• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Rav4 (2003), Corolla 141 (2008) Or Lancer Ex (2008)

ranley

Question

I'm planning on buying a manual trnsmission vehicle and narrowed it down to the above 3. Need to know which is the most comfortable vehicle to drive, and for which model is spares freely available. any other advice too is welcome (ie speed, performance, fuel economy etc.)

One is a crossover and the other two are sedans.

Lancer EX will be the most comfortable. You will find it easier to get spares for the 141 and Rav4. Lancer will be better on performance. 141 and Lancer should be virtually the same on fuel consumption, RAV4 will be worst. If you can buy an Axio instead of the 141, that would be the better choice. If I had to choose between these three only, I would go for the Lancer.

• Like 2

The Rav 4 has pretty good fuel consumption for the type of car. The 3 door short wheel version records 40mpg as a manual, to use as a guidance. The consumption of the 5 door wagon would obviously be more, and worse if auto.

So I have narrowed it down to the RAV4 2002 -2003 model since there are many RAV4's advertised with manual transmission. Are spare parts drastically expensive compared to the Toyota corolla?

The simple answer is no. Spare part prices at same quality of most Japanese vehicles hover around the same prices. Availability is relative to popularity of the vehicle. I don't think you'll have issues finding spares though as many Rav4 manuals in question were imported brand new by TL who will stock spares.

If you are interested in huying a sedan, say no to both 141 and lancer. Buy a 141 axio. Way better on fuel (17km/ll),comfort and 2nd market

Okay so now the best sedan is the Axio. :rolleyes: Is fuel consumption the only thing one should look for in a car? Have you even driven a Lancer EX to be comparing your Axio with it? It may be good on fuel, but it cannot match the handling and comfort of the Lancer EX.

^ Im so jealous after seeing your profile pic :/ someday I too will be able to buy a 141 axio.. @feeling hopeful :'(

You placed an order for a Lancer EX a few months ago right? This is like fantasizing about Ch@thurika Peir!s when Eva Mendes is in bed with you.

• Like 1

If you are interested in huying a sedan, say no to both 141 and lancer. Buy a 141 axio. Way better on fuel (17km/ll),comfort and 2nd market

The axio is a little over priced. The basic X grade is over 3.3m, you can get a 2008 Lancer Ex GLS with all the options for that price.

have you ever driven an axio and felt how good it is with handling. and st importantly it has a very good second market compairing with lancer ex. I think you are talking about evo. it is a better car but axio is always ahead of ex. and for adeveloping country like ours ,fuel economy is a big deal.

• Like 1

Should we start explaining the difference? Should we waste our time and finally make this thread another thel hinganna one? No I don't think so.

I can't be bothered machan. Even if we explain everything technically (why the EX is better than the Axio), I doubt he will understand anything anyway.

One thing to clarify though.. I have driven the Axio and the Lancer EX (more than just a couple of times) although it seems that Mr. Optimus Prime has only driven the Axio in his entire life and speaking out of total partiality.

• Like 2

have you ever driven an axio and felt how good it is with handling. and st importantly it has a very good second market compairing with lancer ex. I think you are talking about evo. it is a better car but axio is always ahead of ex. and for adeveloping country like ours ,fuel economy is a big deal.

Could you elaborate on the meaning of the word 'handling'?

• Like 2

Could you elaborate on the meaning of the word 'handling'?

Is it that hard to understand? He means it can take a sharp turn at 35Km/h maintaining that impressive fuel economy of 22.36kmpl.

Axio’s just Rock Man !! Amen to AXIO !!

• Like 1

thanks LashNeo, I'IIm not saying EX is a bad car. All I'IIm saying is axio suits the conditions of our country,economy,second market more than Ex. If you don'dondont agree with me ,tell me you see hundteds of axios on roads while you cant see at least ten of Exs

In 2011, the average price of a 2008 axio was 4.2-4.4million. The average price of an Ex was 3.5-3.6million. In 2014, the same axio can be sold at about 3.4 million and the ex for about 3.1 million. Axios have had a bigger price drop than lancers. U call tht a good second market?

If u do some basic calculations, soon u will find that the vehicle that holds the best second market in the 3 million range is mazda axela.

People in this country 'follow the herd' like buffaloes. Thats why u see so many axios and premios on the road.

• Like 3