• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer Or Axio? Update: Bought A Lancer! (Aka The B.r.a.t.t. Thread)

Bracket

Question

Hello Experts,

Excited to join Autolanka forums :D Waited almost for month for an admin to approve me ... anyway, whoever the admin that approved me, :smilie_liebe12:

Last December, I sold my good old Maruti WagonR ( 2008 model, 5yrs old, driven for 30000+ Kms) For 1.6mil. I was searching for a good car to buy ever since. ( that's how I ended up on autolanka) So now that I finally got approved I thought it's time to get expert ideas on buying my new vehicle.

My budget is 3.5mil - 4.0mil. I wanted to buy a japanese car and browsing the internet, Finally I decided that there are two contenders:

1. Toyota axio 161 1.3 X Grade (2013)

2. Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1.6 GLX (2013)

Both the cars ( Brand New ) are being sold for 3.5 mil. for the permit. ( Lancer : 3,460,000 to be exact)

My priorities are:

-RELIABILITY
-Fuel Economy

-Spare Parts Availability

-Safety And comfort

-Handling

-Looks

- Resale value

Axio Dealers are mainly bragging of TOYOTA Reliability and Spare parts availability. They assured me I'm in deep trouble if I choose a mitsubishi because there are no spare parts in local market and I would have to buy spare parts only from agent paying a huge amount of money and I have to wait till eternity for mitsubishi agents to import parts from japan. And they also mentioned that unlike axio, I won't be able to sell the mitsubishi for a decent price. (if I wanted to, of course)

I called mitsu agents and they say they have spare parts for any vehicle they sell and I don't have to worry. However the sales guy said he have no idea on 3rd party parts availability.

So as you all can see i'm in a dilemma here. If you were in my position which car would you buy? And please be kind enough to mention why.. :)

This is my first post on autolanka, so please go easy on me if I have offended any rule.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Bracket

Hello Experts,

Excited to join Autolanka forums :D Waited almost for month for an admin to approve me ... anyway, whoever the admin that approved me, :smilie_liebe12:

Last December, I sold my good old Maruti WagonR ( 2008 model, 5yrs old, driven for 30000+ Kms) For 1.6mil. I was searching for a good car to buy ever since. ( that's how I ended up on autolanka) So now that I finally got approved I thought it's time to get expert ideas on buying my new vehicle.

My budget is 3.5mil - 4.0mil. I wanted to buy a japanese car and browsing the internet, Finally I decided that there are two contenders:

1. Toyota axio 161 1.3 X Grade (2013)

2. Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1.6 GLX (2013)

Both the cars ( Brand New ) are being sold for 3.5 mil. for the permit. ( Lancer : 3,460,000 to be exact)

My priorities are:

-RELIABILITY

-Fuel Economy

-Spare Parts Availability

-Safety And comfort

-Handling

-Looks

- Resale value

Axio Dealers are mainly bragging of TOYOTA Reliability and Spare parts availability. They assured me I'm in deep trouble if I choose a mitsubishi because there are no spare parts in local market and I would have to buy spare parts only from agent paying a huge amount of money and I have to wait till eternity for mitsubishi agents to import parts from japan. And they also mentioned that unlike axio, I won't be able to sell the mitsubishi for a decent price. (if I wanted to, of course)

I called mitsu agents and they say they have spare parts for any vehicle they sell and I don't have to worry. However the sales guy said he have no idea on 3rd party parts availability.

So as you all can see i'm in a dilemma here. If you were in my position which car would you buy? And please be kind enough to mention why.. :)

This is my first post on autolanka, so please go easy on me if I have offended any rule.

Thanks in advance.

LOL comes in as a total noob....Now a total expert...

Two weeeks and Mitsubishi is the best car brand in the world...A company on the verge of collapsing

Edited by MasterDon
  • Like 3

LOL comes in as a total noob....Now a total expert...

Two weeeks and Mitsubishi is the best car brand in the world...A company on the verge of collapsing

Hey Bucket Malli read this... http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2013/05/mitsubishi-volvo-named-to-list-of-brands-to-disappear-in-2014.html

There goes you resale value of your great Lancer...aiyyo paw!

Don't worry I'll buy it off you for two rupees...LMAO!

• Like 1

No more sex tonight MD. I'm tired. Goodnight bro!

LMAO YOU CHANGED YOUR SIGNATURE PIC!!!...EPIC FAIL!!!

don't worry you'll get a proper a*s raping when you try to sell your precious Lancer...All that money down the drain...

I will be back with Mitsubishi reliabilty records.

• Like 1

Thanks for pointing out my mistake, MD bro.

But still, nobody cares what YOU think.

Says nobody care what I say...Hastily deletes dumbass signature saying Lancer is the greatest car in the world after I mention it once...apparently you care "bro"...Fail much?

Edited by MasterDon
  • Like 2

I don't want this thread to get locked, so, I'm gonna shut myself up...

No worries... Still we're members of the same forum.

Thank you very much for participating. I really enjoyed it yesterday. Think I was carried away.

But yesterday is history anyway. Today, let's be friends.

Thanks again.

@MASTERDON.

Thank you very much for participating. I really enjoyed it yesterday. Think I was carried away.

Thanks again.

@MASTERDON.

Smart choice there bucko.... simmer down, both of you.

Thanks again.

@MASTERDON.

No.You came here asking for help from the members.And they adviced out of the goodness of their hearts without expecting anything in return...But after you got what needed you put up a signature basically saying your car is the best and all other cars are shit...People here love their cars as much as you.I mean I saw Komi kiss,fondle and say sweet words to his teg before getting in it.How do you think it makes him feel when you say his car is not as good as yours?..

and to top it all off you insulted a very senior member Watchman in a matter that did not involve you...

Well then don't be a moderator and judge trinity. Mind your own business. I'm sure trinity won't give a poopy about what you have to say; 'cause YOU ARE NOT A MODERATOR !!! :D :D teensy bit of pun intended.

So I demand you apologize to me,Watchman, and all the other members who you have offended by name...

Edited by MasterDon

Okay, here goes...

(ahem)

" I feel extremely embarrassed and awful about what happened yesterday and today. I quite understand that Master-don and watchman are respectable persons and I showed an entire lack of respect for them by trolling MD and insulting watchman. While it is no excuse in my defense I was drunk and egged on by my friends and I am very vulnerable to peer pressure. In any other situation I would never have done anything so vile, immature and foolish. I will accept any punishment that your honor considers fitting but for the sake of my thread which I do anything to protect, could both of you guys - honorable MD and watchman - please stop posting on it as it would destroy the thread and I would hate to see this thread destroyed by someone who never had a hand to the thread. Again, I'm very very embarrassed and it won't happen again."

Please accept my sincere apology.

Sincerely,

Red-faced,

bracket.

• Like 1

Okay, here goes...

(ahem)

" I feel extremely embarrassed and awful about what happened yesterday and today. I quite understand that Master-don and watchman are respectable persons and I showed an entire lack of respect for them by trolling MD and insulting watchman. While it is no excuse in my defense I was drunk and egged on by my friends and I am very vulnerable to peer pressure. In any other situation I would never have done anything so vile, immature and foolish. I will accept any punishment that your honor considers fitting but for the sake of my thread which I do anything to protect, could both of you guys - honorable MD and watchman - please stop posting on it as it would destroy the thread and I would hate to see this thread destroyed by someone who never had a hand to the thread. Again, I'm very very embarrassed and it won't happen again."

Please accept my sincere apology.

Sincerely,

Red-faced,

bracket.

Nope.I feel that apology is not sincere enough.Do it again!

And this time include all the other car owners you have offended by saying their cars are worthless.And also apologise to site owner for wasting server space.

I will not stop "destroying" you precious thread untill then...

um, i still kiss fondle and whisper sweet nothings to both my cars! it gets the wife quite upset. she recently stumbled upon the following viber exchange the day before my masters:

friend: "machan after this (exam) i'm just gonna go home, hug my pillow and sleep. so stressed.

me: "ow bung. i'm just gonna go home and hug the honda. always makes me feel better"

that poor soul i married, who cooked, cleaned up and fed me, destressed me, looked out for me during the last three months happened to see this text.

its a wonder she hasnt walked out on me yet...

Hey Bucket Malli read this... http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2013/05/mitsubishi-volvo-named-to-list-of-brands-to-disappear-in-2014.html

There goes you resale value of your great Lancer...aiyyo paw!

Don't worry I'll buy it off you for two rupees...LMAO!

Back in 2010, the same website claimed that KIA will disappear in 2011. But look where it is right now.. just keeps growing its share in Europe. I would give this website the same credibility rating as I would give Sylvi's technical advice.

Although Toyota is the largest automaker in Japan, Mitsubishi Group is actually the largest cartel (keiretsu) in Japan. As a cartel, Mitsubishi is going pretty strong. So I doubt if Mitsubishi Motors will just vanish or get taken over by the Chinese or Indians.

• Like 1

um, i still kiss fondle and whisper sweet nothings to both my cars! it gets the wife quite upset. she recently stumbled upon the following viber exchange the day before my masters:

friend: "machan after this (exam) i'm just gonna go home, hug my pillow and sleep. so stressed.

me: "ow bung. i'm just gonna go home and hug the honda. always makes me feel better"

that poor soul i married, who cooked, cleaned up and fed me, destressed me, looked out for me during the last three months happened to see this text.

its a wonder she hasnt walked out on me yet...

Hahahah still laughing...

I can imagine her face after seeing the text... :angry-smiley-005:

Back in 2010, the same website claimed that KIA will disappear in 2011. But look where it is right now.. just keeps growing its share in Europe. I would give this website the same credibility rating as I would give Sylvi's technical advice.

Although Toyota is the largest automaker in Japan, Mitsubishi Group is actually the largest cartel (keiretsu) in Japan. As a cartel, Mitsubishi is going pretty strong. So I doubt if Mitsubishi Motors will just vanish or get taken over by the Chinese or Indians.

:sport-smiley-004: athi yanthan... I too think both toyota and mitsu companies are equally strong.

Yep. Found the following article in the same website which somewhat contradicts to what they say in the earlier article posted by MasterDon.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2014/01/december-2013-sales-winners-losers.html/5

Hahahah still laughing...

I can imagine her face after seeing the text... :angry-smiley-005:

So now you know how much the ITR means to Komi.Other car owners feel the same about their rides...You have insulted them all!..Apologise!

Regarding the website claims for mitsubishi,I will post my reply here in due course and explain why buying a Mitsubishi now is financially considered high-risk.

And also expect my full review of the 2013 Lancer.I must be one of the very few here who have driven the cars they talk about so expect an unbiased opinion.

• Like 1

I concurr with Preveen. You have made your point. It's time for us to move on.

As for the demise of Mitsubishi, Mitsubishi cars haven't been doing well of late and GTAm alluded to this a number of months ago as well. They have lost market share, got caught up in scandals trying to cover up defects in their vehicles to avoid recalls and their cars have failed to show the same dominance of models of old.

The last two generations of Lancer has certainly not been as succesful as the previous generation (until CK Mitsubishi had a fairly good portion of the small sedan market in Sri Lanka)

Their GDi technology wasn't that succesful outside Japan but its since been adopted by many other manufacturers (VWs FSI, Mercedes CGI, I know new BMW engines have it as well but I don't know the acronym for their version)

They also collaborate on common rail diesel technology with PSA

And Mitsubishi as a cartel is a very strong organisation. They make heavy equipment, aeroplanes, electronics, elevators and a LOT of components for other manufacturers. There is also Mitsubishi Sumitomo securities

So my hunch is they are unlikely to collapse and should be able to turn themselves around.

Nissan did that just over a decade ago after being rescused by Renault. Its the nature of the auto industry.