• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

Aftermath of an accident took place at thangalla..

http://offair.nethfm.com/article/23322

P.S: Is that an unregistered Vezel..?? :speechless-smiley-003:

Tangalle-Accident-www.nethfm.com-01.jpgTangalle-Accident-www.nethfm.com-09.jpgTangalle-Accident-www.nethfm.com-12.jpgTangalle-Accident-www.nethfm.com-11.jpg

It just looks like the number plate has been erased. I have seen these kind of assholes driving trucks and tippers with unsecured heavy loads at break-neck speeds several times. Look how many innocent people had to suffer. These dumb asses should be shot.

• Like 1

That's a horrible accident and the car is totaled by the looks of it. Hope no one is seriously injured.

Going to write down the number of the car in case it appears as a lady driven, low mileage, mint condition, multi function steering and winker mirror having, immaculate piece of machinery in the near future.

Hi Folks,

Has anyone received money via paypal from overseas? Its cheaper than moneygram or western union and apparently they can sent it to a mobile number, but am not sure if I will have to jump through hoops to receive it afterwards. Has anyone gone through the process and if so could you give me some feed back please? Thanks.

Scrap that thought, I just got an email note from Paypal saying accounts in SL can only send funds but are unable to receive. I guess that's out then.

1. Any other method you guys recommend to receive money other than the usual Moneygram / WesternUnion methods?

2. How do you freelancer IT / entrepreneurial types get paid for work completed or goods shipped usually?

Thanks.

Edited by Kavvz

Hi Folks,

Has anyone received money via paypal from overseas? Its cheaper than moneygram or western union and apparently they can sent it to a mobile number, but am not sure if I will have to jump through hoops to receive it afterwards. Has anyone gone through the process and if so could you give me some feed back please? Thanks.

Scrap that thought, I just got an email note from Paypal saying accounts in SL can only send funds but are unable to receive. I guess that's out then.

1. Any other method you guys recommend to receive money other than the usual Moneygram / WesternUnion methods?

2. How do you freelancer IT / entrepreneurial types get paid for work completed or goods shipped usually?

Thanks.

I'm using Skrill for smaller amounts (Used to be called Moneybookers.)

You can use PayPal in a very convoluted manner along with a off shore based account to get money to Sri Lanka. But you ideally need to have a partner in that country. Also, look up Delaware company registration.

I'm sure others will have better suggestions than this.

Hi Folks,

Thanks.

From what I gather you're trying to send money right? I've done that for a few of my friends here. I in fact wanted to bring some money over here but the central bank is very restrictive of how much money you can take out of the country, regardless of visa, permanent residency or dual citizenship. So best is to get hold of someone who wants to do the opposite of you, and workout a deal where you give them $ here and they pay your contractor in SL in Rs.

From what I gather you're trying to send money right? I've done that for a few of my friends here. I in fact wanted to bring some money over here but the central bank is very restrictive of how much money you can take out of the country, regardless of visa, permanent residency or dual citizenship. So best is to get hold of someone who wants to do the opposite of you, and workout a deal where you give them $ here and they pay your contractor in SL in Rs.

You send your friends money? Ado, where do we line up? Here we go Autolanka! Max is gonna HOOK US UP!

Edited by Kavvz

I'm using Skrill for smaller amounts (Used to be called Moneybookers.)

You can use PayPal in a very convoluted manner along with a off shore based account to get money to Sri Lanka. But you ideally need to have a partner in that country. Also, look up Delaware company registration.

I'm sure others will have better suggestions than this.

Jokes aside: Thanks for the input Gents.

Damn! Was typing a reply to "Your First Accident" topic which seems to popup often, and only realized that the topic was locked when trying to post it! So I decided to post it here anyways because I don’t want my typing to go to waste :)

Actually I cannot remember my first accident probably because it was a minor one. But I remember this major accident I had involving a container truck. It was my first years at Colombo (10 years back) and I didn't have my own vehicle at that time, got an office liteace to travel to Seeduwa for an office project. It all went smoothly but upon returning at the Paliyagoda junction police check point, a container truck severed to the right, I was on the right lane trying to overtake the container truck. I think the truck’s cab was already turned a little towards the right lane when I tried to squeeze through. The truck driver didn’t see me trying to overtake and I got sandwiched between the container and the middle lane concrete separator. Couple of police guys at the check point saw the accident and immediately came to my assistance, they were jumping at the truck driver saying that it’s his fault. He was a poor bugger and I felt sorry for him. Actually I think both are at fault here, it’s a long vehicle and I should have been more cautious when overtaking also I didn’t use the horn. The truck driver could have checked his side mirror before cutting to the right lane, if he saw me coming he could have either slowed down or turned left. Anyways both agreed to claim their insurance, I had to replace the left side front door, the middle sliding door, left side signal light and the left side mirror and paint. The claim was like Rs 45,000/= if I remember right. and the container, well it didn’t have a single scratch! After that accident I had few more but all minor scratches and dents.

• Like 1

To my knowledge, Land Rover production in UK will be stopped and its planned to shift to Yindiya.

You mean the whole LR production line up?

I thought they are just making a messed up version of Defender under Tata

You mean the whole LR production line up?

I thought they are just making a messed up version of Defender under Tata

This sounds scarier than you think http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/lr-build-next-defender-india

It'll be the end of " Land Rover " if it goes to the hand of Indians.

Jaguar Land Rover is in the hands of indians for some time now. In fact, Jaguars lost their identity but became best sellers because of the appealing looks to the noveau riche, after Indians took over.

• MADZ locked this topic