• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

Time for some Vintage JDM love-

I'm a sucker for quad lamps!

255-3211_NissanCaravanE20.jpg

How many Caravans do you see in this condition now anywhere?

Have been in one, also have fond memories of how there were three Caravans were parked in front of school gates. A blue, a white Homy and one of these which wasn't in good condition (called it the balu van because its horn sounded like a dog barking). The white one which I went is still running the same routine.

There is one of these near our place and it seems to be in goodn nick still 29sri1222. White with red stripes.

Have been in one, also have fond memories of how there were three Caravans were parked in front of school gates. A blue, a white Homy and one of these which wasn't in good condition (called it the balu van because its horn sounded like a dog barking). The white one which I went is still running the same routine.

There is one of these near our place and it seems to be in goodn nick still 29sri1222. White with red stripes.

This was my first school van :D I was 8 years old and the small seat between the driver and passenger was my reserved seat. The "driver uncle" :D had to keep it vacant till I get in or be ready for all hell to break...

Edited by k9master

This was my first school van :D I was 8 years old and the small seat between the driver and passenger was my reserved seat. The "driver uncle" :D had to keep it vacant till I get in or be ready for all hell to break...

You lil rebel! :sport-smiley-005:

Buddy there's a black one here as well. I have seen it parked in Yam*h* Music Centre Car Park.

This should be interesting :)

New law restricts maximum three-wheeler speed to 40 kmph
auto.JPG

A special gazette issued under the Motor Vehicle Act has announced new laws that have been implemented to limit the maximum speed of three-wheelers to 40 kmph.

In addition to the speed limit, a number of new rules on three-wheelers have also been outlined.

According to the law, the vehicle cannot enter or exit from the entrance to the right.

Furthermore, the number of passengers that can be carried on the three-wheeler should be prominently displayed on the left side in numerals.

The new laws also outline that two children under the age of 12 will be counted as one passenger.

The gazette also states that seats should not be fittest to face one another within the three-wheeler, also forbidding anyone else travelling along with the driver on the driver's seat.

The passengers of three-wheelers are also not allowed to hand out pamphlets or handouts for advertisements to pedestrians on the road while it is in motion.

The gazette went on to note that equipment emitting loud sounds or any such devices that disturb or inconvenience other pedestrians are also forbidden, while the vehicle should also not be used for any illegal activity.

Meanwhile, all passengers to board the three-wheeler should express their expected destination to the driver, and should pay the full amount denoted on the meter at the completion of their journey.

The new laws also state that anyone who hires the three-wheeler for the transport of goods or persons, should fit a taxi meter on to the vehicle.

http://www.newsfirst.lk/english/node/27305

sorry guys my bad just excited and cargasm kicked in :)

@komi ,i thaught that this landed recently to sl..btw was this featured in a recent issue in motor mag??

@K9m the black one must be beauty...dont get a chance to see these exotics bro because i live close to negombo :(

sorry guys my bad just excited and cargasm kicked in :)

@komi ,i thaught that this landed recently to sl..btw was this featured in a recent issue in motor mag??

@K9m the black one must be beauty...dont get a chance to see these exotics bro because i live close to negombo :(

The yellow car landed recently, it will be featured soon..

What Komi meant is that caymans have been around in SL for a while... This yellow car is just the first of the new model.

I still like the Boxster. I remember way back (late '90s or early '00s I think) there was a similar wine red example (300- or 301-) parked in front of the Lion Pub every single day. Sheer awesomeness for us kids leaving school!

But the best car I had the pleasure of seeing ogling in front of our school was a beautiful blue BMW 8 series (in 1999). The damn thing was low slung and gorgeous! I've not seen it since.

Something like this-

bmw-8-series-840-coupe-petrol_2133153.jp

Edited by Jaliya48

That was the 850iL which belonged to mr. Dayan Gomez. His son ranshen was a Thomian. God how I loved that car. A friend got a ride in it and said when it was pushed, you just sink into that leather and you can't even lift a finger from the g force!

The boxter belonged to a thomians dad as well. And another guy from my batch had a sky blue boxter

The only GT86 I'd import!

86ra1.jpg

86ra2.jpg

Toyota GT86 RC. A stripped down version of the GT86. I'm bummed that there are no crank windows though! :sport-smiley-004:

I saw this at Toyota MEGAWEB last year :) When they stripped down they mean stripped down and if you wish you can have the dealer strip off the inside paneling as well...so maybe window winders might be a possibility :) A few feet down was a fully TRD kitted out (during the time some of the TRD accs were not for sale as yet) orange version of it and this one looked so so bare and barron next to it:)

I saw this at Toyota MEGAWEB last year :) When they stripped down they mean stripped down and if you wish you can have the dealer strip off the inside paneling as well...so maybe window winders might be a possibility :) A few feet down was a fully TRD kitted out (during the time some of the TRD accs were not for sale as yet) orange version of it and this one looked so so bare and barron next to it:)

The Subaru version gets painted bumpers but with the same steelies. Both are JDM only though (no problem for us! :sport-smiley-004: )

Toyota Lanka Rathmalana apparently has a GT86 on display. Might drop in to have a closer look at that 6 speed!

Edited by Jaliya48

The Subaru version gets painted bumpers but with the same steelies. Both are JDM only though (no problem for us! :sport-smiley-004: )

Toyota Lanka Rathmalana apparently has a GT86 on display. Might drop in to have a closer look at that 6 speed!

and the Subaru is slightly more expensive...I guess painting the bumpers cost more :speechless-smiley-019: also if I remember correct you can get the Subaru with an A/C and the Toyota doesn't offer it (just a heater ?)...

happy snooping around the 86..

That was the 850iL which belonged to mr. Dayan Gomez. His son ranshen was a Thomian. God how I loved that car. A friend got a ride in it and said when it was pushed, you just sink into that leather and you can't even lift a finger from the g force!

The boxter belonged to a thomians dad as well. And another guy from my batch had a sky blue boxter

You really should check it out machan, it is an EPIC, EPIC car! It sits at the top of my "cars I want to own" list at the moment.

• MADZ locked this topic