• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

National Fuel Pass

Hyaenidae

bbkkpUV.jpg

The Ministry of Power & Energy today (July 16) introduced the National Fuel Pass which allows the general public to purchase a guaranteed quota of fuel per week for their personal vehicles.

The fuel pass was launched with technical support of the Institute of Communication & Information Technology (ICTA), with the intention of easing the fuel queues.

Accordingly, one vehicle can be registered under one National Identity Card (NIC), passport number or business registration number, Power and Energy Minister Kanchana Wijesekara said joining the launch.

A QR code will be allocated to each vehicle following the registration and verification of the chassis number, the vehicle registration number, the number plate and other details by the Motor Traffic Department (DMT).

The members of the public can obtain fuel twice a week according to the last digit of the number plate, using the QR code assigned to them.

• Number plates ending with 0, 1, or 2: Mondays and Thursdays
• Number plates ending with 3, 4, or 5: Tuesdays and Fridays
• Number plates ending with 6, 7, 8, or 9: Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays

The QR code can be kept as a screenshot on one’s mobile phone. Those who do not possess a smartphone can keep a printout of the QR code with them.

This will be the only pass that the government will allow people to purchase fuel, not only from Ceylon Petroleum Corporation’s filling stations, but also from Lanka IOC filling stations as well, the minister stressed.

However, the quota of fuel allocated to a vehicle is subject to change in line with the availability of fuel reserves in the country. A separate procedure will be introduced to supply fuel to essential services and public transport services.

The lawmaker stated that vehicles are registered under six categories used by the DMT: cars (including jeeps, SUVs and double cabs), motorcycles, three-wheelers, vans, lorries and buses.

Registrations are available from today (July 16) via the official website introduced by the ministry:

fuelpass.gov.lk

However, only the registrations will be allowed from today, Minister Wijesekara added.

The date of commencement of the fuel pass system will be announced in due time once the registration process is completed.

The lawmaker said there challenges are expected in implementing this fuel pass system, but the excessive use of fuel has to be curtailed due, given the prevailing situation in the country.

Edited by Hyaenidae
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

Its done in all good faith. Am no IT guy but normally you need to check and test any of these apps before you launch in a hurry. What is the point of getting someone else's vehicle number in your QR code.

During the registration process, the system asks for the vehicle's chassis number. So using another person's vehicle number is logically impossible. But don't know if the system will validate the chassis number with the DMT database. If it doesn't, there's a hole.

(Even if you are not an IT guy, your mindset fits that of a software QA tester :D. Just kidding you.)

8 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Its done in all good faith. Am no IT guy but normally you need to check and test any of these apps before you launch in a hurry. What is the point of getting someone else's vehicle number in your QR code.

They've fixed it now. First it showed someone else's number, now it shows mine

• Like 1

I have Couple of issues with the National fuel pass. 

1. There's no option for double cabs / duel purpose vehicles 

2. I keep getting this error saying that chassis number and vehicle number is a mismatch when trying to register. Even though both numbers are correctly typed in. Did anyone else get this error as well? 

1 hour ago, Madhawa Karunanayake said:

I get this error saying that the chassis number and vehicle number is a mismatch when trying to register.  Did anyone else got this error as well? 

Mind the format, if the Chassis number has a hyphen you should add it correctly

4 hours ago, kusumsiri said:

When trying to register an old Sri Range vehicle the following message is received. Does this happen to others?

(Vehicle number and chassis number are correct)

Got the same error for an English number vehicle a couple of times but I got this along with another error multiple times.. Just retry because I got this and the other one not just the same each time and after a couple of attempts (guess about 5) I got the text message saying my profile is created along with the correct vehicle number.. So I'd say just try a bit more..

• Thanks 1

Looks like they have not taken consideration to the Old english & Sri number plates.   

There was n issue in the first day but there after on Sunday it worked fine.  In certain chassis number, you may need to leave a space in between the the  number if shown in the registration book - I too got an error of a mismatch in entering the Hyundai but after the space; it worked ok.

Hope on the day of fueling the owner will not need to be present - cant ask my  mother to stay in a que ... so planning to take her ID card as well and go. 

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, mazdaspeed said:

Looks like they have not taken consideration to the Old english & Sri number plates.   

There was n issue in the first day but there after on Sunday it worked fine.  In certain chassis number, you may need to leave a space in between the the  number if shown in the registration book - I too got an error of a mismatch in entering the Hyundai but after the space; it worked ok.

Hope on the day of fueling the owner will not need to be present - cant ask my  mother to stay in a que ... so planning to take her ID card as well and go. 

Thank you for the tip. My car chassis number has a dash (-) and was rejected. I was able to successfully register it following this tip.

Hopefully they will scan the QR code and compare it with the vehicle number plate. If so, the owner may not necessarily come to refuel. The side I see is that the filling station person should update the system with the amount of fuel filled. The problem is how practical this is with them. Still one can bribe or influence and ask not to update the system. So there is still a way of misusing this, especially for three-wheeler thugs.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

The National Fuel Pass registration has two Dual Purpose categories, attached picture highlighted in red and blue. Where would a Hilux Double cab fall under?

Thank you for your kind input.

IMG_20220731_133647.jpg

Edited by Splat
Additions

• Splat changed the title to Fuel Pass QR code for Dual Purpose double cab
On 7/17/2022 at 9:12 AM, Madhawa Karunanayake said:

I have Couple of issues with the National fuel pass. 

1. There's no option for double cabs / duel purpose vehicles 

2. I keep getting this error saying that chassis number and vehicle number is a mismatch when trying to register. Even though both numbers are correctly typed in. Did anyone else get this error as well? 

There seems to be two Dual Purpose selections. Where does Double cabs fall under? Van or Lorry?

IMG_20220731_133647.jpg

15 minutes ago, Splat said:

There seems to be two Dual Purpose selections. Where does Double cabs fall under? Van or Lorry?

IMG_20220731_133647.jpg

it depends on the category it was listed under when registering the vehicle. I guess 'Lorry' would mean you have a number starting with L instead of P if it has english letter number plates or 40's or 226 if older.