 15/25 sold 17/40, TOYOTA COROLLA 110 bought 15/65 sold 15/-, Ford Mondeo bought 15/- sold 17/25

and it was the 110 that had most repairs

Resale value of Toyota... my A$$

You are the bloody reason that some of us cant pick cheap cars.. LOL!!!

• Like 1

thanks LashNeo, I'IIm not saying EX is a bad car. All I'IIm saying is axio suits the conditions of our country,economy,second market more than Ex. If you don'dondont agree with me ,tell me you see hundteds of axios on roads while you cant see at least ten of Exs

Well by that logic you have 100's of average women and only one Scarlet Johansson, so which one is better ?

Edited by The Stig
  • Like 8

Could you kindly explain scientifically how a reconditioned vehicle is more suitable to SL condition than a brand new vehicle made to order? would love to pick your brain on this matter.

. Just go rathnapura horana road and try to atleast keep up with a leyland bus, you'll see the handling of your axio Machan.

ha..ha... exactly machan, thats my daily route to work and its a common experience after Ingiriya.

• Like 1

Sheesh the way these newbies act is disgusting... I wonder of its the work of one asshole... one after the other they turn up... should ban all of these idiots.... This is my personal (family)experience why axios are overlpriced boxes on wheels...

Axio G grade 2008.. 1500 petrol with triptronic.Cost nearly 3.9 million.. It does only 9kmpl in city with AC (not very heavy on the pedal(40- 50 kmph))..

Audi A4 1996...Its 1800cc petrol with manual gears.Cost only 16 lacks... It does 10kmpl in the city with AC ( always heavy on the pedal ( 70 -80 kmph) )

Thel higannas freak when they ask kohomada petrol on the Audi... Even when it comes to spares Audi parts are not too high,some parts are cheaper than jap brands. The Audi is a pleasure to drive with the 1800 engine roaring.. prestige wise its way beyond Axio... what I am saying is Axio is a bullshit car.. Dont get me started on Allions and Premios or the stupid hybrids.. Pity our toyota cows dont get the truth into there bloody heads... A friend has a Lancer EX. Its super.no other words super... Our axio is left in the dust always when going on both cars... The audi ofcos is still ahead... my point is dont discriminate other cars and say Axio is good. Its not... thanx (sorry for going bit OT)

• Like 6