• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bought a Mazda 6 2014

caesarprime

Hello all, after the struggle to find a car over 1 year, finally I bought a car which with the help of suggestions of you and some of my Mazda owner colleagues.

Didn't like to show off the things, but the big guy @iRage asked me to do so, such that I can share my experience with you all.

I had a few choices, where I began with AE/CE 110, then since I joined the forum, I was driven towards Primera (SR20) and Mark 2. Was looking for some over the time, but due to same day price increments , being too old, and due to the fact that the government won't remove the import ban anytime soon and even if that happens they would have to increase the taxes by a considerable amount I tried moving a step ahead with the budget. So after a few months of search, I found a car which matched my favour (But did cost me some).

The ride is smooth and the feel is good. So all the doubts before buying this one got flown away by the moment I went on to touch the steering wheel. It had ridden 120K by the time I bought this. All the services done through Colonial and was in mint condition except for a few minor side scratches. Fuel economy is good on highways, did around 17kmpl within the highway in the 2 trips I went. On City not so sure, the roads are pretty empty on where I live 😅

So, to make things simple I bought a Mazda 6 2.0L 2014, skyactive (An old dashboard version), beige interior, Black and still enjoying every moment of it except for the fact that it is isolation now and can't get into the wheels due to that. Looked for a new dashboard version earlier and it did cost around 8M. So it stopped me over this while moving. But so far no regrets and do love the ride. I am a newbie to the ride but, Let me know if you are intending to buy one and need any insights on the car, would be glad to help on.

But considering the options that I had earlier to select from (Axio, Allion, grace, bla bla bla).

• This is way better in look, muscular
  • Much space inside
  • Much better handling
  • Fuel consumption is relatively good for a 2c. (Axio does around 24kmpl, but this is way better on feel)
  • Non-Hybrid (So less maintenance costs compared to M3 )

Though I am a newbie there might be some wash marks still on the car, looking to order some grit guards and begin on with the 2 basket method. Btw thanks all within the form for the wonderful help through the journey. I might move to another in 1-2 years of time (Though I am not sure I will scale up or scale down). But for the moment, I am very much perfect with this, and enjoying the every mile of the ride.

IMG_20210509_125248(1).jpg

IMG_20210524_150507.jpg

IMG_20210524_151114.jpg

IMG_20210524_151128_1.jpg

IMG_20210524_160439.jpg

IMG_20210524_160506_1.jpg

IMG_20210524_160532.jpg

IMG_20210524_160537_1.jpg

• Like 9

Congratulations mate. This was one of my choice of cars before I became a lancer lover. Still when I see one on the road my head turns. Enjoy the ride.

• Thanks 1

Congratulations ! She looks pretty good and the scratches and swirls are not visible at all at first glance (there are cars that are far far worst). Black is a rather elegant color and if you give it a good paint restoration and keep it waxed/sealed...it will be like a mirror :D <pain to maintain though>.

I do beleive you will keep her for longer than 1-2 years though :) Especially is you love it. In SL there are not many other options. 

So...as the enxt step...can we slowly drive you towards saving some money for some tasty upgrades ?

Enjoy and drive safe :) 

• Thanks 1

Excellent choice of car ! Congratulations! Keep us updated with more about this car - there aren't too many 6's around and this is a keeper cos as far as I hear the 6 sets the bar quite high. 

Edited by matroska
  • Thanks 1

oh...and the 6 is getting progressively phased out of markets. It got phased out of the US market due to low sales...and the word is that it will start spreading out to other regions as well (it isn't doing too well in Japan as well). This also mean that the segment is open wide for the indicated rear wheel drive replacement So this model will be the last of its kind 😕 

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, sathyajithj99 said:

Congrats ! Nice choice.

Thanks mate!

15 hours ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

Congratulations mate. This was one of my choice of cars before I became a lancer lover. Still when I see one on the road my head turns. Enjoy the ride.

Thanks mate! Yeah it does, it actually had that look which makes anyone look twice. That was one of the prime reasons which I went with it. ❤️ Lancers are a pretty great choice too.

4 hours ago, iRage said:

Congratulations ! She looks pretty good and the scratches and swirls are not visible at all at first glance (there are cars that are far far worst). Black is a rather elegant color and if you give it a good paint restoration and keep it waxed/sealed...it will be like a mirror :D <pain to maintain though>.

I do beleive you will keep her for longer than 1-2 years though :) Especially is you love it. In SL there are not many other options. 

So...as the enxt step...can we slowly drive you towards saving some money for some tasty upgrades ?

Enjoy and drive safe :) 

Thanks @iRage, and for all the follow up help. I do believe it might be worthy to have a detailing sometimes by the last quarter of the year. The most important thing is despite being an auto, the car actually feels something. So driving pleasure is there.

Yeah would like to hear them out (about the upgrades which I can make), I am a newbie in the town 🤓

1 minute ago, matroska said:

Excellent choice of car (You had a Primera with a SR20 - my my you do have good taste in cars! Congratulations! Keep us updated with more about this car - there aren't too many 6's around and this is a keeper cos as far as I hear the 6 sets the bar quite high. 

Just to amend it @matroska, no I didn't have one. But it was on my list when I was checking in. Do not know why it is going less than par with the Toyota ones, but the SL guys are pretty loose on the fuel consumption. I checked on with a couple of SR20s, Once actually was missed due to my self being more than negotiating. The car was minty, but wasn't ridden for a couple of years. Had an engine fault. But still do miss the thing about myself on missing that car. It was a prime classic to have (2001 make)

Sure will keep you guys updated, thanks for the advises throughout. Indeed it is, I think this is the most comfortable car which I have even been within. Let alone been on the driving seat. Had doubts on spending an amount for a car, when I had the chance to spend on something like a good land closeby. But do not regret the every mile when I am on the driving seat. It is pure pleasure ❤️

1 minute ago, iRage said:

oh...and the 6 is getting progressively phased out of markets. It got phased out of the US market due to low sales...and the word is that it will start spreading out to other regions as well (it isn't doing too well in Japan as well). This also mean that the segment is open wide for the indicated rear wheel drive replacement So this model will be the last of its kind 😕 

Yeah saw that in the morning, they called it off along with CX versions I believe. Thought it would have the benefit with Atenza on Japan. But dunno, what would happen. Still analyzing on the markets of the Allions and Premios after the abandonment. But never saw this coming though

Just now, caesarprime said:

Yeah saw that in the morning, they called it off along with CX versions I believe. Thought it would have the benefit with Atenza on Japan. But dunno, what would happen. Still analyzing on the markets of the Allions and Premios after the abandonment. But never saw this coming though

No..they only cancelled the 6 and the CX3. The CX5 is right now Mazda's best selling model globally followed on by the CX-8/9. The CX-3 was planned to be cancelled for awhile with the introduction of the MX-30 (gasoline and pure electric vehicle in the same class). However, the adoption of the MX-30 also has been somewhat sluggish.

The Atenza was renamed as the Mazda 6 even in Japan since last year. In Japan it has not done well at all for the last few years (in an already dwindling Japanese sedan market which the Camry and the Crown seem to be the only ones that are selling anything). Mainly because people do not see anything new in the car. It is the same with all Mazdas...there is small constant evolutions (almost on a yearly basis) but at the end of the day it just looks and feels like the same old car to the touch. Even the new 3 is simply not moving.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, iRage said:

No..they only cancelled the 6 and the CX3. The CX5 is right now Mazda's best selling model globally followed on by the CX-8/9. The CX-3 was planned to be cancelled for awhile with the introduction of the MX-30 (gasoline and pure electric vehicle in the same class). However, the adoption of the MX-30 also has been somewhat sluggish.

The Atenza was renamed as the Mazda 6 even in Japan since last year. In Japan it has not done well at all for the last few years (in an already dwindling Japanese sedan market which the Camry and the Crown seem to be the only ones that are selling anything). Mainly because people do not see anything new in the car. It is the same with all Mazdas...there is small constant evolutions (almost on a yearly basis) but at the end of the day it just looks and feels like the same old car to the touch. Even the new 3 is simply not moving.

Quite agreed. Even in the M6 series there is nothing major of a difference from 2014 to 2015 models. Do believe the dashboard and the display is the only change. But never saw this coming.

But do not know when even the last editions would reach out for SL market. In my guess we would have around 6-8 years of more time or  even if they reach out, despite taking the fact that there would be a rise of the taxes post-covid

Edited by caesarprime

Congratulations ! She is a beauty .:love-smiley-045:

Welcome to the Mazda Family, As you rightly have said, it’s worth the time and money spent.  Sadly, with lockdown it’s not possible to do some run- around SL, specially out of Colombo – to appreciate the suspension and grip she has when taking on bends.

Simply follow the maintenance routine and stick with the correct parts, oils and other and she will be running smooth – I feel you will hold on to her more than 2 years – it’s hard to let go 😄

Best of luck and stay safe.  🍻

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mazdaspeed said:

Congratulations ! She is a beauty .:love-smiley-045:

Welcome to the Mazda Family, As you rightly have said, it’s worth the time and money spent.  Sadly, with lockdown it’s not possible to do some run- around SL, specially out of Colombo – to appreciate the suspension and grip she has when taking on bends.

Simply follow the maintenance routine and stick with the correct parts, oils and other and she will be running smooth – I feel you will hold on to her more than 2 years – it’s hard to let go 😄

Best of luck and stay safe.  🍻

Thanks mate, might need some help regarding maintenance. DM'd you for some info