• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

UBER! WELCOME TO SRI LANKA

Currently, Uber has five options you can choose to get you from point A to point B. These options are:

1. UberX – The budget uber cab
  2. UberTaxi – The normal taxi
  3. UberBLACK – The original Uber cab
  4. UberSUV – The SUV with enough space to fit 6 people at any given time
  5. UberLUX – The luxury option for those who only want the finest cars

UberX-700x393.png

During this testing phase, the base price of an UberX cab will be Rs. 100. On top of the base price, you will be charged for the distance you travel which is Rs. 50 per kilometer. You will also be charged the time taken to get to your destination which is Rs. 2 per minute.

Therefore final fare of an UberX cab = Base price + Rs. 50 per kilometer + Rs. 2 per minute traveled.

At the time of writing, the Uber fleet in Sri Lanka has an undisclosed number of the following vehicles:

• Toyota Allion
  • Toyota Prius
  • Toyota Axio
  • Nissan Bluebird
  • Honda City
  • Mitsubishi Lancer

During the testing phase, the fleet will only operate inside the Colombo city limits and trips to the airport. After the official launch, we might see different vehicles join the Uber fleet. However, one thing will remain the same: Uber will not own any of these vehicles or employ any of it’s drivers.

Uber requires that all its drivers:

• have a valid driver’s license;
  • have a valid registration for their vehicle;
  • have commercial insurance covering the driver + 4 passengers;
  • have a national identity card
  • have a valid revenue certificate

http://readme.lk/ayubowan-uber-sri-lanka/

Dunhinda falls, the place I never forget... when I was 12, I fell off the cliff here when I was going to the top... I don't know how I survived, I happened to grab a branch of a tree and hung onto it... it was a rainy and a very slippery day.... ever since that day I'm afraid of heights....

Maan ,you've got a story for everything. .. :sad-smiley-058::sport-smiley-004:

Yes apparently... I also drowned when I was 13 or something, cant remember the name of that place... ever since then I have a phobia for water... tried learning swimming for like 1 year but couldn't because of the fear...

Haven't you fallen from a airplane or something? :sport-smiley-004:

This is the lower proximal bend in front of the entrance to dunhinda falls, The wall marks the border of the car park,

this bugger probably overdid the reversing into his slot

Its almost identical :sad-smiley-058:

These photos were publicly shared in FB by a gentlemen called Shaeen Yoonus.

These images posted are yesterday's incident that took place at my residence car park ... well my brother came home at night and just parked the car as we all usually park and suddenly there was smoke inside and didn't realise that there was spark ... by the time we tried our best to doze the fire it was too late ... we were fortunate with the grace of almighty that the fire didn't not spread to our house ... if not for all the friend and the fire brigade who were able to rescue just in time We would have been stranded inside and just cannot imagine what would have happened to us. .. please take extra precautions when driving a hybrid car as one of the fire brigade personal shared a similar incident which took place one month ago... of another Honda fit hybrid car !!! Drive safe and always do not take for granted if you sense any sort of shirt circuit smell from your car ..

12066033_10156138789520244_2905340408794

12049182_10156138789390244_3106461326783

12143157_10156138789255244_5994942902890

Seems a Fit GP1. What could have gone wrong? From the fire damage it appears to be started from back of the car not from engine bay it seems.

Edited by hrm

These photos were publicly shared in FB by a gentlemen called Shaeen Yoonus.

12066033_10156138789520244_2905340408794

12049182_10156138789390244_3106461326783

12143157_10156138789255244_5994942902890

Seems a Fit GP1. What could have gone wrong? From the fire damage it appears to be started from back of the car not from engine bay it seems.

Me thinks this is caused by a short circuit due to those fancy aftermarket electronic stuff people get fixed from places with poor workmanship

Me thinks this is caused by a short circuit due to those fancy aftermarket electronic stuff people get fixed from places with poor workmanship

The chap who owns the the march in front never even moved it during the fire, lol

The chap who owns the the march in front never even moved it during the fire, lol

I think car burned outside, perhaps they pushed it inside after fire was put out?

If my memory serves me right there was a worldwide fit recall because of a fire hazard in 2013/2014... when osaka_dude was here :D

Oh yeah I remember there was some Honda recall, but cant remember for what reason.

I think car burned outside, perhaps they pushed it inside after fire was put out?

It was behind the March, but there was no way to move the March. It just got lucky :D

12065491_10156139102435244_9352386759749

• MADZ locked this topic