• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Yaris Vs Vios ?

lahiru_carlover

Question

my list finally came down to above two cars. Please advice me what should i go for..

my budget is maximum 2.5 million.

Car manufacture year should be above 2005.I plan to use this car for next 5-6 years.So want to buy a bit new car.Otherwise i would go for a allion 240 or 121.

1) Toyota vios 1500cc -2006
2) Toyota Yaris 1300cc - 2007

My main concerns are is fuel economy ,comfortable and easy maintenance.

Experts please let us know your opinion. Thanks!

i can remember that 4 years ago toyota 121 G 2001 cost 24 lak and still now its price is in 24-25 lak range.Thats why i'm looking for a toyota.

What u remember is wrong. A 121 G-grade pukey light model cost 3.1-3.2 million back in 2011/12 era. Now they go for 2.4-2.5 million.

Most people here does not answer my question and blaming Toyota.

My question is "Toyota Yaris Vs Vios ? ".

Go for Yaris. end of story. Yaris is god's gift to mankind after Prius, Allion, Axio and 121

and you know something brother... about the same time you bought your 2001 FB15 for 2.05 million, I bought a 2007 Proton Impian for around 1.45 million. During its time with me, I changed an engine mount and a drive belt through the agent, which cost me 15,000. When I sold the car sometime later, I sold it for 1.6 million if I recall correctly. It was sold within 2 weeks of advertising in Autolanka.

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 2

Good point you made here...for me even though Yaris is an International version made in Japan..I prefer Vios for it's extra bit of engine power...

i brought FB15 2001 model for 20..5 lak.(JT-XXXX)

Finally sold it for 17 lak.

millege is 125,000 km

Was it a 1.3cc and manual?, becuase I sold my one; 99, 1.5, Ex, auto silver, GP for 16.9 lakhs on last December. I bought it for 17Iakhs in April 2010 was the 5th owner and it had clocked 213ks. Bought buy a geniune user and he was impressed as I had the service history from date of registration maintained by all previous owners.

Edited by whmsujith

You were the bugger who brought in your inability to sell your FB15 as a justification for the absolute focus on ONLY Toyota.

Anyway, the answer to your question is simple, drive a good example of each and see which one feels the best to you. Also, do try a Belta out as it has somewhat softer suspension (so it will be a bit more comfortable) than the other two.

finally, don't buy a 1 litre Belta.

You missed the point ! No one here has blamed or critisized Toyota. We are just saying you are singleminded and blind when it comes to cars. I too would go with what Supra has said. Except, I don't think the name he suggested is fair and is derogatory towards actual Toyota lovers. So in that respect may I suggest <name>_deludedslavetotoyotamyths ?

If I was to comment about those 2 models, none of them are comfortable compared to the Axela, Corolla ir even your FB15. They are both entry level sedans, which is a segment below that of the Axela, Corolla, FB15. If comfort is of high importance maybe you should at least look at some other models. Cars are depreciating assets, so dont ever buy a car with the strong expectation of selling it off at the same or higher price (It may or may not happenand is based more on political adventures of our country more than the cars).

Edited by iRage
  • Like 5

Was it a 1.3cc and manual?, becuase I sold my one; 99, 1.5, Ex, auto silver, GP for 16.9 lakhs on last December. I bought it for 17Iakhs in April 2010 was the 5th owner and it had clocked 213ks. Bought buy a geniune user and he was impressed as I had the service history from date of registration maintained by all previous owners.

He has clearly said it's FB15. They came with 1.5L engine. The one came with 1.3L engine is called B15. It is a cheaper car than FB15 with semi options.

Not both. Go for 1.3L Belta

Itz more comfortable, JDM, Build Quality. Good power due to CVT, Very Economical due to CVT.

1.3 Yaris may be under powered since it has conventional 4 speed gear box. but JDM Belta got a CVT.

Not both. Go for 1.3L Belta

Itz more comfortable, JDM, Build Quality. Good power due to CVT, Very Economical due to CVT.

1.3 Yaris may be under powered since it has conventional 4 speed gear box. but JDM Belta got a CVT.

CVT doesn't give you more power. The Vitz has a slightly better power to weight ratio if you consider the 1.3L version (the 1.0 version obviously can't be compared) and only slightly since the kit in the Vitz like multiple airbags etc weighs a bit which brings it within reach of the Yaris sedan.

CVT does offer a bit of economy over conventional auto boxes but its not going to be 3,4 KMPL

JDM build quality? Not sure what that means. Export models are usually hardier due to aclimatisation and tougher suspension intended to cope with harsher roads and enviromental conditions. If anything I expect the Yaris to fare better in SL than the Vitz. The Vitz being a JDM obviously gets more kit and bells and vistles.

Also one must not discount the traceable histoy aspect of brand new imported vehicles, particularly ones maintained at the agents under warranty and you are purchasing from the genuine first owner.

For all those people who think FB15 is such an easy moving vehicle, well its not...At least in the current market. I bought a FB15 2000 for 19.80 sold it finally for 17.80 recently. Thats after spending about 40k on alloys, set up and sound system. But on the flip side it was a G number and had 9 owners which make SL car seekers puke(which makes me think that all these are idiots). Anyway I am pretty sure you could have easily sold a 2001 JT number for at least 19laks unless it was a manual or had some real issues.

Anyway getting back to the question I think that yaris is way too underpowered and with 1.5 vios is the better option. But do check belta also.

FYI dont think these vehicles wont depreciate in value. When there are many options in the market that becomes the sole reason for depreciation with all the hybrids available for cheap prices. I have seen heavy losses incurred by 121, allion 240 and axio owners. My opinion is to stay away from very popular models unless you are hell bent on fuel consumption and spare parts availability.

For all those people who think FB15 is such an easy moving vehicle, well its not...At least in the current market. I bought a FB15 2000 for 19.80 sold it finally for 17.80 recently. Thats after spending about 40k on alloys, set up and sound system. But on the flip side it was a G number and had 9 owners which make SL car seekers puke(which makes me think that all these are idiots). Anyway I am pretty sure you could have easily sold a 2001 JT number for at least 19laks unless it was a manual or had some real issues.

How long did you use/own the car for ? Because if you used it for some years a depreciation expense of Rs. 200,000 is not bad.

Edited by iRage

How long did you use/own the car for ? Because if you used it for some years a depreciation expense of Rs. 200,000 is not bad.

Actually I used it for close to 3 years and I think I got a good deal even when selling it. So no hard feelings. But it took me a long time to sell it