• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Project Carina Gt

Muditha420

WHAT THE F***k MAN!!! :sport-smiley-005::sport-smiley-005::sport-smiley-005::sport-smiley-005::sport-smiley-005::sport-smiley-005::sport-smiley-005::sport-smiley-005:

take a chill pill man.. his car his petrol his money. Maybe he wants to try something different too. In an economy where you c don't have the luxury of buying cars on whims and fancies one must sacrifice the old goat for the new lamb :)

OK to calm down the outrage of all on me planning on selling, let me explain. Thought it was time for a change and wanted to see if I could start another project hence the reason why I thought why not. The GT was the stepping stone and even to the very last minute I would still fettle with it hands down. That’s why m still waiting for someone to get down from states so I can get my heater hoses and vacuum lines.

IF u were a sales guy or a scammer u take a car do a cut & polish turn the ODO say a mere 50000km and sell it off. Have seen many examples all over the place even cars that were looked after well hitting 210,000km but turned more than 80k backwards, I guess all the internals are mended as well while it was travelling back in time.

I guess I was taken for a ride as well when I bought this but I could have done the same scenario mentioned above. But thanks to a number of gentlemen here I was able to get her to a good stead most likely the only Carina GT out there that looks the par (wait still working on the rims)

Sadly most people need a car that’s well looked after, not more that 100k on ODO, accident free, looks eye catching etc etc….. But mostly it needs to be dirt cheap.

I have seen guys laboring over days, weeks and month’s coz buying a car and lovingly restoring them to their former grandeur is quite epic, Be it JDM or not. Some prefer to keep it the original way like “Jaliya48” and his 86 Corolla DX KE72V which in real life looks exquisite and then there is the other end which “Komisiripala” and his beloved Teg. Which I have to say even when I see a black Teg on the road I still have a little hope inside telling me “Maybe that’s Komi’s one” LOL. That’s how deep that car is etched in my mind.

We are not sales guys planning on a quick buck or even insurance companies selling pretty much un-drivable cars (IF want examples just browse the few threads we have on AL). Even if I part with it if I have enough money one day I would buy her back, it might be knackered I don’t care I would still buy it. If I knew where my dad’s Toyota Corolla KE30 was I would buy that as well.

This ain’t a marketing gimmick, I would rather keep mine coz there are enough and more GT’s out there maybe with genuine details who knows I have no idea. But do the calculations, go through the car history and records and whatever car you buy don’t over reach your budget with extensive loans. It’s a car people, your families future comes 1st not a car that’s worth 50mil that depreciates so fast. In the day and age saving up a few bucks is a good idea.

I don’t mind even if the admins think this is unsuitable and take it off but just wanted people to know.

Let me leave you with these words, A car in good condition and cheap doesn't go together, let me quote the immortal words of Clarkson No, no, no. There's no such thing as cheap and cheerful. It's cheap and nasty & expensive and cheerful.”

And guys calm down, I might go either way, JDM or not but I’ll still love me cars and want them clean n shiny even if it rains annoyingly the next day after washing n pampering. Hell I have a soft bristled brush to clean vents and all too.

• Like 1

And guys calm down, I might go either way, JDM or not but I’ll still love me cars and want them clean n shiny even if it rains annoyingly the next day after washing n pampering. Hell I have a soft bristled brush to clean vents and all too.

Doesn't everyone who like's to keep their cars clean have one of these???? Especially when based in dusty suburbs

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Thanks for sharing such an inspiring project details mudhitha.... :)

I too am, influenced to do a project like this now, thanks to you...

However, with my car hunt for a white presea, I guess the sands of time for me are running low.

I was promised by a white presea owner that he would sell his, and gave me two months of hope and this week when the deal was about to close, he told me he changed his mind... so I thought I should settle down for a presea of another colour since I have not much of choice left...

since the OP has chosen a great shade of silver and he didnt have to change the book too, I would like to get some advice from our members on this same thread too without opening another thread or moving to a different thread...I do not want to go through the hazzle of changing the colour in the book and if im to sell the car in the future, i dont want the buyer to hesitate to buy coz the colour has changed... so i too planned an alternative to buy a silver car, and do a full body paint of a different shade of silver to make things easier...

the different shade of silver I'm attracted to is the "SILVER BLUE".... I have seen a very few silver blue cars in SL, they were only BMW's... however i searched the net and found few shades of silver and following are the pictures... I would like to know, if these colour paints exist in SL and can these be called under the colour: SILVER, so that I would not have to change the book :)

This one below is called FROZEN SILVER

OTbJSp5.jpg

This one is called LIGHTNING SILVER

lsRCSgf.jpg

This one I don't know what this silver shade is but I like to know, if anyone knows...

OJLbCYE.jpg

And this colour also I don't know what silver it is...

RS53bA9.jpg

And this is the colour I like to have... the paint colour is originally called "MAKO BLUE"...but since it has an essence of silverish colour like the other cars above, can I paint it this colour and regard it as SILVER? (My previous car had the paint of silverish green or metallic green, but in the book it was stated as light green... so I believe for silver also it can be regarded as the same...)

zjTjgL1.jpg

However my requirement is to have a silver colour with an essence of Blue... Hope some of you can advice on this thought... :)

Edited by PreseaLover

As long as there is the word "Silver" on the paint you will be applying and on the book, you should be okay. no matter what shade of silver it maybe. there are a lot of shades mate...to the greener side to sort of a copper side of silver as well. best bet is to just go where they sell car paint get the catalogs and go through them. every manufacturer will have there unique sorta silver with them

As long as there is the word "Silver" on the paint you will be applying and on the book, you should be okay. no matter what shade of silver it maybe. there are a lot of shades mate...to the greener side to sort of a copper side of silver as well. best bet is to just go where they sell car paint get the catalogs and go through them. every manufacturer will have there unique sorta silver with them

great.. thanks mate :)

Also, you need to remember that although a certain color looks good on a certain model of car; it doesn't necessarily mean it will look as good on a different model.

Uhh....maybe the Admin should move this to your old Presea thread (although it is not the same Presea anymore) just so that the Carina info doesn't get clutered ?

Also, you need to remember that although a certain color looks good on a certain model of car; it doesn't necessarily mean it will look as good on a different model.

Uhh....maybe the Admin should move this to your old Presea thread (although it is not the same Presea anymore) just so that the Carina info doesn't get clutered ?

yeah that's what I asked, and since you have a good knowledge about presea's maybe you could enlighten me if this silver blue looks better on the presea? :)