• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

A good 5 to 7 seater vehicle price - 30 to 40

Sabith shafeek

19 minutes ago, Sabith shafeek said:

Is there a good car/suv for 30 to 40 laks average 150000km? I have seen a hyundai senta f v6 2007 but I doesn't know whether that's good enough. 

There are 7 seater SUVs as well as MPVs. What are your requirements other than being a 7 seater?

3 hours ago, ajm said:

Santa Fe rear seats are a joke, not even children can get in or out easily.

https://youtu.be/MrvMXi01wPQ?t=126

Yes ! They are all the same...Vanguard to Fortuner to Pajero Sport to SantaFe to Prado to Pajero...the third row of seats are unusable...it is bareable for kids and manageable for little toddlers (with toddlers its a pain in the ass to put them in the baby seat when it is in the back). Everything from restricted leg room..floor board being high...wheel arch getting in the way of getting in and out....sucks. The larger SUVs like the Land Cruiser and the Patrol the rear seat is a bit bearable but still not that much better. Obviously...some models have slightly less sucky versions than the others. You really cannot use the third row for anything more than just a small drive to the local grocery store.

So..if the OP wants to put people in the back on a constant basis....then she/he will have to buy a MPV.

What are the MPVs in SL ? I suppose the usual Serena, Noah, Voxy are around ? I do remember seeing an Esquire on FB (the pic was of a traffic violation of one car but the Esquire was in the background)

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, iRage said:

What are the MPVs in SL ? I suppose the usual Serena, Noah, Voxy are around ? I do remember seeing an Esquire on FB (the pic was of a traffic violation of one car but the Esquire was in the background)

Off the top, Avanza is what I can think of. There are also Sedonas, Delicas and Friendees around, but they are quite rare.

The next best option for OP is to get a van.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Crosswind said:

Off the top, Avanza is what I can think of. There are also Sedonas, Delicas and Friendees around, but they are quite rare.

The next best option for OP is to get a van.

Toyota Noah perhaps?

Edited by AVANTE

5 hours ago, AVANTE said:

Toyota Noah perhaps?

My dad used to have the KR42 version of the Noah, its definetely a good choice for a minivan with its dual AC, wide seat options and 3C engine but I think the pricing in SL is ridiculous for it. 2006 model was close to 3.2 Mil in 2011 and nowdays even 1999 model petrol ones go for 3+ mil, diesel ones of 2006-7 are well above 4.5 mil 

For that price i'd say an Avanza would be better off as it would be newer even though its not japanese made. The 1.5 L should do well for city driving. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HaeylM said:

My dad used to have the KR42 version of the Noah, its definetely a good choice for a minivan with its dual AC, wide seat options and 3C engine but I think the pricing in SL is ridiculous for it. 2006 model was close to 3.2 Mil in 2011 and nowdays even 1999 model petrol ones go for 3+ mil, diesel ones of 2006-7 are well above 4.5 mil 

For that price i'd say an Avanza would be better off as it would be newer even though its not japanese made. The 1.5 L should do well for city driving. 

Only problem with buying a Noah is all the fake ones around. There are a few genuine ones around but 95% of them are standard van variants with inconsistent conversions done with sub-standard workmanship.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, HaeylM said:

Yeah Avanza would be adequate. Noah's are nice like you say and ofc, pricing is ridiculous for almost any jap vehicle in srilanka these days sadly. 

2 hours ago, iRage said:

Only problem with buying a Noah is all the fake ones around. There are a few genuine ones around but 95% of them are standard van variants with inconsistent conversions done with sub-standard workmanship.

:(

echoing the others here : If you want 7 passengers realistically SUV's are out - it'll have to be an MPV like an Avanza. The Voxy's etc are way above budget.  Townaces are there - but as irage said most are delivery vans that have been locally fitted

On 11/16/2020 at 6:41 AM, iRage said:

I can relate well 😂 our one was a converted one too! the seats did not match the door trim patterns. Anyway 90% of the ones in the market are townaces with retroffited headlights, grill and doors. some conversions ive seen they dint even do the interior door trim changes or the coolbox. 

• Thanks 1