• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Komisiripala

so got the plate installed yesterday, and damn it does look mighty fine!

nhv7.jpg

also, a shot of the high and low beams. since they're the original lights, the beam height is now on the proper side. previous rice-lights we for left hand drive cars.

high beam. 55 watt 3200K:

35xb.jpg

and 35 watt 6000K low beam

xdv.JPG

I'm also speechless komi! :speechless-smiley-003: greeeeeeat work.

from where did u get that jap number plates? and what about the front plates?

www.lisenceplates.tv

a bit pricey, but excellent quality. they don't ship to SL. only to USA, but they're very light men. not even 100g. ask a relative to post it in a blister packet. and always run the street legal color coded numbers as well. then this is just a vanity plate. and avoid putting it in front.

www.lisenceplates.tv

a bit pricey, but excellent quality. they don't ship to SL. only to USA, but they're very light men. not even 100g. ask a relative to post it in a blister packet. and always run the street legal color coded numbers as well. then this is just a vanity plate. and avoid putting it in front.

Hi Komi,

There was a mistake on the URL. this one works : http://www.licenseplates.tv/ (placements of C and S :speechless-smiley-004: )

I think standard colored one on the left side of the bumper is for cops for there stupid questions. In the web site you mentioned, i found some plates for Sri Lanka see this:

http://www.licenseplates.tv/sri-lanka-license-plates.html?=

But they use CL instead of SL as the country code letters. Thanks for sharing Komi.

And also, as you could not come to the Parliament ground yesterday due to bad weather for the photo shoot, its sunny and clear today in this area. Eager to see some nice looking shoots of the car.

Machan Komi...

Even though i didn't post any "ela machan" "great job" posts to your updates, and kept silent without blasting the hell out of the douchebag who called your car POS, i closely followed the thread & patiently waited to see those last couple of photos to say Bravo!!

Man, i'm at a loss of words. You did great bro.. car looks Stunning!! i mean Fan f**king Tastik... really admire your courage and patient throughout the build and i believe its something we who have pure love for cars can really understand..

Pissu dosthara, you are an inspiration to all of us!

Cheers!!

• Like 1

Machan Komi...

Even though i didn't post any "ela machan" "great job" posts to your updates, and kept silent without blasting the hell out of the douchebag who called your car POS, i closely followed the thread & patiently waited to see those last couple of photos to say Bravo!!

Man, i'm at a loss of words. You did great bro.. car looks Stunning!! i mean Fan f**king Tastik... really admire your courage and patient throughout the build and i believe its something we who have pure love for cars can really understand..

Pissu dosthara, you are an inspiration to all of us!

Cheers!!

i am humbled. and yes, i will fight the stereotype with sword and shield at every turn. its not over yet mate. and thank you for your support. i know you've kept abreast, trinity, you need not give me an "ela kiri" for that. ;)

there are a lot more cars out there that deserve to be done up properly. if i can inspire more people to drop the fiber and add the horses, then i've achieved something great.

Komi, absolutely brilliant job mate!

I followed every post in this thread - all 809 of them - over the so many months as it went on and its an absolute pleasure to see the end result.

It was refreshing, for a change, to see someone actually focus on what matters, go through the level of dedication, research, have patience and attention to detail as needed to bring about a true restoration.

Words cannot express the exhilarating feeling you get, when you've been involved in getting an automobile stripped to its last nut and bolt, laid your hands on every piece and then seeing it all come together one tiny step at a time and finally it all works!!!!

And as you have already mentioned, it's not over yet - it never will be, you will probably continue to find little bits of tweaks and refinements to do for some time to come.

Guess the next project will be the Datto? It's your choice end of the day but I'd say that Datto will look the best the way it rolled out of the showroom back then.

Edited by HardHat

@dmendis - CL is the correct international vehicle identification code for sri lanka. obviously it stands for Ceylon.

if a sri lanka registered car travels to europe for example, it must carry the CL sticker.

This hardly ever happens because of the difficulty of cross border travel and high prices of cars in this country compared to other countries.

sorry about the OT.

Edited by Crosswind

Happy to see the car finally come home. I know just how exciting this feels. All those hours you wasted sometimes for very little action in the garage, the disappointment when something goes wrong, the endless hours on the internet ogling similar cars and daydreaming of how you'd drive around in yours when its ready, and that feeling of withdrawal as it gets so close to being completed yet gets dragged on forever.

So congrats komi on a job well done.

Now let's get the mapping done, add some nice tyres later and lose those mudflaps cos they don't feel at home on a type R.

the silencer is mounted on two rubber bushes. we left it a little room to wobble. it settles down at higher rpm's.

and yes, i wanted to lose the mudflaps too. maybe at least cut the fronts so they don't scrape all the time.

the endless hours i put into this really did pay off. i just can't describe the feeling sitting behind that wheel!

the datsun, yes, is getting a spec as-close-as-i-can-get SSS conversion. again, full interior, exterior, the works. L16 motor, 5 speed box, discs all round etc etc more details on the datsun thread as work starts.

as for the ITR, my immediate concerns:

1. ECU

2. coilovers

3. brake kit.

will update this thread as it happens.

met up with buggati and VVTi for a beer. took a few nice shots. will upload when i get 'em

• Like 1

:action-smiley-033:

here's a few taken by VVTi and touched up by charith:

dvhw.jpg

thanks VVTi and charith. dude, i really am an emotional mess right now. wow...

I love this shot! great job VVTi and Charith.

Komi, this is mesmerizing !

• MADZ featured this topic
  • MADZ locked this topic