• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Car

udayanga_

Question

if fuel is a major concern (15km up and down?) go for the vitz. It will do better on fuel. The swift will feel more fun on your up country drives. However while rear space is limited in both cars its less in the swift and if you want to carry some luggage swift boot space is very limited. If you're a family man consider that. Other than that the swift looks and handles better than vitz. Consider a 1.3 vitz if possible.

Edited by matroska

15 km also include return. I dnt kow much of services and repair of these vehiles. Which one is easy to maintain?

No lookong for family vehicle but budget limited my aedan capability.

Swift is comfort than vitz?

Anorher plus point of swift is interior quality.

Thanks for your commentsðð»

If it's really 15 km does the fuel economy matter? I drive only 12km daily up and down, in heavy traffic and is very heavy footed. I barely touch Rs.6000 in monthly fuel costs.

What is the best option for me Out of low millages vehicles from belw two.

1. toyota vitz (majority in market is 1L)

1. Japan swift 1.3 L

Driving pattern 15 km per daily in combo upcountry drive twise a month.

Budget 2.8 or 2.9

So you gave up on vios and belta?

Have the prices gone up already, out of your reach? :sport-smiley-004:

What is the best option for me Out of low millages vehicles from belw two.

1. toyota vitz (majority in market is 1L)

1. Japan swift 1.3 L

Driving pattern 15 km per daily in combo upcountry drive twise a month.

Budget 2.8 or 2.9

For me, Toyota Vitz 1.3 L without any doubt.

I am also in same situation with udayanga_. Except driving pattern. Mine will be 20 km per daily but not in Colombo. In weekends some random drive. A Vitz 1L or Swift 1.3L in my list. My budget max 2.2 M. Following are the extract I found from other threads about these two models.

Vitz ==> Pros

-----------------

• Better fuel economy than Swift
  • Easy handling (specially in bends)

Vitz ==> Cons

------------------

• Relatively older one can get for same price. (Swift 2004 / Vitz 2000)
  • Less ground clearance

Swift ==> Pros

------------------

• Relatively newer one can get for same price.
  • Good ground clearance

Swift ==> Cons

------------------

• Somewhat bad fuel economy than Vitz
  • Handling bit difficult specially in bends

@osanda19 : why do you say "vitz is always better than swift" ?

Friends, please help us to select best one among these cars.

Typical Toyota resale thing applies to Vitz pretty nicely. Ground clearance is more or less the same between them at least in 2005-2010 models. As a Vitz owner I feel car handles very well in corners for it's segment and comfortable. Mine being a 1300cc gives good punch and I too do regular up country trips. And I travel roughly 30KM in Colombo city traffic daily and it gives 10-12 KMPL with heavy foot. Outstations roughly do 17-21 depending on road conditions.

But I say Swift is not a bad car either. One of my friends using a Swift now ODO at 127K flawlessly. And both cars are CVT but I don't hear much CVT troubles in Swifts compared to Vitz.

Why is it that no one ever talks about the seats and driving positing. Some cars have fln ATROCIOUS seats which can never be adjusted the way one wants, because once you adjust it so that you can reach the pedals easily, you have to reach for the steering, especially if the car does not have a telescopic steering wheel.

And both cars are CVT but I don't hear much CVT troubles in Swifts compared to Vitz.

I think Swift CVT model (2008 and above) comes with same Toyota CVT gearbox which used in Vitz. I have seen one of my friends Swift 2008 which GB was almost same with my Vitz K410 box by just outside.

Hearing less troubles could be due to less no of cars here.

Edited by gayanath

Thanks for the comments. Compared to secondhand market of both vehicles, vitz is better than swifts. However, most of low millage 2nd hand cars in the market are vit 1L not 3L.
Even though its a japan vehicle Suzuki swift is new to me compared to vitz. Most of Sri Lankan trust toyota. If there is a tie to comparison between Swift 2008 vs Vitz 2008 1.3L (good ground clearance) yest i go for Vitz.
One of week point in Swift 2008 is low ground clearance. Interior is not fancy like vitz.

And i like to know few things, if i going buy 2008 Vitz or Swift (Japan) how do you recommend to test the engine through Toyota or A*W company or Mechanic ?
How can i guess the millages? Is it possible to Change millage in both cars ?
Thanks or your sharing you knowledge!!

Thanks for the comments. Compared to secondhand market of both vehicles, vitz is better than swifts. However, most of low millage 2nd hand cars in the market are vit 1L not 3L.
Even though its a japan vehicle Suzuki swift is new to me compared to vitz. Most of Sri Lankan trust toyota. If there is a tie to comparison between Swift 2008 vs Vitz 2008 1.3L (good ground clearance) yest i go for Vitz.
One of week point in Swift 2008 is low ground clearance. Interior is not fancy like vitz.

And i like to know few things, if i going buy 2008 Vitz or Swift (Japan) how do you recommend to test the engine through Toyota or A*W company or Mechanic ?

Could not recommend a mechanic but it is certainly possible to tamper the mileage and this is the problem with Vitz along with many other Toyota's.

Edited by hrm

I think Swift CVT model (2008 and above) comes with same Toyota CVT gearbox which used in Vitz. I have seen one of my friends Swift 2008 which GB was almost same with my Vitz K410 box by just outside.

Hearing less troubles could be due to less no of cars here.

Could be but my friend having Swift replaced CVT oil only at 100K KM as advised by A*W whereas for Toyota's it's 40K KM

Changing mileage is well known secret. As both cars coming with OBD2 port, its very easy task and will take seconds for the job. See how it do for a Chevrolet Cruze.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gsO0ddMl2g

The old emission test reports are the real proof about true mileage. Once I check a Toyota Platz it had low mileage. But when I check last two emission test reports, owner captured. Finally he said the emission testing center put wrong mileage in the report. :P

• Like 1

Could be but my friend having Swift replaced CVT oil only at 100K KM as advised by A*W whereas for Toyota's it's 40K KM

According to manufacture (both Suzuki and Toyota), transmission (CVT) oil is having very high changing intervel (First change far above 100,000 km). But here, they are doing it in less intervels.

Changing mileage is well known secret. As both cars coming with OBD2 port, its very easy task and will take seconds for the job. See how it do for a Chevrolet Cruze.

Changing millage by removing meter pannel and plug it in to the computer is known thing. But first time heared that, this can be done through OBD2 port.

If you're talking about old vitz(2000) you don't need to worry whether itz 1000 cc or 1300cc..beacuse every old model 1000cc vitz came with 4 cylinder vvti engine.which have more pulling power

But this problem applies for the vitz (2007) and above models.beacuse every 1000cc engines comes with 3 cylinder vvti engine which have low pulling power.and but 1300cc ones with 4 cylinder

If u r planning buy vitz old model.you dont need to worry about whether itz 1000cc or 1300cc..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gsO0ddMl2g

The old emission test reports are the real proof about true mileage. Once I check a Toyota Platz it had low mileage. But when I check last two emission test reports, owner captured. Finally he said the emission testing center put wrong mileage in the report. :P

LOL DIY mileage tampering :D