• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer Or Axio? Update: Bought A Lancer! (Aka The B.r.a.t.t. Thread)

Bracket

Question

Hello Experts,

Excited to join Autolanka forums :D Waited almost for month for an admin to approve me ... anyway, whoever the admin that approved me, :smilie_liebe12:

Last December, I sold my good old Maruti WagonR ( 2008 model, 5yrs old, driven for 30000+ Kms) For 1.6mil. I was searching for a good car to buy ever since. ( that's how I ended up on autolanka) So now that I finally got approved I thought it's time to get expert ideas on buying my new vehicle.

My budget is 3.5mil - 4.0mil. I wanted to buy a japanese car and browsing the internet, Finally I decided that there are two contenders:

1. Toyota axio 161 1.3 X Grade (2013)

2. Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1.6 GLX (2013)

Both the cars ( Brand New ) are being sold for 3.5 mil. for the permit. ( Lancer : 3,460,000 to be exact)

My priorities are:

-RELIABILITY
-Fuel Economy

-Spare Parts Availability

-Safety And comfort

-Handling

-Looks

- Resale value

Axio Dealers are mainly bragging of TOYOTA Reliability and Spare parts availability. They assured me I'm in deep trouble if I choose a mitsubishi because there are no spare parts in local market and I would have to buy spare parts only from agent paying a huge amount of money and I have to wait till eternity for mitsubishi agents to import parts from japan. And they also mentioned that unlike axio, I won't be able to sell the mitsubishi for a decent price. (if I wanted to, of course)

I called mitsu agents and they say they have spare parts for any vehicle they sell and I don't have to worry. However the sales guy said he have no idea on 3rd party parts availability.

So as you all can see i'm in a dilemma here. If you were in my position which car would you buy? And please be kind enough to mention why.. :)

This is my first post on autolanka, so please go easy on me if I have offended any rule.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Bracket

Kush is right. The Ex 1.5 model has the knock control system so 90 octane can be used as an emergency measure. But clearly the engine performance level is reduced in that case.

May be if you put it on a dyno, on real life I've never noticed any diffrence. However in the manual cars i was told that sometimes knocking is felt if you are lazy to downshift.

The 3000 GT is not as highly rated as the 300ZX, NSX, Supra and RX7 (its competitors of the era) because it was generally considered to be a dull drive, The 4WD. active steering/suspension and all the electronics (and there were a LOT, including electrically adjustable aero aids!) made it very heavy and road testers of the time agreed that it just wasn't as fun to drive as the rest of the Jap super coupes. In terms of sheer tech the 3000GT was closer to the Nissan R32/R33 Skyline GTR than the rest but of course Godzilla knew how to turn the tech into a blinding driving experience.... The GT apparently didn't get that memo.

Oh and Bracket, good choice of car mate... all the best!

Didnt know that it was high tech :o

Good luck with the purchase Bracket! Hope you enjoy every bit of the car.

Read the owner's manual from A to Z, you're sure to find answers to many questions such as which type of fuel to use and what grade of engine oil to use and so on (not that you'll be needing most of them immediately since the agent will be doing the first few services, but it's good to know these things beforehand).

i think i am pretty late to this topic. but never the less, i've seen this Dark Brown color for lancer exterior which looks extremely plush, and imagine the amount of upgrades you could do to the lancer than the Axio. i beleive an upgrade to a evo 10 :sad-smiley-067:

Congrads on the purchase !!!

Now next important question...did you find out from the agents how much you can push the envelop on performance upgrades without voiding the warranty ?

Even stock it is a pretty fun drive :)

Thanks bro. Not yet.

If I'm gonna upgrade anything the first thing I would do is seeking you experts advice.

Good luck with the purchase Bracket! Hope you enjoy every bit of the car.

Read the owner's manual from A to Z, you're sure to find answers to many questions such as which type of fuel to use and what grade of engine oil to use and so on (not that you'll be needing most of them immediately since the agent will be doing the first few services, but it's good to know these things beforehand).

Thanks again bro.

I'm gonna find an e-copy and I then I'l have good 4 months to read it until she arrives...

That way, I'll be fully prepared to play with her when she shows up her pretty face.

• Like 1

i think i am pretty late to this topic. but never the less, i've seen this Dark Brown color for lancer exterior which looks extremely plush, and imagine the amount of upgrades you could do to the lancer than the Axio. i beleive an upgrade to a evo 10 :sad-smiley-067:

EVO ??

Ahh what a sweet dream... :D

plot twist, he is a ricer and he is planning to fix big fat fiber kits :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Errmm... Who's a "ricer" ?

EDIT : ahh found it :D

(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder

- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747

- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool

- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself

- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire

- Clear tail lights and corner signals

- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)

- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

I'm learning more and more each day thanks to you guys.... :dance3:

Edited by Bracket

Errmm... Who's a "ricer" ?

EDIT : ahh found it :D

(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder

- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747

- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool

- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself

- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire

- Clear tail lights and corner signals

- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)

- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

I'm learning more and more each day thanks to you guys.... :dance3:

LOL yes thats the meaning of a ricer

and heres another pic :D

1484237_584471491629250_188262316_n.jpg

Holy mother of god.. Just look at that poor car..stupid bangladeshi f**ks! Inspired by Leepu maybe..

When i was in bangladesh an extremly pretty girl drove passed me in a red evo 10 near the Gulshan club..

Both sightings were rare and i was like faaa king hell thats my dream car and dream chick,both at once.. please dont go wait a little more..

Went back to the hotel and finished an entire vodka bottle with a friend..

Thats one evo moment that i will never forget untill i die.. Especially that girl..

Edited by trinity
  • Like 2

Holy mother of god.. Just look at that poor car..stupid bangladeshi f**ks! Inspired by Leepu maybe..

When i was in bangladesh an extremly pretty girl drove passed me in a red evo 10 near the Gulshan club..

Both sightings were rare and i was like faaa king hell thats my dream car and dream chick,both at once.. please dont go wait a little more..

Thats one evo moment that i will never forget untill i die.. Especially that girl..

Got blueballs?

lol yep thats an ugly one, but they got plenty of modified Lancers that are nice

1560515_584543828288683_1249530983_n.jpg

1505353_581362848606781_2018333959_n.jpg

1560442_579832262093173_606606311_n.jpg

1526788_573713059371760_292711299_n.jpg

559866_566133533463046_128945213_n.jpg

554724_558318817577851_33527780_n.jpg

and finally a Galant Fortis

1522122_581936108549455_1332500148_n.jpg

1549378_581026638640402_1957234356_n.jpg

Edited by Magnum
  • Like 1

Oh thats a treat to sore eyes isn't it.. That Galant Fortis is sexy.. Glad to see that these cars are not fixed with crash bars.. Most probably they only drive them in fridays and saturdays when the epic traffic jams are not there..

Btw Are you located in bangladesh Magnum?

See bracket, now that's what yo call stance. As with puśśy, it really boils down to how many fingers you can fit in the gap. The lesser, the better. right now for ex Teg takes one finger. And I clear most everything on the road. Hence my suggestion of coilovers SOMEDAY. Any car looks a lot nicer when lowered. I'm sure magnum can give some examples

• Like 1