• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer EX Running Repairs and Maintenance

trinity

16 hours ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

Yes, IMO still not bad considering that I have replaced the cap essay after almost 10 years (according to the maintenance records that I have).

True but Aluminum one reduces the risk of one getting stranded in butt end of nowhere I think

Costs twice the price of an OEM plastic replacement though 😒

Edited by Hyaenidae

hey guys just a random fellow here, so about the evo x conversion

Yes i think there are evo x converted cars in sri lanka.(atleast one)

if u type evo x in sri lanka in google u will see a yellow evo which looks like an actual evo10..but if u look closely the roof strips u see on an actual evo are not there in that yellow car.also when u search the number plate on the RMV site for info, the engine number is listed differently compared to all actual evo10s in lanka.

***** this is the car btw.

iam not 100% sure but this is just a vague guess. maybe its a evox swapped and 90% facelifted lancer

Screenshot 2022-01-14 211409.png

Screenshot 2022-01-14 211532.png

Edited by yasas silva

5 minutes ago, yasas silva said:

if u type evo x in sri lanka in google u will see a yellow evo which looks like an actual evo10..but if u look closely the roof strips u see on an actual evo are not there in that yellow car.also when u search the number plate on the RMV site for info, the engine number is listed differently compared to all actual evo10s in lanka.

iam not 100% sure but this is just a vague guess. maybe its a evox swapped and 90% facelifted lancer

It used to be that a proper evo x conversion cost more than what the base car is worth so it was cheaper to import an actual evo x and run it with a lancer ex CR (gediyak thiyanawa) - maybe that yellow car is one of those too

1 minute ago, Hyaenidae said:

It used to be that a proper evo x conversion cost more than what the base car is worth so it was cheaper to import an actual evo x and run it with a lancer ex CR (gediyak thiyanawa) - maybe that yellow car is one of those too

But like isnt a converted evo x cheaper than a actual evox (specially nowadays) when no evo x owner is willing to sell their car

Just now, yasas silva said:

But like isnt a converted evo x cheaper than a actual evox (specially nowadays) when no evo x owner is willing to sell their car

I have no idea about costs involved with a proper evox conversion nowadays so can't comment on that... but there are couple of CY2As running around with 4B11s and 4B11Ts

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, yasas silva said:

Not necessarily...it can go either way...a proper conversion (one where they acually strip the car down to the bone..do the reenforcements, etc..) takes a lot of labor which costs a lot. Then there is the cost of the donor car....these special cars have gone significantly up in price...then there is also the parts you will have to replace (i.e. those that cannot be used from the donor or what you want to upgrade).

Also, now days anytype of conversion (Tourer Vs, Glanzas, Evo, WRXs, etc...) are going to be far more costlier than before. On one hand it is because the ruppe has crashed but also because these cars have significantly gone up in price due to the high demand from countries like the US. Right now even a crappy, "well used" Chaser Tourer V goes for nearly ~20,000USD (a prestine one or one in original form nearly 30-35K...automatics will be a bit cheaper) a crashed one about 15K....back in the day a Tourer V could be picked up for about half that price and converted car could be picked up for anything from 4-5mil LKR.

23 hours ago, yasas silva said:

Screenshot 2022-01-14 211409.png

Screenshot 2022-01-14 211532.png

I think this is a legit Evo X GSR, I remember seeing this on a quick site for sale sometime back for around 6.5 Mil ( before the Pandemic). The Interior 👇

interior.jpg

Edited by K.o.N.o.S

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2022 at 1:46 AM, yasas silva said:

On 1/18/2022 at 1:42 AM, K.o.N.o.S said:

I think this is a legit Evo X GSR, I remember seeing this on a quick site for sale sometime back for around 6.5 Mil ( before the Pandemic). The Interior 👇

It's a converted Lancer EX according to RMV vehicle info. Chassis number starts with CY2A.

Edited by Davy
Removed RMV report screenshot due to RMV disclaimer mentioning it should only be used as a personal reference.
  • Like 1

On 2/2/2022 at 7:58 AM, K.o.N.o.S said:

Guys,

Trying to order a spark plug set through Partsouq. Why am I seeing "Europe use only" option. There's no difference right? @Hyaenidae @Davy @trinity

image.png.ecb8baa99f6369f135cddf14edce4714.png

First time seeing something like that.So I have no idea about it. Couldn’t find a proper clarification from google as well.

let’s wait for others to comment as well. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/29/2022 at 7:22 AM, Hyaenidae said:

Switched to 92 octane + octane boosters

Octane booster cost : Rs.1500ish

95 octane cost : Rs.1800 more per tank

OW1xdXz.jpg

So fuel economy figures are almost same with 92+octane boosters. Did my first long distance trip to Kandy from Kurunegala after switching to 92, Avg FE is 14ish kmpl according to tank refill method, 13.8kmpl according to trip computer which is about same what I used to get from 95 octane - this is under spirited driving too, avg speed is 50kmph

Edited by Hyaenidae
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

Well, not sure if this one could be repaired... 

Hope the owner had adjusted the insurance to the current market value because I definitely haven't

Wow. Hope everyone is okay. 

Looks like a write-off to me as because the pillars are damaged. But who are we do judge... in a few months this car might roam the roads again as an "accident-free" car. :)