• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Metallic colour

On 7/30/2020 at 8:45 PM, Thilina Bandara Herath said:

As per Book , colour of my car is 'Metallic'.

can I apply any metallic colour to my car?

That's brilliant! lol

I guess you could argue that but when your chassis number is decoded it may in certain cases specify the paint code as well

• Haha 1

On 7/30/2020 at 11:15 AM, Thilina Bandara Herath said:

As per Book , colour of my car is 'Metallic'.

can I apply any metallic colour to my car?

@Thilina Bandara HerathYour paint code is listed below the VIN number on the sticker that's found on the dirverside door. Use that paint colour code tag to find the correct paint colour for your car. 

If you are asking whether it be legal to change the colour of your car to any metalic colour without having to legally change the paint colour listed on the registration book as currently its listed as 'metallic' : Hmm...I guess !! (Personally I would play it safe and stick to the original colour or if I painted it a different colour I would update the registration book as needed) 

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Devinda_Z said:

That's brilliant! lol

I guess you could argue that but when your chassis number is decoded it may in certain cases specify the paint code as well

Well..whether it is the chassis number (used in Japan) or a VIN number..they all have ID plates that have the color code on them.

• 4 months later...

Guys, what would be a metallic silver blue color code that will still look silver and still can be called as silver? I might buy a silver presea and paint it bluish silver, so that I won't have to update the book from silver to something else. So what would be the closest and best metallic bluish silver colour or code that would still look like silver? 

48 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

Guys, what would be a metallic silver blue color code that will still look silver and still can be called as silver? I might buy a silver presea and paint it bluish silver, so that I won't have to update the book from silver to something else. So what would be the closest and best metallic bluish silver colour or code that would still look like silver? 

Okay, how about this colour? Nissan paint code K23

Screenshot_20201216-103238_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Kavvz