• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mitsubishi Galant/legnum Meetup

Sierra Charlie

Fellow petrolheads, we're planning to have a Mitsubishi Galant/Legnum meetup on 14th February 2016 at 2.00PM at Parliament Grounds. (This Sunday)

As far as I can tell, this will be a low key event since (As far as I know) this is the first time we're having something like this. Nonetheless, I expect this to be the starting point of something good. We do have a small community of dedicated enthusiasts of the car that we built over a couple of years. :)

If you are a Galant/Legnum owner please join us. If you know anyone who owns a Galant or a Legnum, do pass the message. 14th February at 2.00PM at Parliament Grounds.

• Like 4

Galant / Legnum Meetup happened today as planned. :) We had 5 cars and 7 owners at the event. One guy came all the way from Matara for the gathering. We met up at the Parliament Grounds, drove to the Racecourse and then drove back to the Galle Face Lighthouse. We then returned back to Parliament Grounds, stopped en route to take a picture with a Police Galant (How many other cars can do that? ;) ) and dispersed after some refreshments. We'll be meeting frequently from now on and myself or a fellow Galant owner will update the thread as it happens.

Special thanks to Trinity for driving a 40 mile trip to be with us. :)

Some pics from the gathering.

ApM1Np9PYPhxqbr--JJj_uSIsjhzy1v45XOGasOL

Au-emW8MQczf93DDz8DYnQUuFDtu1b7wA1oBQjrW

AtrLtyDniOkNQOlZqPO6IUlqlobDrL1Rd9zBBmKB

AubF1WEWoVoLzPucelerALWsemoPkWwJBuW9yofo

Here's Trinity's Lancer leading the pack.

2016-02-14%2016.07.13_zpstrcxu3ou.jpg

12697184_10156549164245287_8013063566320

Cop Galant. :sport-smiley-004:

AqjRS6l1IwI0WksvKSkEJy2F5ucOplpOUuywO7lQ

AgKfnZdsTB8lakOSm1u2ERcrZi302uxwETiSMEcT

Edited by Sierra Charlie
  • Like 8

Always loved the mean look of the Galant :) Awesome machan, Which one is your one if I may ask ? The one next to the white Galant in the first picture ?

OT: Spotting a Diesel 65 Galant in the office car park since recently :)

Edited by NRX
  • Like 1

Always loved the mean look of the Galant :) Awesome machan, Which one is your one if I may ask ? The one next to the white Galant in the first picture ?

OT: Spotting a Diesel 65 Galant in the office car park since recently :)

The one in the middle of course. The lowest of them all. :) My car looks mostly shiny black on these pics. I've plastidipped my front grille (Shell, as the parts people refer to it.) in black.

As for the Diesel Galant, if you come across the owner and looks like the enthusiast type tell him/her that we have a FB group going on at https://#####/510307059148205/

Edited by Sierra Charlie

Congrats and it is a good start .

I have printed catalog of this Galant model and absolutely it is one of the best catalogs I have. :)

I have the catalog of the car as well. Apparently my neighbour kept it with him for quite some time because he loved the car. When I brought the car over the guy gave it to me as a gift. What can I say, I was floored.

Saw you guys entering the parliament ground's car park yesterday. It was a pleasant sight :smilie_liebe9:

Thanks mate. Numbers are growing. Looking forward to a better meetup next time.

• Like 1

I say, do we have any VR4s here in SL?

That's actually a good question. I don't know of any 8th Generation VR4s. 8th Gen is the car we own. But I've heard some people say that there are 7th Gen VR4s here in Sri Lanka. I haven't seen one for real though.

One of our members owns a Viento which has a 4G64 in it. 2400cc, 145HP, Triptronic. Nippy car.

Some of us are thinking of getting down a complete VR4 from Japan and doing a conversion. That'll be pretty interesting. The 6A13TT from the VR4 develops some 280HP and 367 Nm of torque in its stock form. Also, it's all wheel drive with its fancy Active Yaw Control (AYC). Will keep you guys posted if a conversion takes place for real. :)

• 2 months later...